Game Discussion: Red Dead Redemption 2 Forum

Show Stranger Missions Completed - Unavailable

AuthorMessage
Falcon12727
Falcon12727
Posted on 12 January 19 at 06:15
I've been researching this issue with no results. I'm in Chapter 2 trying to work through the side missions before progressing through the main story. I've completed some of the Stranger missions and I can view/replay from the log book immediately after completing them. But when I load the game the next day, the completed missions have been removed. There seems to be no way to show completed Stranger missions which makes tracking these missions frustrating. Is this a glitch or did Rockstar intend the player to not be able to view/replay side missions after reloading the game?
Assassin PlL
Assassin PlL
Posted on 12 January 19 at 16:22
It's not a glitch. Those just disappear from log book when you finish them.
Falcon12727
Falcon12727
Posted on 12 January 19 at 19:07
So does that mean there is no way to replay Stranger missions for Gold medals? Or at least view the Stranger missions you have completed?
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 13 January 19 at 09:29
Falcon12727 said:
So does that mean there is no way to replay Stranger missions for Gold medals? Or at least view the Stranger missions you have completed?
In my experience the (few) stranger missions that have medals associated with them can be found in the Progress > Story section. If they don't show there then as far as I know they have no medals to earn.
Posting from sunny Australia.
bblcreator8790
Posted on 14 January 19 at 12:49, Edited on 14 January 19 at 12:50 by bblcreator8790
Lockie is correct - the vast majority of Stranger missions do not have medals that you can earn. The log only tracks recently completed missions; it seems to purge the list of completed tasks if you reload a save or quit out of the game. There are a couple of Stranger missions that do actually count as optional main missions; those will appear in your mission replay list and you can get medals on them.

It would have been really nice if they had implemented a list of Stranger missions that you could check just to see if you completed them. I believe the first RDR had this.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.