Game Discussion: Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden

Zone Master achievement glitched

  • FreakrisFreakris794,998
    Posted on 20 May 19 at 11:10Permalink
    Oh, ok. Then you saved me the trouble. Thanks.

    I hope the devs fixes it in a patch. It's basically our only hope.
  • fireizfireiz434,094
    Posted on 20 May 19 at 21:44Permalink
    As I have feared, after getting my last two achievements, the tracker for the zone master went up 94% and stuck there! No achievement unlocked! Screw this
    I wannabe write to the devs but I believe this issue is from xbox, what u think guys?
    Have no fear, Amjad is here
  • eohjayeohjay786,822
    Posted on 20 May 19 at 22:17Permalink
    It's not from Xbox - it's the fault of the game. The same issue persists across Xbox, PS4 and Steam.

    I've posted to them on Twitter, Facebook and their support forums on and off. Sometimes I get a response, sometimes I don't. It's supposedly going to get fixed sometime in the future, but they never guaranteed it or given a timeframe - just attempted at reassuring answers.

    Please reach out - the more people that bring it up to them the better in my opinion.
  • spacedvest2spacedvest2700,290
    Posted on 21 May 19 at 03:56, Edited on 21 May 19 at 03:57 by spacedvest2Permalink
    Well that all sucks. If it is not the notes, I don't know what the hell it could be. Just spent awhile trying to analyze the winners of the achievement to see if there was a pattern, like for example if they always did two playthroughs in a certain order, but I can't see any consistent patterns.
  • fireizfireiz434,094
    Posted on 21 May 19 at 06:02Permalink
    i did that as well, i checked the 100% list and couldn't see a pattern to where i might have screw things up, but i think the ones that glitched on me are all of iron mutant difficulty, cause i played the game from the get-go in 1 play through aiming for all achievements except the miscs ones.
    the one for just reaching Eden and finishing the game on iron mutant any diff didn't pop but were unlocked once i checked..so maybe are those? my mistake is i wasn't checking the tracker for "the zone master" to see if was moving in rythem with the achievements until i saw this forum! which was too late :'(
    i don't wanna play a new game! but according to "eohjay" it didn't work for him re-doing all of the achievements
    Have no fear, Amjad is here
  • Posted on 29 May 19 at 04:47Permalink
    Started this game knowing this achievement was glitched, so I followed it throughout. I finished the game on hard getting 29 of the achievements and the tracker showed 82%, which is correct. I started my very hard iron mutant run, and the first miscelaneous achievement I went for was finishing a combat using only abilities, the achievement popped but the tracker didn't move. Idk why, I guess I'm just screwed lol.
    I would be Unstoppable, if not for Law Enforcement and Physics
  • fireizfireiz434,094
    Posted on 29 May 19 at 16:21Permalink
    I am sorry for u my friend, join the club, but i hope things will sort it self out out for u in the time u go after the remaining achievements, keep me updated please and good luck
    Have no fear, Amjad is here
  • CalrethiCalrethi83,536
    Posted on 31 May 19 at 19:53Permalink
    UnstoppableKD said:
    Started this game knowing this achievement was glitched, so I followed it throughout. I finished the game on hard getting 29 of the achievements and the tracker showed 82%, which is correct. I started my very hard iron mutant run, and the first miscelaneous achievement I went for was finishing a combat using only abilities, the achievement popped but the tracker didn't move. Idk why, I guess I'm just screwed lol.
    I have had basically the same experience- completely fine on both runs until I went for the eating a unit that medibot was reviving- achievement popped but no movement on Zone Master.
    This is annoying
  • uhKillswitchuhKillswitch628,082
    Posted on 01 June 19 at 11:10, Edited on 01 June 19 at 11:52 by uhKillswitchPermalink
    I unlocked Zone Master today and wanted to give an update on how I did it:
    First I finished Iron Mutant on very hard going for some other achievements along the way. I used save scumming a lot during this mode.
    Afterwards I started a normal game doing everything I missed before.
    Starting with the Puppeteer my achievements wouldn't pop anymore, neither on my Xbox nor on the Xbox app on my phone. It took around 6-8 hours for them to update, first on the app and several hours later they would simply appear unlocked on my Xbox without any notification.
    I guess this won't help anyone but shows the random nature of achievement problems in this game.
    Good luck to anyone trying to get Zone Master.
  • Posted on 02 June 19 at 05:45Permalink
    So I ended up with a happy ending. I popped the Bormin smash achievement next, and the tracker went from 82 to 88 percent, which fixed it. I then got the pyro fire one, no problems. When I entered Eden, I unlocked the last 4 achievements, including Zone Master. Only Zone Master and Still too Easy actually popped on screen, but all 4 unlocked. Lucky Me!

    I wish I knew why the tracker fixed itself to help others, but it was just as much of a surprise to me.
    I would be Unstoppable, if not for Law Enforcement and Physics
  • fireizfireiz434,094
    Posted on 02 June 19 at 06:11Permalink
    UnstoppableKD said:
    So I ended up with a happy ending. I popped the Bormin smash achievement next, and the tracker went from 82 to 88 percent, which fixed it. I then got the pyro fire one, no problems. When I entered Eden, I unlocked the last 4 achievements, including Zone Master. Only Zone Master and Still too Easy actually popped on screen, but all 4 unlocked. Lucky Me!

