Game Discussion: Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden

Zone Master achievement glitched

• CalrethiCalrethi83,536
    Posted on 21 June 19 at 07:16Permalink
    My current hope is that when they drop the dlc those achievements will count towards Zone Master as well and help those of us get it- bit like Darksiders 3 seems to do
  • eohjayeohjay786,822
    Posted on 24 June 19 at 12:53Permalink
    They pushed a patch to the PC version 2 days ago, apparently. Still no update to the console version. No idea what it was for, probably the impending DLC release and nothing to do with bug fixes.

But, it apparently is causing all of the PC players to lose their saves. What a fucking mess this dev is in terms of QA

https://forums.funcom.com/t/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-just-lost-...

I loved the game, gave it 5/5, but holy shit has the bugs and bug fixing been a disaster. My opinion on the devs throughout this whole experience has gone from "soak up any future releases by them like some kind of video-game vampire" to "avoid it like the plague".
  • eohjayeohjay786,822
    Posted on 30 July 19 at 15:05Permalink
    Seeds of Evil DLC is supposed to release today with new achievements. Surprise, surprise - there is an issue accessing the DLC on Xbox.

https://twitter.com/MYZRoadToEden/status/1156195297493737474

Achievements haven't shown on TA yet, either.

I'm wondering if anyone picked it up and if it had any effect on their glitched achievements?
  • eohjayeohjay786,822
    Posted on 30 July 19 at 22:53Permalink
    DLC achievements are live and an update was delivered for the vanilla game.

I boot up my updated game and the achievement didn't auto pop. No idea if popping a DLC achievement will trigger it.
  • Tankk OGTankk OG510,230 510,230 GamerScore
    Posted on 31 July 19 at 23:32Permalink
    Ya I updated the game and re-played the last level and still no achievement. Don't think this is going to be fixed..
  • fireizfireiz434,094
    Posted on 01 August 19 at 04:51Permalink
    i am really sad for i was expecting a fix with the DLC launch :(
    Have no fear, Amjad is here
  • eohjayeohjay786,822
    Posted on 02 August 19 at 16:57, Edited on 02 August 19 at 16:57 by eohjayPermalink
    I reached out to The Bearded Ladies Facebook page about this issue today. I originally reached out 3 or 4 months ago and they passed me along to Funcom and High Voltage. Both Funcom and High Voltage have essentially ignored bug reports so I sent another message.

Here is there response. I won't take it as a guarantee, but who knows! Maybe it will eventually happen.

The Bearded Ladies Facebook said:
    Hi eohjay, High Voltage have been asked to fix the Zone Master achievement, a fix is incoming, as to when I do not know. Again, very sorry you are having these problems, yes that is correct that we only make the base game (PC) all console porting is done by high voltage via Funcom, they are definitely talking through user issues and working on fixes ASAP. Thanks, Mark
  • fireizfireiz434,094
    Posted on 04 August 19 at 04:57Permalink
    eohjay said:
    I reached out to The Bearded Ladies Facebook page about this issue today. I originally reached out 3 or 4 months ago and they passed me along to Funcom and High Voltage. Both Funcom and High Voltage have essentially ignored bug reports so I sent another message.

Here is there response. I won't take it as a guarantee, but who knows! Maybe it will eventually happen.

The Bearded Ladies Facebook said:
    Hi eohjay, High Voltage have been asked to fix the Zone Master achievement, a fix is incoming, as to when I do not know. Again, very sorry you are having these problems, yes that is correct that we only make the base game (PC) all console porting is done by high voltage via Funcom, they are definitely talking through user issues and working on fixes ASAP. Thanks, Mark
    lets hope so...i just tweeted them on their tweet regarding the DLC not working to some xbox players.
  • igor5618igor56181,309,254
    Posted on 07 August 19 at 10:00Permalink
    Yay, DLC fixed bugged 'Zone Master'!
    Resistance is Futile =/\=.
  • eohjayeohjay786,822
    Posted on 07 August 19 at 12:01Permalink
    igor5618 said:
    Yay, DLC fixed bugged 'Zone Master'!
    He posted a solution of how he got it to unlock.

I'm going to stop short of calling it a fix - this is a workaround at best and I sincerely hope that it works for everyone. I'll give it a shot to verify it. Thank you for posting about it! The developers acknowledged that they're still "working" on a fix - they likely aren't even aware that this workaround potentially exists.

For anyone reading - he basically started the DLC and it caused some enemies in the main campaign maps to respawn, such as Lux. Lux has an achievement for killing him, which we all previously unlocked. The ability to "re-kill" him must have triggered a percentage increase for him and he unlocked the Zone Master achievement.

Why killing Lux in additional play throughs didn't work for any of us previously, I don't know. Maybe it's back down to a different achievement failing to increase the percentage for each of us and he got lucky with the Lux one?

I'll report back once I give it a go!
  • eohjayeohjay786,822
    Posted on 07 August 19 at 20:32Permalink
    So, I got home from work and noticed another update to Mutant Year Zero.

I boot it up and Zone Master popped at the title screen! Didn't have to do anything, have yet to buy the DLC. It appears to be fixed!

All this bitching and moaning on social media seems to have paid off! toastlaugh
  • FreakrisFreakris794,998
    Posted on 08 August 19 at 02:41Permalink
    Yeah, same here. Updated the game and booted it up, achievement popped on the main menu.
    It's finally fixed.
  • fireizfireiz434,094
    Posted on 08 August 19 at 08:33Permalink
    I am crying of joy :D
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.