BiLLzuMaNaTi
BiLLzuMaNaTi
Posted on 21 January 19 at 20:42
Achievement Review/Tips: https://youtu.be/KFJxNKZEF1c
YouTube: AchievementLand
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 22 January 19 at 21:27, Edited on 22 January 19 at 21:27 by MathGuy42
Thanks for the video and tips. I used the video to finish off my post Alternate costumes. You're clearly the better skilled, as I've only been able to get one Gold so far in the Proving Grounds.

Ironically, based on a comment in your video, the one Proving Ground achievement I have so far is
Guacamelee! 2++ Slippery SnakeThe ++ Slippery Snake achievement in Guacamelee! 2 worth 35 pointsComplete the Snakes in the Grass Challenge without taking damage
My advice is to wait until you're fully upgraded and use Rooster Ramirez. It only took a couple tries. I just spammed Pollo Shot and Pollo Slide. A lot of luck was involved also, I'm sure.

I've seen a couple tips for
Guacamelee! 26-Piece ComboMathGuy42The 6-Piece Combo achievement in Guacamelee! 2 worth 44 pointsJuggle an enemy with 6 Chicken Shots or Slides before it touches the ground.
The first is to use Poncho, since he's invulnerable. Unfortunately, I had already finished off the Flame Face - Poncho challenges by the time I read that.

So a second choice is to use an enemy with a Human Special shield. I got it in Templo de la Serpiente. The room starts with a Yellow Shield Lightning guy and a Green Shield hunched over skeleton with knife hands. I killed the Lightning guy. The other wasn't too aggressive, so it was fairly easy to keep bouncing him around until I got it. The room was fairly small too, which kept him from flying too far away.

I don't know of a good Human Special shield guy to fight if you've already finished the game. Maybe someone in the Proving Grounds or in the hallways of a later location, like the Templo de la Serpiente.
BiLLzuMaNaTi
BiLLzuMaNaTi
Posted on 23 January 19 at 15:58, Edited on 23 January 19 at 16:07 by BiLLzuMaNaTi
No problem I’m glad it helped. If I have time I’ll make a video for the proving ground challenges. I had trouble with the 6 piece achievement as well. The snake temple probably is the best spot. If you do the chicken Illuminati stuff and open the golden door you’ll get unlimited chicken shots which will make it easier
YouTube: AchievementLand
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 27 January 19 at 14:06, Edited on 31 January 19 at 12:33 by MathGuy42
Any special tips on finishing the Workout Warrior Challenge (the one where you fight on a small treadmill)? I just don't have the timing down right to kill all 5 of the final stabby guys. I can't tell if I'm dodging too early or late.

Well, probably nothing that can be done besides get my timing correct. I just hoped someone else had some tips. It's getting very annoying and boring to play the first two rounds over and over. Thanks.

Edit: Got it done. Turns out you can spawn kill the slicers, as I learned in this video. I unlocked Uay Coco first so Human Specials would only cost half stamina. (Sometimes I would lose my hit streak on the spinning turtles.) Then I could easily keep up the specials at the end for the spawn kills.

I'm at 9/15 Gold now. Some are quite easy if you use Flame Face, namely Exploder in the Sky and Impacto de Facto. Infinite Pollo Shot also helped with Exploder in the Sky. The Treadmill Speedrun and Auto-Swap Hop were also easy with the Infinite Pollo Shot and Muñeco.

I think Way of the Passive Grapple will be the hardest for me. I can easily get to Round 3 every time, but there are just so many Exploders at the end, and not much time make an enemy grabbable and thrown correctly. Of course Coscorrona is the best to use here, as her unique power (make enemies grabbable when another is thrown into them) makes Rounds 1 and 2 much easier.

Edit 2: Made it through the Proving Grounds. Relief!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.