Game Discussion: Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition Forum

Yuri's voice.

AuthorMessage
O4OUR
O4OUR
Posted on 11 January 19 at 08:29
Really not liking the 2 voices of Yuri. Default original voice lines are all Troy Baker.. and then all the new ones they added in are Grant George. VERY different voices. Anyone know why Troy didn't do it? Sam came back for Flynn though! :D
O4OUR
O4OUR
Posted on 11 January 19 at 08:55
https://twitter.com/troybakerva/status/1043084182405173248?l...

Nvm, he was never even asked to reprise.. wtf
BeamyZinger
BeamyZinger
Posted on 13 January 19 at 14:26
Yes it is quite awful. The 2nd VA for Lebanc is also quite bad.
TheBigBB
TheBigBB
Posted on 14 January 19 at 10:28, Edited on 14 January 19 at 10:31 by TheBigBB
Troy is one of the biggest VAs in the industry and has been working on VA and Mo-cap for Flagship Sony and Kojima titles (TLOU2 and Death Stranding), he also does all his business through his agency. Of course he might not have been personally contacted about work, but this game's budget was clearly going to be nowhere near enough to get interest from his agents. I'm sure he wanted to do it, but the reason you pay an agency is so that they can sell your brand and negotiate the best contract. He's way out of Bamco's league at this point. Also he may not have been available when they were doing the recording, but that also would have gone through his agency.
O4OUR
O4OUR
Posted on 18 January 19 at 00:11
Yeah true. I'm sure he had a word with them afterward, if his feelings were genuine. Remakes/Remasters should be held in a different light. Nothing positive came of this because they weren't. 3 people are being pointed at for various reasons. Original VA for not doing the voice, New VA for taking his place and Bamco for not doing justice to the fans.

I'm already over it so these fingers aren't being pointed by me anymore. I just hope they handle other games a bit better.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.