Game Discussion: Grand Theft Auto IV

Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic and Wanted (2019)

• Posted on 20 January 19 at 04:33
    I just wanted to share what I've figured out trying to get these two achievements in the last month or so. I know there are a couple of other threads, but I'd rather get all the information out in one place. I've definitely been extremely frustrated wondering if I was actually wasting dozens of hours trying to get these. There's clearly two issues:

1. Deathmatch/race/team results sometimes not showing up on the leaderboard
    2. Money/rank sometimes not saving after exiting the game

From what I've read, these both appear to be related to an issue with Microsoft's TrueSkill ranking system that is used by GTAIV (and a number of other games). A number of those games are also being affected regarding saving online progress. This has been identified by other members of this community since September 2018 (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_gapp/lead...).

I thought it would be helpful to point out some facts and tips that allowed me to still get both of these achievements, even with this issue:

1. Deathmatch/race/team results are not directly related to the money/rank system
    2. Deathmatch/race/team results will only save to the leaderboard for matches that are five minutes or less.
    3. Money/rank will only save for matches that are five minutes or less

After getting these two achievements, I spent about an hour with different times seeing which would save and which wouldn't. Six minute match - no go. Four minute match - ok! In fact, five minutes was the exact cutoff.

What the first point means, is that if you are going for Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic, you can't rely on your money total to determine how many events you've completed. This might have been true at one time, but the two are not related anymore. More importantly though, actually winning a deathmatch/race/team event is stored somewhere else (probably your own account with nothing to do with Rockstar or Microsoft to be honest).

The second point means, all of those races (such as many of the Cannonball races) that are over five minutes will not show up on the leaderboard. From the first point, this does not mean that you haven't successfully won them. You just can't rely on the leaderboards either to determine which events you've completed. The only way to do this is to keep track of everything on your own. Pen and paper.

When Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic popped for me, about 1/3 of all my events weren't on the leaderboard and probably the same in money/rank were not saved. I was positive that I was going to have to redo so many races. But by writing everything down, it popped exactly when it was supposed to.

The last point is the most self-explanatory. If you finish a match (like Hangman's NOOSE) in five minutes or less, the money/rank will save. If you boost for an hour, it will not. The important thing is that it won't save, not that you'll immediately lose it or anything. That is, if you leave the game and come back, it will be whatever it was before. You simply have to stay in multiplayer until you get this.
  • Posted on 20 January 19 at 04:51
    I did the Happiness Island method to get Wanted. $130K/hour (40 hours). Leaving your Xbox on for a week? Yeah, that's pretty much it at this point.

If you have a third console in there you can do Happiness Island at $200K/hour (25 hours). Or the Bomb da Base II glitch at $500K/hour (10 hours). I reason I like Happiness Island though is for like 98% of the time you can go do anything else.

GTAIV seems very stable after I figured a couple of things out. I had a couple crashes early on, but after changing two things it was smooth sailing.

1. If you're using a turbo controller, turn it off when you're done for the day (or take off the rubber band if you're doing that method)
    2. Don't end your session at the scoreboard screen (with the level behind it), exit to the multiplayer lobby (black screen)

With the first crash, I went to bed after setting up a last one hour session. This made sense to get an extra hour, but after it ended, my controller was basically pressing LT for the next six hours straight. I don't know if this caused an issue or...

...when you finish the level after an hour, the scoreboard is laid out overtop a shot of the level you were just playing. Basically, the system is still rendering this scene. I don't know if leaving the game to render this same scene for six hours straight was the issue. I'm personally leaning to the first.

Either way, after changing both of these, I had five days without a hiccup.
  • Posted on 20 January 19 at 04:55
    Either way, I have Auf and Wanted now. The leaderboard will tell you I only have done 65% of the races and I am level 3 with $77000.

Hope this helps someone else!
  • EmagDrolBotEmagDrolBot363,339
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 16:50, Edited on 22 January 19 at 16:52 by EmagDrolBot
    About to double box this. While I am not thrilled at the prospect of having my console running permanently until it's done, I guess that's what it has to be.

