Game Discussion: Heart Box (Win 10) Forum

This Game Needs More Ads

AuthorMessage
Twincats
Twincats
Posted on 12 January 19 at 19:41, Edited on 04 March 19 at 15:59 by Twincats
When I finished the first mode--"Put on charger!" mode--I overall enjoyed the game.

The other modes are challenging but I enjoy a challenge.

But the challenge presented in this game is not the gameplay itself, but rather a seemingly endless marathon of navigating the closure of ads just to play the game.

Want more time or armor? Watch an ad.

Need to restart? View an ad.

Need to restart because your restart was thwarted by an ad? View an ad.

I especially love these new picture ads that show up with no way of closing out. It's great how these ads deceive the player with a fake close button that still opens the ad. I have yet to find a way of closing them in-game, so I'm forced to Alt-F4, restart the game and watch another ad just to get my extra time or armor back.

I figure the developers more than likely had nothing to do with the creation of the ads, but surely they know what type of ads are showing up in their game.

You have a great puzzle game that is essentially ruined by a circus of persistent ads and you justify it by making it free.

Yes, I expected ads in a F2P P2W game, but it's complete overkill. Tone this down developers.

Note: This is my personal experience with the game. Others may be more fortunate.

TLDR: If you're considering 100%ing Heart Box, just know that currently the majority of your time will be viewing or watching ads. Also there is more content on the way, so that'll be fun.
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
DEDLY CUKE
DEDLY CUKE
Posted on 12 January 19 at 19:48
Yeah, they new can't-be-closed ads are just TERRIFIC! Ugh! I do enjoy the game though. I'd consider paying for no ads just to play seamlessly.
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 12 January 19 at 20:05
I think the game is easily worth the $1.99 to remove ads. Devs have to make money somehow. Ads or paying customers.
Game On.
Msross
Msross
Posted on 12 January 19 at 20:58
does blocking the ads from a network based blocker work?
Twincats
Twincats
Posted on 13 January 19 at 03:14
DEDLY CUKE said:
Yeah, they new can't-be-closed ads are just TERRIFIC! Ugh! I do enjoy the game though. I'd consider paying for no ads just to play seamlessly.
Those ads only seem to appear at a certain time of day for me. They are frustrating.

JumboWario said:
I think the game is easily worth the $1.99 to remove ads. Devs have to make money somehow. Ads or paying customers.
I agree, I'm just letting people that are going the free route know what to expect. Did you end up paying to remove the ads? If so, was that your reason because the ads become unbearable?

Msross said:
does blocking the ads from a network based blocker work?
I haven't tried. Did it a while ago for the Microsoft Casual Collection, but after a certain update the blocking ceased to work.
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
m6wg4bxw
m6wg4bxw
Posted on 04 February 19 at 02:56
I've had ads cover the back button on the bottom-left, preventing me from backing out. I've had ads load to block gameplay while a timer continues to run. Nothing major, and certainly tolerable for a free game, but it sure seems unprofessional.

Most of the ads on the left side look shady. And recently, I've noticed some adult-ish ads with pictures of sexy women, apparently promoting a wallpaper app or something. If they ever existed, they're gone from the store now.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.