Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Battlestations: Pacific And More Now Backward Compatible

• Sir Dane IIISir Dane III750,264
    Posted on 10 January 19 at 18:35
    Been waiting to be able to double box Battlestations. I have a feeling it has gone BC now so it can show up as GwG again.
  • Posted on 10 January 19 at 18:36
    Nice, now just gotta find someone to boost the DLC achievements!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead678,152
    Posted on 10 January 19 at 18:39
    Camello Delgado said:
    Hope they keep the trend of older GWG titles going BC.

Still need:

MX VS ATV Alive
    F1 2013
    Gotham City Impostors
    Dungeon Defenders
    The list continues to get shorter :) Those all look reasonable. Games like Tomb Raider seem less likely because it is already available on Xbox One, but that hasn’t stopped them in the past.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 10 January 19 at 18:39
    I always had a lot of fun on Fuel. Never was able to complete it on the 360 though. Maybe at some point I'll try now that it's back compat.
    When will then be now? Soon.
    Posted on 10 January 19 at 18:42
    Sir Dane III said:
    Been waiting to be able to double box Battlestations. I have a feeling it has gone BC now so it can show up as GwG again.
    Maybe. A sweetener to repeats would be to include the DLC second time round, or at the very least put the DLC on sale.

With Lara Croft they released new DLC which was something at least.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Elite1111111111Elite11111111111,013,183
    Posted on 10 January 19 at 18:44
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Sir Dane III said:
    Maybe. A sweetener to repeats would be to include the DLC second time round, or at the very least put the DLC on sale.

With Lara Croft they released new DLC which was something at least.
    And reduced the price of the DLC.
  • EveryBaseEveryBase424,497
    Posted on 10 January 19 at 18:48
    Still hoping for Costume Quest and Dust and Elysian Tail to go BC soon.
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz821,135
    Posted on 10 January 19 at 18:52
    trevzuk0 said:
    It was a GWG in September 2015, if you picked it up back then.
    Thanks, I couldn't remember if it was this or Battlestations: Midway we received on GwG. I'll queue this up for download!
  • EchelonSixEchelonSix955,028
    Posted on 10 January 19 at 18:54
    Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Long overdue. I love battlestations
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7537,337
    Posted on 10 January 19 at 19:00
    I knew Battlestations Pacific would eventually go BC after its predecessor did in 2016. I didn't think there would be a two year gap, however.
  • Dr MartyDr Marty1,010,198
    Posted on 10 January 19 at 19:01
    YESSSSS!!! Finally I can double box Battlestations! This is very welcome news.
  • TranierxTranierx563,071
    Posted on 10 January 19 at 20:11
    FINALLY! I've been waiting for Battlestations since forever.
  • NoApologies1988NoApologies19881,893,095
    Posted on 10 January 19 at 20:56, Edited on 10 January 19 at 20:56 by NoApologies1988
    Lol Raving Rabbids, what a waste of time.

Thanks for nothing microsoft.
  • MaseJMaseJ965,082
    Posted on 10 January 19 at 21:27
    Battlestations Pacific is a great addition. Fuel GWG in February? Wouldn't mind that at all!
  • Elessar1191Elessar1191288,096
    Posted on 10 January 19 at 21:27
    dlCHIEF58 said:
    Shame they never figured out (or spent the time trying) to get Kinect games to work as intended on the One (i.e. with Kinect). One of the few complaints I have against Phil since he took over.
    I agree. Some Kinect games on 360 showed promise and would probably have worked as intended had they hadn't abandoned the Kinect 2.0, and been either made backwards compatible or remastered.

Games like
    Fable: The Journey
    The Gunstringer
    Child of Eden
    Kinect Star Wars
    Marvel's Avengers: Battle for Earth - surprised this never got re-released to aim at the market of fans of the DC/WB Injustice games.
  • fangerdangafangerdanga217,592
    Posted on 10 January 19 at 21:29
    Battlestations is an awesome game. I've still got both games in the series on disc.
  • Posted on 10 January 19 at 21:46
    Of the games not remade on XBO (like Batman, Dishonored, etc.) games I'm still hoping for - even if licensing could prove an issue:

Dust: An Elysian Tail
    Gun
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)
    Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
    Tony Hawk's Project 8
    Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD
    Fez
    The Simpson's Arcade

I can dream, right?
    When Kingdoms of Amalur went back compat, I started to believe anything was possible! haha
  • The NotoThe Noto593,712
    Posted on 10 January 19 at 23:55
    Musikfreak007 said:
    Of the games not remade on XBO (like Batman, Dishonored, etc.) games I'm still hoping for - even if licensing could prove an issue:

Dust: An Elysian Tail
    Gun
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)
    Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
    Tony Hawk's Project 8
    Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD
    Fez
    The Simpson's Arcade

I can dream, right?
    When Kingdoms of Amalur went back compat, I started to believe anything was possible! haha
    Oh man, I have at least 100 non-bc games, but I get excited every time a new one pops up.
    Posted on 11 January 19 at 00:23, Edited on 11 January 19 at 00:30 by HolyHalfDead
    wolfsburgraz said:
    trevzuk0 said:
    It was a GWG in September 2015, if you picked it up back then.
    Thanks, I couldn't remember if it was this or Battlestations: Midway we received on GwG. I'll queue this up for download!
    My memory isn't great either. I use the TA Game Collection feature to track what I own and how I own it.

Go to Battlestations: Pacific Achievements, and from the Game drop down, select "Add to my Game Collection".

Then you can check out your entire Game Collection here (can search and filter) - wolfsburgraz's Game Collection
  • AlgurAlgur391,104
    Posted on 11 January 19 at 00:29
    Still waiting on Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant, and Star Ocean.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.