Game Discussion: Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden

Zone Master achievement glitched

• eohjayeohjay782,603
    Posted on 19 January 19 at 14:57, Edited on 19 January 19 at 15:15 by eohjayPermalink
    I just wanted to offer a word of warning to everyone as I had the Zone Master achievement fail to unlock for me. This is the achievement that should unlock when all other achievements are unlocked. If you check my tag I have unlocked everything but it, so there isn't really a way (that I'm aware of) to get it to pop.

I couldn't find any other references to this glitch, but when I checked the player list I see numerous other people at 35/36 with this achievement glitched. Roughly 8 people appear to have it glitched out of roughly 80 people who have finished the game, pretty close to 10%. Surprised no one else has moaned about it yet.

I can't say for certain what caused it, but I did everything in a single playthrough. Once I reached Eden I should have gotten all of the Eden related achievements for every difficulty, plus Zone Master. My only thought is that it was potentially too many achievements at once?

I'd be curious if others posted their experiences if they also had it glitch.

I made a post at the publishers forums, but don't know if it will do any good. https://forums.funcom.com/t/zone-master-achievement-glitched...
  • MatHeadGetzMatHeadGetz245,722
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 20:34Permalink
    Yep, my wife “SnoopyPup” is one of the 12 with the glitch issue.
  • Posted on 22 January 19 at 20:44Permalink
    Very sorry to hear some people are impacted, luckily I was not affected by the glitch.

When I completed the game I was expecting 3 specific achievements to pop: Iron Mutant, Iron Mutant Very Hard, and Iron VH No deaths. But only Zone Master and QA have suffered popped, when I checked my profile the others did unlock, but just no notifications.

It's unlikely that too many achievements popped at once, I remember completing Gears of War 1 and had about 5 pop at the end.

This game could use some patching. The Z-axis with Moth Wings and ambushing from second floors needs attention. Not a big deal when you can just reload your previous save but quite the nuisance on Iron Mutant.

Without those issues I would have nothing negative to say about this game as it was an absolute treat. I hope they make a sequel or release DLC.
  • MLGMakunMLGMakun853,525
  • eohjayeohjay782,603
    Posted on 23 January 19 at 00:13Permalink
    Thanks for the post, MLGMakun!

I reached out to them on Facebook and didn't get as favorable a response. They basically said that they would pass my report on to High Voltage who is handling the console release. Just seemed like passing the buck to me, but I hope your response is the true one!

Meanwhile, a friend of mine suggested that re-fulfilling the criteria for these achievements in game can cause these glitched meta-achievement to sometimes pop. It looks like only one of my achievements didn't track (I'm at 97%) whereas two of yours didn't. I'm thinking about trying to do a speedrun before the end of the month to see if I have any progress.
  • HealttiHealtti2,100,923
    Posted on 23 January 19 at 05:03Permalink
    Did you try to recover your save and beat the game again from the last checkpoint? Get any progress on the trackers?

@Andrinho, the guy who made the solution for QA, said he had to re-do the ending to get that achvt to pop, which supports the theory of "too many achievements at once".
    "We aren't planning on doing anything about it." - Bethesda Support North America
  • eohjayeohjay782,603
    Posted on 23 January 19 at 12:01Permalink
    Yes, I did try that. I was able to force close the game and delete my save after the achievement didn’t pop. Once I recovered it from the cloud I re-did all of the final battle and related achievements but nothing triggered it.
  • MatHeadGetzMatHeadGetz245,722
    Posted on 25 January 19 at 00:57Permalink
    eohjay said:
    Yes, I did try that. I was able to force close the game and delete my save after the achievement didn’t pop. Once I recovered it from the cloud I re-did all of the final battle and related achievements but nothing triggered it.
    Same here - wife tried the same trick - no pop either.
  • eohjayeohjay782,603
    Posted on 25 January 19 at 14:33Permalink
    Thanks for confirming that, MatHeadGetz.

Most people with it glitching are ending up at 94% or 97% it seems, which means 1 or 2 of the achievements that they unlocked didn't contribute progress towards the Zone Master tracker. It isn't necessarily true that these are the end-game achievements, it could be any of the achievements that you unlocked during your playthrough.

It is unknown if re-doing the criteria in game will contribute to the tracker despite the achievement already being unlocked. Someone would have to essentially re-unlock every achievement again to test it and it may not even work. That said, it is likely a different achievement or two for each person causing the problem.
  • eohjayeohjay782,603
    Posted on 26 January 19 at 21:09Permalink
    So I went through and re-completed the vast majority of achievements on a different save file and didn't have any luck.

I had originally started the game on Normal and played up until getting Hammon. Then I determined it would be easy enough to just wing the Very Hard Ironman playthrough and stopped playing on normal. I just went back to that save and finished all of the achievements again - with the exception of the kill X enemies ones.

