Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Battlestations: Pacific And More Now Backward Compatible

• The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,645,873
    Posted on 11 January 19 at 01:25
    Always nice to see games added to the program, but it's still amazing how many 360 games I have on disc that aren't BC.
  • guycarbguycarb425,984
    Posted on 11 January 19 at 01:44
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Nice. Now they just gotta put the DLC for Battlestations on sale wink
    THIS!
  • geordiedeviantgeordiedeviant1,690,436
    Posted on 11 January 19 at 01:59
    I'm still salty about this one...

Battlestations: PacificHero of MidwayThe Hero of Midway achievement in Battlestations: Pacific worth 22 pointsPlayed Battlestations Midway.

I mean it's been years since I discovered these shenanigans!!
  • dymagatedymagate955,905
    Posted on 11 January 19 at 02:08
    Between this announcement and watching the Rooster Teeth vid where Geoff and Burnie face each other in Utopia via Game Room on 360 I am filled with a simmering hatred for not knowing about unobtainables back in't day...
  • Dr MartyDr Marty1,010,160
    Posted on 11 January 19 at 03:35
    geordiedeviant said:
    I'm still salty about this one...

Battlestations: PacificHero of MidwayThe Hero of Midway achievement in Battlestations: Pacific worth 22 pointsPlayed Battlestations Midway.

I mean it's been years since I discovered these shenanigans!!
    Damn, you just ruined my day... I never saw that achievement because I was focused on the online component. Now I'm gonna have to complete yet another game... shock
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 January 19 at 11:34
    i would hope for all the need for speed 360 games going BC
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,047,530
    Posted on 11 January 19 at 18:49
    trevzuk0 said:
    Seitzz said:
    Battlestations Pacific looks tempting since it can be double boxed now with 360/one for the mp achievements. Probably would need to look for 2 physical copies since it seldom seems to go on sale in the store.
    It was a GWG in September 2015, if you picked it up back then.
    Thank you for this! Didn't even realize I already had it, makes it even more enticing/convenient now.
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz821,115
    Posted on 11 January 19 at 19:53
    HolyHalfDead said:
    My memory isn't great either. I use the TA Game Collection feature to track what I own and how I own it.

Go to Battlestations: Pacific Achievements, and from the Game drop down, select {#}Add to my Game Collection{#}.

Then you can check out your entire Game Collection here (can search and filter) - wolfsburgraz's Game Collection
    Thanks for the suggestion! I went through my X1 and X1BC games recently but never gave my physical and digital X360 collection the treatment. I should spend the time and do it.

There are a lot of games I would like to see come to back compat someday.

- Dynasty Warriors series
    - Need for Speed series (as mentioned by others)
    - Project Gotham 3 & 4 (would love a remaster of this entire series honestly)
    - Forza Motorsport 1
    - Jet Set Radio Future
    - Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
    - Formula 1 series (only 2012 done to my knowledge)
    - Crackdown 2 (hoping for this one around the launch of 3)
    - Test Drive Unlimited series
    - Two Worlds series
    - Asura's Wrath
    - Dragon's Dogma (I know there's a remaster but I hardly played this one and don't want to buy the up-res)

Most of these are long shots but we can dream!
  • The NotoThe Noto593,705
    Posted on 11 January 19 at 20:53
    1942 Joint Strike
    Aliens: Colonial Marines
    Alone in the Dark
    Alpha Protocol
    Amped 3
    Amy
    Anna - Extended Edition
    Arkadian Warriors
    Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
    Assault Heroes
    Asura's Wrath

That's just what I have under "A" which doesn't included peripheral based games (AC/DC) or Games with a variation on the One (Alien: Isolation). I don't see why any of them couldn't be made BC, with the exception of maybe Aliens which might be a licensing issue.
  • SeoulcrusherSeoulcrusher1,221,147
    Posted on 12 January 19 at 05:13
    The Noto said:
    1942 Joint Strike
    Aliens: Colonial Marines
    Alone in the Dark
    Alpha Protocol
    Amped 3
    Amy
    Anna - Extended Edition
    Arkadian Warriors
    Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
    Assault Heroes
    Asura's Wrath

That's just what I have under {#}A{#} which doesn't included peripheral based games (AC/DC) or Games with a variation on the One (Alien: Isolation). I don't see why any of them couldn't be made BC, with the exception of maybe Aliens which might be a licensing issue.
    Aliens shouldn’t have a licensing issue considering AVP just went BC. Alpha Protocol might be a problem because it was pulled from the Xbox marketplace. Just my opinion, of course.
  • PROGRESYWNYPROGRESYWNY944,651
    Posted on 12 January 19 at 07:09
    Waiting for Max Payne 3...
  • KnoellKnoell441,186
    Posted on 12 January 19 at 17:13
    I see a lot of love for battlestations. Don't you all find the controls make it basically unplayable or is it just me?
  • kd rio 007kd rio 007399,213 399,213 GamerScore
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 13:19
    Who the hell even wanted Rayman Raving Rabbids 😂😂😂 still waiting on Max Payne 3 and maybe the 007 games
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 July 20 at 11:25
    I’ve got battlestation specific. Never realised it was backwards compat that’s nice
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.