Game Discussion: Red Dead Redemption Forum

Poker Face help needed

AuthorMessage
GloriousEuropa
Posted on 09 January 19 at 01:04
Getting a team of 6 together to boost this Achievement

1: GloriousEuropa
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

Please add me on the above Gamer Tag. I will create a group conversation with all 6 people wanting to boost this. We will have to coordinate using Greenwich Mean Time (+0) to make it easier for everyone from all over the world.

So if, for example, you're in Los Angeles, which is in Pacific Standard Time, please try not to say, "I'll be on at 1pm". Work out how far behind or ahead of GMT you are, and write, in this example, "I can do this at 9pm GMT".
AbyssalOrc33
395,695
AbyssalOrc33
Posted on 11 January 19 at 07:11
Just make a session dude. It will be A LOT easier that way.
GloriousEuropa
Posted on 11 January 19 at 13:38
AbyssalOrc33 said:
Just make a session dude. It will be A LOT easier that way.
Hmm seems nobody wants to play when I do. Not only that it seems nobody will know how to do the requirements and will be out for themselves.
Living Legends
Posted on 11 January 19 at 16:10
GloriousEuropa said:
AbyssalOrc33 said:
Just make a session dude. It will be A LOT easier that way.
Hmm seems nobody wants to play when I do. Not only that it seems nobody will know how to do the requirements and will be out for themselves.
This is laughable, a new user saying people wouldn't know how to conduct themselves during a session and read a solution.
GloriousEuropa
Posted on 12 January 19 at 04:20
Living Legends said:
GloriousEuropa said:
AbyssalOrc33 said:
Just make a session dude. It will be A LOT easier that way.
Hmm seems nobody wants to play when I do. Not only that it seems nobody will know how to do the requirements and will be out for themselves.
This is laughable, a new user saying people wouldn't know how to conduct themselves during a session and read a solution.
Way to be so incendiary over nothing. How would a bunch of randoms know what the plan is, and suddenly all start posting maximum blinds?
AbyssalOrc33
395,695
AbyssalOrc33
Posted on 12 January 19 at 04:36, Edited on 12 January 19 at 21:50 by AbyssalOrc33
GloriousEuropa said:
AbyssalOrc33 said:
Just make a session dude. It will be A LOT easier that way.
Hmm seems nobody wants to play when I do. Not only that it seems nobody will know how to do the requirements and will be out for themselves.
While making a session you can choose what achievements you want to work on. Achievements can and do have guides listed for them, so I really don't see what the problem is.

Let people know they need to having working mics, as it really helps with communication.

Also it helps if you make a session for several days in advance, perhaps longer if the game is old and not very popular. 24 hours or less is usually not enough time for people to show up.
Living Legends
Posted on 12 January 19 at 06:00
GloriousEuropa said:
Living Legends said:
GloriousEuropa said:
AbyssalOrc33 said:
Just make a session dude. It will be A LOT easier that way.
Hmm seems nobody wants to play when I do. Not only that it seems nobody will know how to do the requirements and will be out for themselves.
This is laughable, a new user saying people wouldn't know how to conduct themselves during a session and read a solution.
Way to be so incendiary over nothing. How would a bunch of randoms know what the plan is, and suddenly all start posting maximum blinds?
Because I have hosted and participated in over a 1000 sessions with success. We, the community are not randoms but people geared in achieving a common goal. I was able to in sessions for PubG and made sure before we started searching that everyone had the requirements from clothing to server and playlist options. It's part of being a good host and the others to listen and ask questions if confused. For three weeks, I ran smooth sessions in which everyone got the same amount of rotations and helped them get the achievements they were focusing on. Pretty soon you will find out a lot.of us are able to double triple or quad box games to speed up boosting.

Simple rules for a session:
Have a mic and basic knowledge of English
Will go down in session order sign up
Read solution or please ask if you need explaining to ensure a smooth session
Be on time with game updated and necessary dlc downloaded
And when starting a session please send people a message over Xbox live instead of friend requests and party invites so you can guarantee that they have received it even if they didn't respond and were a no show.

There is a feedback system in which you can explore and see why people might have been hoven neutral and negative feedback and make a decision if you want them to stay in your session or not.
GloriousEuropa
Posted on 13 January 19 at 01:11
I appreciate your help guys, I really do. But I've never seen this option to choose achievements to work on. Somebody just starts playing poker or I start playing and nobody in the map turns up for it.
Living Legends
Posted on 13 January 19 at 02:06
Gaming Sessions FAQ
Koding
854,540
Koding
Posted on 13 January 19 at 02:45
GloriousEuropa said:
I appreciate your help guys, I really do. But I've never seen this option to choose achievements to work on. Somebody just starts playing poker or I start playing and nobody in the map turns up for it.
There was a help article put up on TA a couple of months ago that covered the basics of creating and joining sessions. Take a look...

How to Create and Join Gaming Sessions on TrueAchievements
54 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA!
Living Legends
Posted on 13 January 19 at 03:02
Damn it, that's the one I wanted to link and picked the wrong one.
GloriousEuropa
Posted on 14 January 19 at 05:33
Ohhh that's what you meant by "session". I feel like a right noob now. Thanks for the help, guys. I'll read this now smile
Evandalist
345,598
Evandalist
Posted on 14 January 19 at 15:16
This was hilarious in a "baby's first TA session" kind of way.
Here lies a trite quote from somebody in history you might recognize. It's delightfully witty, yet concurrently incisive, and not at all pretentious.
GloriousEuropa
Posted on 14 January 19 at 23:15
Definitely a crash course in TA haha
J4CKA1
170,263
J4CKA1
Posted on 31 January 19 at 19:18
if you still haven't gotten it, i have a session up for next week.

Boosting Gaming Session for Red Dead Redemption
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.