Game Discussion: Final Fantasy XIII Forum

Multi-Disk Backwards comparability Question

AuthorMessage
ReptarOnIce3000
Posted on 11 January 19 at 04:02, Edited on 11 January 19 at 04:03 by ReptarOnIce3000
So my question is, do you need to change disks when playing through the game on the Xbox One? I ask this because my disk three doesn't work unfortunately. Just curious!
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 11 January 19 at 04:57
ReptarOnIce3000 said:
So my question is, do you need to change disks when playing through the game on the Xbox One? I ask this because my disk three doesn't work unfortunately. Just curious!
No, it will download the full install (around 30GB) and then you just use disc one (or I imagine any FF13 disc) to play.

Most multi-disc games work this way on Xbox One BC, the only exceptions I know of are some games that have DLC content on the other disc (Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition, Star Wars Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition).
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 12 January 19 at 08:48
^I don't know about those particular games, but for Oblivion GOTY, you just put in the DLC disc, and it installs the game + DLC. From there, you just have to have the DLC disc in the tray to play. The vanilla game disc basically serves no purpose.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 12 January 19 at 09:04
zeldafanjtl said:
^I don't know about those particular games, but for Oblivion GOTY, you just put in the DLC disc, and it installs the game + DLC. From there, you just have to have the DLC disc in the tray to play. The vanilla game disc basically serves no purpose.
Nice, they must have put extra effort in for that one. With RDR GOTY you need to use the second disc to play multiplayer or Undead Nightmare, and with Force Unleashed you need the second disc for the DLC campaigns. Basically they act the same as they would on 360.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 12 January 19 at 20:02
Well for Oblivion, you never actually played the DLC disc on 360. You just put it in once to install the DLC, and then from there you only ever used the “game” disc.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.