Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Is Gears Tactics Coming to Xbox One? Mouse and Keyboard Support Suggests It Is

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 08 January 19 at 19:10
Only advertised for Windows 10 at the moment

Please click here to read the story: Is Gears Tactics Coming to Xbox One? Mouse and Keyboard Support Suggests It Is
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 08 January 19 at 19:34
I love the GOW series but this type of game does not excite me. I’m sure I’ll throw my money away and eventually pick it up.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 08 January 19 at 19:35
PUBG will be 10x better with mouse and keyboard
See You Space Cowboy...
xLsWx
xLsWx
Posted on 08 January 19 at 19:38
I do hope so
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 08 January 19 at 19:56
Thats a cheap controller O.o
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Leg1t Qual1ty
Leg1t Qual1ty
Posted on 08 January 19 at 20:04
I'm getting the game day one and same goes for gears 5 and gears pop. Even if tactics and pops don't have xbox live enabled achievements I'm still playing it.
Zerodactyl
Zerodactyl
Posted on 08 January 19 at 20:28, Edited on 08 January 19 at 20:30 by Zerodactyl
PUBG is NOT getting Mouse and Keyboard support by the way. It was incorrectly listed on the Razer site.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGXboxOne/comments/adv6mk/pubg_xb...
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 08 January 19 at 20:31
So is gears pop not an RTS? These two blended together in my memory lol
Matthew
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 08 January 19 at 20:35
I hope we get it on the X1, i was more excited to see that than Gears 5.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 08 January 19 at 20:47
Zerodactyl said:
PUBG is NOT getting Mouse and Keyboard support by the way. It was incorrectly listed on the Razer site.

oof...
See You Space Cowboy...
Erik Seidel
Erik Seidel
Posted on 08 January 19 at 20:53
Age of Empires was accidently listed on the Store of the Xbox One on November 8th as well so I'm pretty sure it'll make its way to the Xbox, too.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 08 January 19 at 20:57
For that money it better come with an Xbox as well.
Garbar05
Garbar05
Posted on 08 January 19 at 21:10, Edited on 09 January 19 at 03:20 by Garbar05
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
Gears Tactics is the RTS announced at E3 that was originally gonna be for PC only. Gears Pop is a mobile game and I don't think we've heard anything much else about it aside from the E3 trailer

EDIT: As DarthFracas pointed out below Tactics is not an RTS but turn based.
LilGurgi
LilGurgi
Posted on 08 January 19 at 21:12
I haven't did PC gaming since the 90's so I'm a little out of touch with keyboard/mouse gaming. Unless I'm wrong (could be), the only difference from the $250 Razer kit and my wireless keyboard/mouse I have currently at home is that the Razer will have an Xbox button? That's an expensive button apparently. Again, i could be totally off base and was just curious.
Dark Death 90
Dark Death 90
Posted on 08 January 19 at 21:16
Zerodactyl said:

Thank God. That should never be introduced in any PVP game.
#1 Resident Evil Fan.
McQueen101
McQueen101
Posted on 08 January 19 at 21:57
lol $250. I play at my desk so I'll just stick to my PC gaming keyboard and mouse that were cheaper then that price tag....
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 08 January 19 at 22:41
Personally I'll probably wait for a non-Razer product unless this gets rave reviews. Razer has a handful of good products, and several handfuls of really bad or overpriced ones.

At best, this is just the latter. At worst, I could see input lag and frequent disconnections. Since they are sorta partnered with MS, I remain tentatively hopeful... but then again, I hear plenty of Elite Controller horror stories too, so.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 08 January 19 at 22:54, Edited on 08 January 19 at 23:08 by HolyHalfDead
Players can connect a dongle to the console
No I can't. Unlike the Xbox 360 which had 5 USB ports, the Xbox One only has 3.

1. = External SSD (by god this makes games load fast)
2. = External HDD (to store all the other games I don't play daily)
3. = Wireless Headset (I already hate how much this sticks out at the front)

It will be a pain to have to make sure all the games that support Keyboard and Mouse are either on the internal HDD, and then keep swapping the Ext HDD with the K&M dongle.

P.S. When I recently upgraded my HDD I had 4 drives connected to the Xbox One at the same time. I searched the web before I did that, and couldn't find an authoritative answer. Whenever this question is asked, those that have never even tried it all parrot back that "Xbox will recognize only two external drives at one time." - https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/manage-storage#488...
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 08 January 19 at 22:59
CodeMonkeysGuy said:
Personally I'll probably wait for a non-Razer product unless this gets rave reviews. Razer has a handful of good products, and several handfuls of really bad or overpriced ones.

At best, this is just the latter. At worst, I could see input lag and frequent disconnections. Since they are sorta partnered with MS, I remain tentatively hopeful... but then again, I hear plenty of Elite Controller horror stories too, so.
You don't have to wait for other products. Just plug in a USB keyboard/mouse and you're in. There's nothing unique about the keyboard in the article other than Xbox branding.
DarthFracas
DarthFracas
Posted on 08 January 19 at 23:05
Garbar05 said:
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
Gears Tactics is the RTS announced at E3 that was originally gonna be for PC only. Gears Pop is a mobile game and I don't think we've heard anything much else about it aside from the E3 trailer
FTA:
At the moment, Gears Tactics is a turn-based squad tactical strategy game that's heading for Windows 10.
Turn based, not real time.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.