Series Discussion Forum

Forum to discuss and propose game series ideas

Series Leaderboard Including Stackable Versions

AuthorMessage
MCSS Aerocoupe
Posted on 08 January 19 at 21:17
I’m trying to find a leaderboard for a game series that includes stackable versions. So far I’ve not found it, if it exists.

For example, when I look at the series page for Gears of War, I can see the overview for Unique/All and with/out DLC. But when I go to the leaderboard tab, all DLC appears to be included, but only one version of stackable versions. I’m curious how many people have completed every stackable version of every Gears game.
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 08 January 19 at 22:15
Gears of War/leaderboard Series shows all 9 games for me. Six people have done all of them.
Game On.
MCSS Aerocoupe
Posted on 09 January 19 at 04:21
That’s the page I found, but can’t get it to show all 9 when I look at it
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 09 January 19 at 05:01
Click "All" on the first page, instead of "unique".
MCSS Aerocoupe
Posted on 09 January 19 at 06:05
Nomstuff said:
Click {#}All{#} on the first page, instead of {#}unique{#}.
I've been doing that. It starts on Unique and All DLC by default, which shows 5 games, 451 achievements, 10,500 Gamerscore, and 35,664 TA Score. Weird point #1, it shows I have all 451 achievements and 10,500 Gamerscore, but it shows me with 35,663/35,664 TA Score. Not sure how it is calculating to show I have every achievement, but am missing a single TA Score point.

When I change Unique to All and leave All DLC selected, it changes to 9 games, 692 achievements, 15,750 Gamerscore, and 47,054 TA Score. But now it shows me having all 47,054 TA Score.

While I am seeing 692/15,750/47,054 on the Series tab, I click on the Leaderboard tab and it brings up a leaderboard that only shows 5 games. Weird point #2, this leaderboard shows 5 games, 452 achievements, 10,500 Gamerscore, and 35,021 TA Score, and all fifty people that show up on this list have the same 452/10,500/35,021.

I'm seeing the same thing on my phone and laptop, and in Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer.

However, the differences in achievements and TA score has my curiosity at the moment...
Adding up the numbers from the original 360, Gears 2 International, Gears 3, Judgement, and Gears 4, I get the following numbers:
5 games, 452 achievements, 10,500 Gamerscore, and 35,018 TA Score. Almost matches the leaderboard listing, other than TA Score being off by 3.

I started off just wanting to be able to see who all has completed all 9 games. Now I'm curious how TA is coming up with the numbers it has on the series and leaderboard pages.
MCSS Aerocoupe
Posted on 09 January 19 at 06:23
Since two people can see all versions on the leaderboard in the same place I'm only seeing the 5 Unique, I figured there had to be a setting somewhere... Found it under Profile > My Account > Site Settings > Series > "Exclude game variations from series" Yes/No.

Changed it from Yes to No, and now I see the leaderboard with all 9 games.

Now if/when I change it from All to Unique on the Series page, I still see All in the leaderboard. Not an issue, just noting that regardless of which option is your default, toggling between the two makes no difference when you go to look at the leaderboard for that series.

Hope this info helps others looking to see all versions on leaderboards. Still confused on how TA is calculating which versions to include in the Unique list...
AlphaKnight04
AlphaKnight04
Posted on 09 January 19 at 06:51
Lol, Aero and this is what happens when we go down rabbit holes man. Also how we keep ourselves entertained throughout all those hours of grinding.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.