Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster and Final Fantasy XII Release Dates Announced

AuthorMessage
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 11 January 19 at 22:58, Edited on 11 January 19 at 23:58 by LV 1 Blue Slime
metallicafan459 said:
Cannot wait to get my hands on FFX again!!

The article suggests both games will be part of one package?
X and X-2 are on the same disc in the Playstation version, I assume it'll be the same on the One.

RadiantViper said:
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
I have the X/X-2 remaster on PS but never finished it, so maybe I'll finish it this time. It'll be fun to go back to X2 too. Opinions on XII seem pretty divided, but I really liked it. Looking forward to it as well.
I have that and FF12 on PS and never finished either, would be more motivated with achievements instead of trophies. I might give up on platinuming them and just play on Xbox instead!
Apparently I actually got all the trophies in X, though I don't remember it. Apparently it doesn't require a lot of the harder shit I did on the PS2 though (I know capturing everything takes forever, and using the clear spheres to remake the grid would have been a long grind too). Never touched X-2 though, so at least that will be new for me. I am dreading getting 100%, tried on the PS2 version and gave up because I missed something near the start. Oof. Hopefully there's better guides nowadays...
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
Algur
Algur
Posted on 11 January 19 at 23:40
TheGreatKoala said:
Quantium G said:
EddieM1974 said:
IronInfidel47 said:
Anyone familiar with the series know why we aren't getting FF8? I couldn't help but notice its absence (I know 11 is an MMO).
The reason is that Square lost the original code for this game. So Final Fantasy 8 will never be ported/remastered. If they want to publish it on ps4 and Xbox they'll have to start from scratch.
Couldn't they just use the Steam version of FF8 as a basis?
Yes, but that reveals they are making up their reasons for not doing it.

They aren't porting 8 because they don't want to, simple as that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixypayws0wk&t=552s

Here's a pretty good explanation of Final Fantasy 8 issue.
GtechApocalypse
Posted on 12 January 19 at 01:26
I’m so ready!
Gtech
Jet Klaatu
Jet Klaatu
Posted on 12 January 19 at 01:31
CAN'T WAIT!!! So glad Playstation hasn't got the market cornered any longer on Final Fantasy games.
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 12 January 19 at 01:56
These are all day one purchases.

X2 had by far the best way to implement ng+. Dress spheres were really cool, imo.

I never got to finish xii though. My ps3 bricked half way through the game.
Krispy Sheets
Krispy Sheets
Posted on 12 January 19 at 02:17
Oooh, XII is my second favorite FF game, definitely looking forward to replaying this.
Blue n Gold Eel
Posted on 12 January 19 at 02:18
KilldbyNecropsy said:
I’m so excited and I just can’t hide it....
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it laugh

On a serious note how could they not release the best FF game on Xbox is beyond me facepalm
What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
dropK1CK ninJA
Posted on 12 January 19 at 02:20
FFX was one of those games I thought would be my first time finishing a FF story but then I had to go to college and never finished it. I look forward to FFX.
Ask me about my rock collection.
Raptures Lost
Raptures Lost
Posted on 12 January 19 at 11:24
Can't wait! X is one of my favourite games of all time. Unlocking achievements in it has always been a dream.
TG Airborne 88
Posted on 12 January 19 at 12:58, Edited on 12 January 19 at 12:59 by TG Airborne 88
Not the titles I've been hoping for (FF7 and FF9), but still planning to take a week off from work, just for FFX
Darkroder92
104,810 104,810 GamerScore
Darkroder92
Posted on 12 January 19 at 13:06
Is Final Fantasy 7&9 Remakes or same graphics on Ps1 because i know Square Enix wil put them Overpriced
$True Gaming $
WithTheDawn
WithTheDawn
Posted on 12 January 19 at 13:59
Blue n Gold Eel said:
KilldbyNecropsy said:
I’m so excited and I just can’t hide it....
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it laugh

On a serious note how could they not release the best FF game on Xbox is beyond me facepalm
Don't worry, maybe VI will release later on :)
Wardieshire
Wardieshire
Posted on 12 January 19 at 16:28
Loved FFX back on the PS2 so I'm definitely gonna pick that up. Hopefully they release remastered of FFVII to FFIX at some point too.
Guirec730
Guirec730
Posted on 12 January 19 at 17:38
Nibirunnaki said:
Guirec730 said:
Price?
$50 each for the titles. I think we all have been waiting for this day to happen. Back in 2006, I wished FFXII to come out on Xbox. Waited 12 long years.
Hahahahahahaha hell no.

20 dollars max.
State of the badass art.
Algur
Algur
Posted on 12 January 19 at 17:48
Guirec730 said:
Nibirunnaki said:
Guirec730 said:
Price?
$50 each for the titles. I think we all have been waiting for this day to happen. Back in 2006, I wished FFXII to come out on Xbox. Waited 12 long years.
Hahahahahahaha hell no.

20 dollars max.
Nah man. These are some of the best games ever made. This represents one of the few occasions that I'll actually pay full price.
Algur
Algur
Posted on 12 January 19 at 17:49
Darkroder92 said:
Is Final Fantasy 7&9 Remakes or same graphics on Ps1 because i know Square Enix wil put them Overpriced
Graphics have been updated to some extent. You can look at some gameplay footage from the PS4 release to see the updates.
CatgirlFanatic
Posted on 12 January 19 at 18:40
XII is coming to Xbox? I bought it on PS4 lmao Gonna get it again.
A filthy degenerate obsessed with 2D.
Darkroder92
104,810 104,810 GamerScore
Darkroder92
Posted on 12 January 19 at 19:55
Algur said:
Darkroder92 said:
Graphics have been updated to some extent. You can look at some gameplay footage from the PS4 release to see the updates.
Ohh thats great i thought its same from ps1 because the graphics in Final Fantasy 7 was really bad thanks for the info
$True Gaming $
Throni360
Throni360
Posted on 12 January 19 at 20:09
I hope that X/X2 will cost $25 like on PSN. Sadly Zodiac Age is $50 there. Was hoping for another $25. I'll have to wait for some decent sales on these!
darkwing1232
darkwing1232
Posted on 12 January 19 at 21:04, Edited on 12 January 19 at 21:05 by darkwing1232
Id much rather have a kingdom hearts 1 and 2 compilation especially with 3 coming out soon. Ps4 is getting a brand new bundle that contains all the games despite already having multiple remasted collections already.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.