Thanks for all your info!
  • Dan B 697Dan B 697757,320
    Posted on 23 January 19 at 03:55
    Anyone who’s still interested or has any tips, I’m about to start wanted soon. I’m currently only level 4 😐
    Thank you! Dan B 697
  • NorseSamuraiNorseSamurai386,808
    Posted on 07 March 19 at 16:03
    I and another individual on my friends list are trying to both boost and obtain all GTA IV multiplayer achievements we are online at pretty much all times so don't hesitate to message me on Xbox. My gamertag is BeastedBehemoth, just shoot me a message and we can grab all of these achievements for GTA IV multiplayer, see ya guys. GT: BeastedBehemoth
  • Posted on 22 March 19 at 01:39
    For sure
  • donqondonqon89,951
    Posted on 07 September 21 at 04:40
    My problem is that when I complete the Car Jack City game mode (and Team Car Jack City) it does not give me the update on the leaderboards. These games also happen to have a minimum of 10 minutes to complete. Are you implying that if I continue with these modes and races, I should get the AWP achievement?
  • EverStoned77EverStoned77839,376
    Posted on 10 September 21 at 18:37
    donqon said:
    My problem is that when I complete the Car Jack City game mode (and Team Car Jack City) it does not give me the update on the leaderboards. These games also happen to have a minimum of 10 minutes to complete. Are you implying that if I continue with these modes and races, I should get the AWP achievement?
    Quote from the the forum post above:
    When Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic popped for me, about 1/3 of all my events weren't on the leaderboard and probably the same in money/rank were not saved. I was positive that I was going to have to redo so many races. But by writing everything down, it popped exactly when it was supposed to.

So yes you will get AWP even though the leaderboards aren't showing your times which is why it's a good idea to keep your own list of everything to complete so you are sure that you have not missed one, would be annoying to have to do it all again because you aren't sure what you missed.
    Here's a spreadsheet with everything you need to win in order to get the achievement, Cops & crooks have to be won as both cops & crooks but it doesn't matter if it's "one for all" or "all for one" just make sure to do both on the same setting meaning that if you pick "one for all" make sure both wins are set to that.
    Good luck wave
    "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open" -- Frank Zappa
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 October 21 at 22:05
    Unfortunately it appears this no longer works. Tried doing races after each one and still lost all progress. Unfortunately wont be able to get this for a while. Still need 2 mill and I cant leave both boxes on for days right now
  • aerowings62aerowings62218,640
    Posted on 25 March 22 at 07:37
    hmm...
  • Posted on 25 March 22 at 13:34, Edited on 25 March 22 at 13:54 by ZestfulMarrow48
    I had no issues when I got the achievement back on January 06, 2022. It took me 2-3 days and I used this spreadsheet from DuckyHanson2994's guide: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiVsiyoWEiQFdG5....
    Remember to play both versions of the races and be careful not to skip any of them.
    Also: even though I was keeping track of every completed activity myself, when we finished the last race I got the achievement, but my partner didn't. I somehow skipped one of his wins of the boat races so he had to look for the one he was missing because he wasn't tracking it. So, I recommend both of you keep track of every single win of yours and also write down if something weird happens in a mission (like getting disconnected from multiplayer right after finishing it), just in case you don't unlock the achievement. This way you can go back directly to that mission instead of having to do them all over again.
    BTW I don't think it matters if your partner completes the race at all, but I recommend doing so to avoid wasting time.
  • The CherishedThe Cherished2,426,433
    Posted on 21 May 22 at 04:15
    You partner/boosting account does not need to finish the race. I never touched my second controller and got the achievement just fine.
  • aerowings62aerowings62218,640
    Posted on 04 November 23 at 01:30
    hm
  • mitkohalo3mitkohalo3279,471
    Posted on 27 November 23 at 16:16
    I have a problem with archivmant I I win all MP modes but archivment don't unlock.I tired to complete racers too many times
    Yes same here
  • IAmSAMU3LxIAmSAMU3Lx467,416
    Posted on 28 December 23 at 16:26
    EmagDrolBot said:
    About to double box this. While I am not thrilled at the prospect of having my console running permanently until it's done, I guess that's what it has to be.

Sorry to quote you 4 years later but did you have to leave both consoles running? Or just your main console that you were levelling up on?
  • EmagDrolBotEmagDrolBot363,339
    Posted on 28 December 23 at 23:07
    IAmSAMU3Lx said:
    EmagDrolBot said:

Sorry to quote you 4 years later but did you have to leave both consoles running? Or just your main console that you were levelling up on?
    I never got to doing it lol
  • MarkusW86MarkusW86499,973
    Posted on 18 January 24 at 22:26
    Looking to do wanted with anyone I'm level 4 looking for around same to boost 👍
  • aliasBushidoaliasBushido172,570
    Posted on 19 January 24 at 22:29
    MarkusW86 said:
    Looking to do wanted with anyone I'm level 4 looking for around same to boost 👍
    join the group chat on xbox, i sent ya an invite
    fml
  • aliasBushidoaliasBushido172,570
    Posted on 07 February 24 at 21:10
    this is so fucking unfair i've helped more than five people with awp and they ALL unlocked it. what the actual hell do i do anymore. it's the last achievement i need to 100% the first gta game i ever played yet i can't even do that thanks to some bullshit reason.
    fml
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads