Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

NFL Blitz is Back

• Posted on 20 October 11 at 08:04
    sicsonic said:
    This article fails to mention it will cost 1200 microsoft points, and should be out in January 2012.
    I hadn't seen that confirmed. I'll look now and if it's official, I'll add it. Thanks for the heads-up.
  • WifelikeDripWifelikeDrip380,957
    Posted on 20 October 11 at 08:40
    The first Blitz was the best. They should put that on XBLA.....
    ihavebaldtires
  • Posted on 20 October 11 at 10:14
    Hopefully I can buy an online pass for this...
  • Zacry072Zacry0721,242,395
    Posted on 20 October 11 at 11:37
    :D
  • SkorpSkorp369,986
    Posted on 20 October 11 at 11:41
    Gam3r xUSAx said:
    I still want to see the NFL license on other games. Competition is good and Monopolies are bad.

With EA having the sole rights to make NFL licensed games, they decide on the quality as opposed to being pushed to put out something better.
    Yes, I totally agree.

This Blitz game looks fun though.
    Expect the unexpected.
  • NJDuke007NJDuke0071,004,654
    Posted on 20 October 11 at 11:59
    Gam3r xUSAx said:
    I still want to see the NFL license on other games. Competition is good and Monopolies are bad.

With EA having the sole rights to make NFL licensed games, they decide on the quality as opposed to being pushed to put out something better.
    I don't play sports games much but I concur. For those that know me it is no secret that I HATE EA....BUNCH OF ASSHOLES (except for TerrorFall).

Oh and on the topic, what crappy game and bad idea to bring it back if you ask me. I'd rather see a resurrection of Pig Skin 621 A.D. (hey I'm oldschool!) on XBLA.
    Forrest, mama was wrong...life's like a box of achievements...never know which one you're gonna get
  • Tanelorn82Tanelorn82452,596
    Posted on 20 October 11 at 12:26
    Well cool.

I liked NFL Blitz, and I also like Blitz The League. So I,m a winner here !
  • Posted on 20 October 11 at 12:35
    hopefully it's nothing at all like madden arcade... surely EA will find a way to ruin it
  • skibeast15skibeast15118,983
    Posted on 20 October 11 at 12:48
    Actually.... is this like madden arcade? it looks like it to me... I personally love Madden arcade. Its a good alternative game to the regular madden series. However, if NFL BLITZ is just like Arcade, I can't see me putting out the money for this...
  • Posted on 20 October 11 at 15:38
    Maybe...
  • Dark Rocky XDark Rocky X932,841
    Posted on 20 October 11 at 15:59
    Oh yeah!!!!!! Cant wait to play this again.clap
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 October 11 at 18:07
    This....????!!! Is not Blitz... this is more like that other NFL game Ea had... NFL Tour.... Blitz should be more like Prison yard football but more over the top.
  • Posted on 20 October 11 at 19:42
    Didnt like Blitz The League too much and its been so long since i played NFL Blitz id rather try other games
  • Posted on 20 October 11 at 20:27
    New Blitz? shock
    Thought it was long gone.

Thank the lucky stars.
    FIRST AND 30 30 30....
  • Ultra SevenUltra Seven501,978
    Posted on 20 October 11 at 21:55
    Oh noes. I will wait for Blitz 2 next year or Blitz 3 in 2013, or Blitz 4 in 2014

Something for EA to run into the ground. He says so in the interview. "something to expand upon in the coming years"... that's secret code for we will release this again next year!!

EA Blitz: On Fire Edition in 2012 I'm calling it now.

Wish I could play the original Midway port. Oh well... gotta find new ways to make money off old ideas or else it'd be straight up copying.
  • Posted on 20 October 11 at 23:46
    This will be a day one purchase for me. I've been a long time fan of the blitz series and I thought it was lost forever after midway's bankruptcy.clap
  • SamuelC4SamuelC465,423
    Posted on 21 October 11 at 00:50
    Loved playing Blitz on the N64, looking forward to this :D
  • Posted on 21 October 11 at 03:27
    I'd rather NFL Street but this will do
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 October 11 at 06:42
    old time fan of the series just like NBA JAM. An ez buy fo me!
    the cake is a lie! the cake is a lie! the cake is a lie!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 October 11 at 07:03
    blkalleykat said:
    I'd rather NFL Street but this will do
    I agree. I see them doing what they did with NBA Jam. They're going to release a barebones version first ignoring the additions the series made in the past only to add that stuff later. I wish they would make another NBA street while they're at it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.