Game Discussion: Gears of War: Judgment Forum

The discontinued achievement

AuthorMessage
SchizoPsycho74
Posted on 13 January 19 at 20:02
Just out of curiosity, why do people still play this game even though you can't 100% the game? I was thinking about starting it again, but since you can't get that achievement, what's the point?
I'm 99.9% sure that I need a beer.
Living Legends
Posted on 13 January 19 at 20:07
Because not all of us care about not getting every single achievement in a game.

Maybe people want to play gears because it is fun
Tropan
Tropan
Posted on 13 January 19 at 20:26
SchizoPsycho74 said:
Just out of curiosity, why do people still play this game even though you can't 100% the game? I was thinking about starting it again, but since you can't get that achievement, what's the point?
Same reason you don't have 100% completion stat, guessing you have games you wanted to play but not complete.
3 Aussies talking about gaming, gamerscore and news! http://realgamerscore.com/
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 13 January 19 at 20:41
If it's already on my card but I can't complete it, I would play it just to get as many achievements as I could so it impacts my completion percentage less.
Living Legends
Posted on 13 January 19 at 21:40
I have found the best games to have unobtainables or discontinued achievements.
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 14 January 19 at 15:08
Because it's still a Gears game and having played all of the others I wanted to experience it despite knowing it was the weakest of the series.

As much as not being able to complete it bothers me, I'm also realistic in that I don't have the free time to ever have 100% completion anyways(despite trying to complete games) so it really doesn't keep me up at night.
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 14 January 19 at 21:51
Because some people are happy knowing they'll never get the seriously achievement in every gears game. Therefore the game was never going to be 100% anyway.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 15 January 19 at 03:46
Living Legends said:
For example...?
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 15 January 19 at 16:59
Elyoh said:
Living Legends said:
For example...?
Hitman: Absolution
Saints Row: The Third
JohnnyBR1
JohnnyBR1
Posted on 29 March 19 at 13:20
Unhappily there are no good news, guys. Recently I asked in The Coalition twitter if they could fix the achievement Sybarite in Gears of War Judgment, and they answered me as follows: "While we would love to rectify this achievement, we cannot provide support for Legacy games including Gears of War Judgment. Legacy titles require an Xbox 360 testing environment that no longer exists at the studio and would take extensive time to set up, which would take away time from the development of Gears 5 and support of Gears 4."

I ask for you to send messages in the Forum and on twitter official developer to continue pressing the same.
Odin Wildfire
Posted on 12 April 19 at 22:19
I do believe it will get fixed, eventually... enough of us are passionate about it and besides, they fixed "photojournalist" from GoW2 last year (which I was extremely grateful for as I'm new to the series)....they didn't have to, but they did. Can't see them not fixing this at some point, however when that will be is anyone's guess? Maybe when/if there is a definitive end to the series they will take the time to do it then. But yeah I'm guessing this must not be as easy a fix as the photo cheevo, so I understand them not wanting to detract from their current project in order to fix Sybarite... sucks for us guys I know, I recently played through the game on a secondary account and unlike most I absolutely loved it, so it pains me not being able to tick it off the completed list :(
A Boss Monster
Posted on 26 April 19 at 03:50
Couldn't they just do what they did with Gears 3? giving everyone 29/30 events and then just play in a public match to get the achievement and onyx medal?
Shut your crap, York.
Living Legends
Posted on 26 April 19 at 06:05
A Boss Monster said:
Couldn't they just do what they did with Gears 3? giving everyone 29/30 events and then just play in a public match to get the achievement and onyx medal?
Nope, been explained many times why that option has not been available since the announcement of discontinuing support for judgement
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.