Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Is Gears Tactics Coming to Xbox One? Mouse and Keyboard Support Suggests It Is

AuthorMessage
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 08 January 19 at 23:10, Edited on 08 January 19 at 23:44 by HolyHalfDead
If you like XCOM, then Gears Tactics will be worth checking out, and best of all it is not by The Coalition.

XCOM (aka UFO) is in my top 5 best video games ever made. 25 years ago I would play that game for 40 hours straight - and the same thing happed again just a couple of weeks ago!

In XCOM 2 I love all the references back to the original. At the end of XCOM 2...
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Also make sure you keep your eye on Phoenix Point
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
MERCENAIRE ADAM
Posted on 08 January 19 at 23:32
RIP Xbox
Solo Wing 82
Solo Wing 82
Posted on 08 January 19 at 23:34, Edited on 08 January 19 at 23:34 by Solo Wing 82
It seems a bit expansive but its actually really cheap! I payed about the same price for my Razer Atrox, and that only has a few buttons!
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 08 January 19 at 23:52
xPut Name Herex said:
You don't have to wait for other products. Just plug in a USB keyboard/mouse and you're in. There's nothing unique about the keyboard in the article other than Xbox branding.
While true, I don't own either of those (laptop user). So I'd have to be starting somewhere, and I'd honestly like to start with something halfway decent when I do. Also nice to have something specifically made for consoles so you don't lose or have awkward functionality. With Razer making a product, more companies will likely follow suit in making peripherals such as this. I'll review hunt later down the line when there's more coverage and more market if I felt like I needed to have one.

But, until I reach a game that utterly demands KB+M for either functionality or convenience, I probably won't bother. Especially right now with the government shutdown, I haven't been and don't plan to be spending any money on gaming anything anytime soon. Had to miss out on all the holiday sales :( such is life.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
Koding
Koding
Posted on 09 January 19 at 00:11, Edited on 09 January 19 at 00:11 by Koding
planting42 said:
For that money it better come with an Xbox as well.
When I saw the price I was thinking something like that...
DCM7734
DCM7734
Posted on 09 January 19 at 01:21
Zerodactyl said:
PUBG is NOT getting Mouse and Keyboard support by the way. It was incorrectly listed on the Razer site.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGXboxOne/comments/adv6mk/pubg_xb...
Thank god
Bah Humbug.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 09 January 19 at 01:34
I don't have a gaming PC, so I'm not up to date on pricing, but that seems incredibly excessive.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Whos Jent
Whos Jent
Posted on 09 January 19 at 01:48
This game actually looks a bit appealing
ninjaraiden2003
Posted on 09 January 19 at 03:53
This is hopefully good news. Really liked this reveal/announcement at E3 showing a turn based XCOM like take on a Gears title to then be disappointed when it was seemingly mobile only.

Would happily snap up a Gears-XCOM, preferably with controller support on the XB1. If I'm going to play a game with a mouse and keyboard I'd just use my PC rather than buying them again for my One.
I NVIII I
I NVIII I
Posted on 09 January 19 at 05:46
I could easily see Gears Tactics being a play anywhere title, kinda had the feeling when it was announced.
Apache117X
Apache117X
Posted on 09 January 19 at 05:46
So keen for this! The co-op mode will rule!
-APACHE117X-
Andrinho7x
Andrinho7x
Posted on 09 January 19 at 06:11
I surely will not buy nor play Gears 5 but I'd like to play Tactics on the One.
NotedLyric923
Posted on 09 January 19 at 06:40
I want keyboard and mouse support for games like Jurassic World Evolution
Billargh
Billargh
Posted on 09 January 19 at 09:17
$250 / £250 is disgusting. It would be cheaper to buy it from the US and pay the ridiculous shipping fees to get it to the UK.
EvilResidentUK
Posted on 09 January 19 at 10:03, Edited on 09 January 19 at 10:05 by EvilResidentUK
HolyHalfDead said:
Players can connect a dongle to the console
No I can't. Unlike the Xbox 360 which had 5 USB ports, the Xbox One only has 3.

1. = External SSD (by god this makes games load fast)
2. = External HDD (to store all the other games I don't play daily)
3. = Wireless Headset (I already hate how much this sticks out at the front)

It will be a pain to have to make sure all the games that support Keyboard and Mouse are either on the internal HDD, and then keep swapping the Ext HDD with the K&M dongle.

P.S. When I recently upgraded my HDD I had 4 drives connected to the Xbox One at the same time. I searched the web before I did that, and couldn't find an authoritative answer. Whenever this question is asked, those that have never even tried it all parrot back that {#}Xbox will recognize only two external drives at one time.{#} - https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/manage-storage#488...
You can get splitter type things ( not sure exactly what they're called) that have one connection to device and allows several other things to be plugged into that, kinda like an extension lead for plug sockets. I got one from somewhere that has four USB ports on it so is handy for external drives, extra controllers etc...
Anima Pura
Anima Pura
Posted on 09 January 19 at 10:13
The benefits of the PC-like architecture are increasing constantly. Having kb+m support would obviously lead to more titles which need those peripherals releasing for the console and it's amazing to see that it's actually happening.

The single drawback is that games like GoW 5 will have a bit of trouble balancing controllers with mice. While for a cover-based game like Gears, this is kind of a debate, classic FPSs will gradually switch to kb+m.
"He who controls the memes, controls the universe." - Unknown
Billargh
Billargh
Posted on 09 January 19 at 12:12
Then I guess I'll continue to buy whatever console provides a controller and doesn't throw controller users in with kbm users. I have a PC for that, I'll stick to it.
NO PULSE
NO PULSE
Posted on 09 January 19 at 14:09
EvilResidentUK said:
You can get splitter type things ( not sure exactly what they're called) that have one connection to device and allows several other things to be plugged into that, kinda like an extension lead for plug sockets. I got one from somewhere that has four USB ports on it so is handy for external drives, extra controllers etc...
USB Hub?

Also too most gaming keyboards that ive seen that were wired also had passthrus for a mouse to connect to.

I had the Turret for the PC and it was garbage. I ended up throwing it away (than dealing with trying to get money back for it or trying to sell it). Good luck to those who think this will work for them.
The Wet Chef
The Wet Chef
Posted on 09 January 19 at 19:31
wow 250 USD for a Keyboard and a Mouse shock
There is NO stupid questions. Only stupid answers!
SE6A K1N6
SE6A K1N6
Posted on 09 January 19 at 19:34
I hope Gears Tactics comes to Xbox.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.