    I wish I knew why the tracker fixed itself to help others, but it was just as much of a surprise to me.
    congratulations man..i was hoping to also my tracker fix it self when i unlocked my 2nd to last achievement, but alas it didnt :(
    anyway i am happy for u, just keep praying for a solution for us :D dont forget us
    Have no fear, Amjad is here
  • Posted on 02 June 19 at 16:22, Edited on 02 June 19 at 16:39 by deathproof4289Permalink
    This is not for zone master but I finished the game today for QA have suffered. I beat the boss and ran to the end and hit the monitor, credits rolled and all which I skipped but no achievements. I should have got 3.

    I deleted my save and reloaded and fought the boss again ran to the end and nothing again. Can anyone tell me if skipping the credits is the problem. I don't want to hang around long and risk it uploading my save to the cloud. Also should the achievement pop as soon as I enter eded, after the boss is killed or during cress. Thanks

    Edit. Just did butterfingers and that didn't pop for me either fml
    deathproof4289
  • fireizfireiz434,094
    Posted on 02 June 19 at 18:12Permalink
    sorry if my questions sounds stupid, but have u checked if u have the iron mutant on? cause if it was on, u can't reload the fight before the boss, it will through u directly at the last door before the last monitor
    Have no fear, Amjad is here
  • FreakrisFreakris794,998
    Posted on 03 June 19 at 15:53Permalink
    He probably just deleted his save locally and resynced from the cloud to fight the boss again. Save updates to the cloud around every 25-30 minutes. I'd guess 30 minutes, since it's a round number. Or you can quit the game to the dashboard to force it to sync your save to the cloud. That way you have at least 20+ minutes to test stuff incase you mess up, or something. I use that trick on some games.
  • Posted on 04 June 19 at 08:45Permalink
    yes it wason iron mutant and yes i deleted my save. just to update all my achievements popped randomly the next day but unfortunately im in the same boat as the few of you here on 94% completion.

    seeing as they acknowledged this was an issue back in february and said they were looking into it and its now june and it hasnt been fixed im not holding out much hope for it.
    deathproof4289
  • CalrethiCalrethi83,536
    Posted on 07 June 19 at 17:02Permalink
    deathproof4289 said:
    yes it wason iron mutant and yes i deleted my save. just to update all my achievements popped randomly the next day but unfortunately im in the same boat as the few of you here on 94% completion.

    seeing as they acknowledged this was an issue back in february and said they were looking into it and its now june and it hasnt been fixed im not holding out much hope for it.
    If it helps mine didn't pop at the time, but some time the next day it was just unlocked 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • FreakrisFreakris794,998
    Posted on 11 June 19 at 17:44Permalink
    I tried the PC build and was hoping that would trigger the achievement, but it didn't. I tried to load the save game from my Xbox on the PC, but it would not work. It did load the last save when I clicked on Continue from the main menu, but it was all glitched out and stuff. My characters where level 0 in Lux's Zone. So then I tried to start a new game and get to the Ark to hopefully trigger the Zone Master achievement by triggering getting to the Ark for the first time again, but nah. Too bad. Maybe it works for people who haven't played the game yet, or are missing just 2 achievements or something.
  • fireizfireiz434,094
    Posted on 11 June 19 at 18:42Permalink
    Tough luck..guess our only hope for a fix
    Have no fear, Amjad is here
  • eohjayeohjay786,822
    Posted on 17 June 19 at 19:19Permalink
    Freakris said:
    I tried the PC build and was hoping that would trigger the achievement, but it didn't. I tried to load the save game from my Xbox on the PC, but it would not work. It did load the last save when I clicked on Continue from the main menu, but it was all glitched out and stuff. My characters where level 0 in Lux's Zone. So then I tried to start a new game and get to the Ark to hopefully trigger the Zone Master achievement by triggering getting to the Ark for the first time again, but nah. Too bad. Maybe it works for people who haven't played the game yet, or are missing just 2 achievements or something.
    I guess the PC build that is available through Gamepass is not the same build that is available on console so the saves don't transfer as they are meant to. The console version is older. I'm wondering why it was never bothered to be brought up to the same build as the PC version. This is supposed to be resolved in a future update.

    But, they said the same thing about the Zone Master (and other errors) over 6 months ago. So, we'll see.

    I'm not even going to try and open it on PC until then as I'd hate to lose any progress.

    From their forums -

    "Hey guys!
    Currently, saves from Windows Store don’t work on Xbox (they don’t show up), and saves from the Xbox to the Windows Store are a little messed up. It’s because there’s a difference in the PC and Xbox versions (Xbox is older).
    This will be fixed in a future patch, but unfortunately I can’t give you a firm ETA and we apologize for the frustrations this issue has caused."
  • FreakrisFreakris794,998
    Posted on 17 June 19 at 22:29, Edited on 17 June 19 at 22:35 by FreakrisPermalink
    Hmm, okay. Good to know. But my Xbox saves did show up on the PC build. But they were just messed up. I'm waiting for a patch on the Xbox version, so I can hopefully just load a save there and pop the achievement.

    EDIT: Nevermind, I read it as the other way around.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.