Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TrueAchievements Readers' Top 50 Games of 2018

AuthorMessage
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 09 January 19 at 15:04
I voted for Wordament! Because I'm a PlayStation traitor and I've barely played anything else valid for this event laugh
TheGillesMuller
Posted on 09 January 19 at 15:24
Incredible that a racing game where you can progress without actually ever winning a race, a horrid multiplayer, slow and overly cluttered menus, regular sound glitches, a glitch where at 250MPH+ the game will freeze for 1-2 seconds then your car will be completely stationary, gameplay that rewards wallriding and ramming morons and thinks having a generic character be able to do a chicken dance + dress like a mentally challenged hipster would be considered the best game of the year were it not for RDR2.

I'm bored of hearing about RDR2 but thank God for it this time.
Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 09 January 19 at 15:42
You can tell I don't buy many new games when I've only played a handful of these and most of those I didn't have to pay for them.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Cer3bra1Asassin
Posted on 09 January 19 at 16:14
TheGreatKoala said:
Sea of Thieves on this list shows the sad state of gaming these days
No the sad state of gaming are gamers like you complaining about a game you haven't played.
Come Join Gamertagnation!!! http://www.gamertagnation.com/?referrerid=3465
venomthanosfan
Posted on 09 January 19 at 16:22
Swinny Costello said:
Good to see Vampyr on the list. That was my favourite game of 2018.
I actually just started playing it yesterday. I've been unimpressed with a good deal of singleplayer experiences this gen, though I was following Vampyr's development at least a few months preceding its release and it seemed very promising, and so far its quality actually has measured up to my expectations, maybe even exceeding them, which is a very welcome surprise for me personally :-).
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 09 January 19 at 16:46
I'm not a fan for Remasters being counted but other than that I think the Top 20 games are more or less within reason.
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 09 January 19 at 16:53
I think this is a good indication of what people might have missed out on. I don't intend to play Red Dead Redemption 2 but I didn't even think of Nier Automata: Become As Gods edition. Might have to get that as I loved the initial Nier game on X-Box 360.
There is always a way.
freedomgirl85
freedomgirl85
Posted on 09 January 19 at 17:12
so everyone was to scared to tell the truth and vote Conan with its admin control panel the top game for this site
Noodles Jr
Noodles Jr
Posted on 09 January 19 at 17:29
Haven't player any of the top 22 games. I guess I have some catching up to do...
If at first you don't succeed, lag switch.
BlackxRyan
BlackxRyan
Posted on 09 January 19 at 18:35
Far Cry 5 was average, shouldn't be that high.

And there is no need to check my profile, I played it on PC.
MVPVincent
MVPVincent
Posted on 09 January 19 at 18:52
There are definitely some surprises for me there, like how Sea of Thieves cracked the Top 10 and the fact that Wordament managed to make the list. laugh
I am a man of few words, but many riddles.
IllegallySam
IllegallySam
Posted on 09 January 19 at 19:12
Thank god Hollow Knight made the list. Easily the best game that came out this last year and not nearly enough people have played it.
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 09 January 19 at 19:28
No surprise seeing RDR2 at the top. I think for me the best thing I played that came out this year was Far Cry 5, enjoyed it a lot. Need to get around to RDR2 soon.
THEpaynexkiller
Posted on 09 January 19 at 20:47
Marius 4ever said:
I'd like to replace AC Odyssey by Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom.

I am very tired of Assassin's Creed saga.
Odyssey is literally GOTY.
Doc Showtime
Doc Showtime
Posted on 09 January 19 at 20:55
The biggest question for me is what's this mean for the Burnout franchise with the Paradise remaster being 24?
MVPVincent
MVPVincent
Posted on 09 January 19 at 21:11
THEpaynexkiller said:
Marius 4ever said:

To you perhaps, but contrary to your belief, not everyone likes Assassin's Creed.
I am a man of few words, but many riddles.
Calrethi
Calrethi
Posted on 09 January 19 at 22:05
MVPVincent said:
THEpaynexkiller said:
Marius 4ever said:

To you perhaps, but contrary to your belief, not everyone likes Assassin's Creed.
Not everyone likes people commenting only to complain about a game they don’t like but you seem to want to defend that ;)
Musikfreak007
Musikfreak007
Posted on 09 January 19 at 22:23
Until a few weeks ago, I had only played Sea of Thieves and the game preview version of PUBG. Grabbed Gamepass for the entry promo price and played Hellblade and Gardens Between.

Basically I see this list and I think "wow, can't wait to buy these on sale in a year or two and play them in 2-3 years."
Though I'm sure I'll have played the top 2 in 2019 as they are positively anticipated sequels for me.
dropK1CK ninJA
Posted on 09 January 19 at 22:34
freedomgirl85 said:
so everyone was to scared to tell the truth and vote Conan with its admin control panel the top game for this site
Huh?
Ask me about my rock collection.
Signal24Code20
Posted on 10 January 19 at 04:18
a44Special said:
Fallout 76 on this list at all is sad, being number 20 is even worse. That game is garbage.
Someone had to do it. Pretty easy to judge a game you've never played, huh? By that logic, at least 30 games on this list are garbage. I've easily played less than 10 from the list so everyone I have played is garbage? Some of these games I'm tired of, some I have 0 interest in ever trying.

I actually think if it weren't for people like you and the bias media, Fallout 76 would be higher... certainly would be on my list.
Thin Blue Line Support https://www.odmp.org/
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.