Couple that with my aforementioned reloading of the Very Hard Ironman save and it pretty much knocks that theory out as a method of unlocking it.

Only other suggestion would be deleting the save file entirely and starting from scratch, but that doesn't sound like much fun.
  • ChuiChui384,619
    Posted on 07 February 19 at 07:45Permalink
    Well count me among those glitched, quite unfortunate. Hopefully (but doubtful) that eventually it'll get fixed.
  • Tankk OGTankk OG510,130 510,130 GamerScore
    Posted on 11 February 19 at 02:43Permalink
    Yep same here just went through the game twice, still stuck at 91% with 35/36 and 1k. I had the QA Suffered unlocked, but didn't pop so i think that has something to do with it idk what else to do really.
  • eohjayeohjay782,603
    Posted on 11 February 19 at 14:08, Edited on 11 February 19 at 17:10 by eohjayPermalink
    There was a post about a new upcoming mode and patch coming the end of February on the Funcom forums. It's called Stalker Trials. That timeframe references a PC release, I think, but consoles are supposed to get it afterwards.

Patch claims to fix numerous reported issues - doesn't specify any though.

https://forums.funcom.com/t/stalker-trials-open-beta/53714

edit: I reached out on the Twitter and they mentioned that this may not be fixed with the release of Stalker Trials.

As a stubborn completionist - this puts me in a hard spot. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, but this is now my single glaring unobtainable achievement on my entire gamertag. If I can't finish the game in any event, I'd be hard pressed to want to spend money on additional content when the base content isn't working as intended.
  • spacedvest2spacedvest2699,491
    Posted on 20 May 19 at 00:28, Edited on 20 May 19 at 00:32 by spacedvest2Permalink
    Just a theory, but for people that successfully unlocked the achievement, I wonder if they collected all the notes? There is not an achievement for that specifically, but I wonder if that is the problem?

Or maybe has this been fixed when they patched the issue with mind controlling someone not unlocking QA Tester?
  • FreakrisFreakris794,918
    Posted on 20 May 19 at 01:55Permalink
    No, that's not the problem. I collected all the notes. I still didn't get it. And I played recently, like may 18. And it doesn't seems like it was the theory that it was too many achievement unlocked at the same time either, for me at least. For I did go for the taunt a friendly while under mind control achievement last, so that should have been only that one and Zone Master achievement. Only Unfriended unlocked. It really sucks, but what can you do. Just hope they fix it down the line.
  • fireizfireiz434,727
    Posted on 20 May 19 at 06:46Permalink
    Freakris said:
    No, that's not the problem. I collected all the notes. I still didn't get it. And I played recently, like may 18. And it doesn't seems like it was the theory that it was too many achievement unlocked at the same time either, for me at least. For I did go for the taunt a friendly while under mind control achievement last, so that should have been only that one and Zone Master achievement. Only Unfriended unlocked. It really sucks, but what can you do. Just hope they fix it down the line.
    oh man!! i hope it wont glitch one me, i am due to complete the game today or tomorrow at max...please God no, not another darksiders!
    Have no fear, Amjad is here
  • fireizfireiz434,727
    Posted on 20 May 19 at 08:51Permalink
    after looking at "the zone master" percentage i am having a huge doubt it will glitch on me, it says 88% and i still need 2 achievements, which is like i am missing a 6%! which means 2 achievements didn't register...holy moly!!
  • FreakrisFreakris794,918
    Posted on 20 May 19 at 10:27Permalink
    Yeah, that really sucks. The problem is that I don't know which achievement didn't register, and I really don't want to go through everything again just to maybe have a chance to unlock it. Mine says 97%, so it has to be only one achievement. But for you it seems like it's two achievements, yes.

My best advice for players starting this game is to always check the Zone Master percentage for each achievement you unlock. That way you know which one glitched on you, so you can redo it instantly.
  • fireizfireiz434,727
    Posted on 20 May 19 at 10:50Permalink
    i really hate these kinda of achievement, unlock all achievements! a new BFA a new darksdiers added to my list :(
  • eohjayeohjay782,603
    Posted on 20 May 19 at 10:55Permalink
    Freakris said:
    Yeah, that really sucks. The problem is that I don't know which achievement didn't register, and I really don't want to go through everything again just to maybe have a chance to unlock it. Mine says 97%, so it has to be only one achievement. But for you it seems like it's two achievements, yes.

My best advice for players starting this game is to always check the Zone Master percentage for each achievement you unlock. That way you know which one glitched on you, so you can redo it instantly.
    It is also stuck at 97% on mine and then I went through and attempted to re-unlock everything on another save (same console) and it did not work. Complete waste of time. It’s possible that I missed something, I guess, but I feel I was pretty thorough.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.