Game Discussion: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Forum

Heads up boosting achievements will become tougher

AuthorMessage
Moda
Moda
Posted on 20 January 19 at 21:51
Just a heads up for anyone wanting to boost certain achievements by matching with others easily through server selection. Tuesday January 22nd 2019 they will be automatically picking your region based on location and disabling the option to change servers.
havocofsmeg
havocofsmeg
Posted on 21 January 19 at 14:35
Shouldn't be too much of a problem for American boosters as that's where most of the people boosting right now come from.

For everyone else it only draws it out. Fortunately I'm pretty much near completing PUBG, so at worst this might add 2-3 boost sessions for me.
Valar Morghulis
Moat Carp
Moat Carp
Posted on 23 January 19 at 02:14
Shoot things and don't die. Do that and you should be all right.
Petrolium Bear
Posted on 24 January 19 at 20:34
Moda said:
Just a heads up for anyone wanting to boost certain achievements by matching with others easily through server selection. Tuesday January 22nd 2019 they will be automatically picking your region based on location and disabling the option to change servers.
So when they say region. Does this mean the region that you have the xbox set to in Language and Locale setting or is it based of your IP? If its the former then I wonder if it is still possible to match make with one another if everyone sets the same Location.
Mr Bear if you dare
Infamous
Infamous
Posted on 24 January 19 at 20:48
Petrolium Bear said:
Moda said:
So when they say region. Does this mean the region that you have the xbox set to in Language and Locale setting or is it based of your IP? If its the former then I wonder if it is still possible to match make with one another if everyone sets the same Location.
If there's not enough people in matchmaking it will automatically switch to a different region, I'm in the EU server but late at night I often get put on NA servers. So I'm guessing even if you have the Oceanic server as your default you'll still only get put on NA servers.
Living Legends
Posted on 24 January 19 at 22:41
I am lucky to have done this in three weeks before all the uPdates that screwed oceanic servers, raising the mimimum player count for custom matches and now removing region option.

Most boosters were from the US so that doesnt affect much
Moda
Moda
Posted on 25 January 19 at 19:41
Moat Carp said:
Shoot things and don't die. Do that and you should be all right.
sure but this game is still a buggy mess. And a few of the achievements are really tough to get by just playing normally
iguanadude626
iguanadude626
Posted on 28 January 19 at 02:01
Infamous said:
Petrolium Bear said:
Moda said:
If there's not enough people in matchmaking it will automatically switch to a different region, I'm in the EU server but late at night I often get put on NA servers. So I'm guessing even if you have the Oceanic server as your default you'll still only get put on NA servers.
depend on the mode thou. currently for me TPP Solo - OC, TPP Duos & Squad are Euro. while I switch to FPP is all NA. dunno how BlueHole choose which is the best server for melaugh
havocofsmeg
havocofsmeg
Posted on 28 January 19 at 11:57
iguanadude626 said:
Infamous said:
Petrolium Bear said:
Moda said:
depend on the mode thou. currently for me TPP Solo - OC, TPP Duos & Squad are Euro. while I switch to FPP is all NA. dunno how BlueHole choose which is the best server for melaugh
Think it's because no one in Europe is playing FPP, maybe?
Valar Morghulis
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.