The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: January 22nd, 2019

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 January 19 at 06:41
    If u haven’t bought Faery: Legends of Avalon by now u need to reassess your life
  • BlackxRyanBlackxRyan868,115
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 08:17
    Great, I was waiting for a sale for Hell Yeah Wrath of the Dead Rabbit.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 January 19 at 09:08
    XwolfanX said:
    hope Microsoft take care of Army of two licenses and bring us back the server for it.............
    just dreaming but I really want a decent Army of two games.... DICE graphics, customizable weapons, and armors for the characters, whit a little bit of strategy involved whit the equipment, and all the variation of BF 4 weaponry in an open/linear experience in a game like metal gear V, or ghost recon wild lands.................... ill keep dreaming :(.
    I am more wondering how long 360 servers will be up for than individual games.

Once 360 goes off, then 100s of 1000s of games will be discontinued.

Nobody here will ever get round to their 360 backlog of online achievements.
    Su
  • Posted on 22 January 19 at 09:09
    Played the demo version of Hell Yeah in 2013. Thank god it has a sale.
  • Goggs25Goggs251,783,691
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 09:26
    ubisoft lost out on some cash thanks to there 2 unotainable achievements on splinter cell blacklist.
    Goggs25
  • Flook666Flook666367,009
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 12:04
    Viking, Shadows of the Damned, Hell Yeah, Alice, Of Orcs and Men and the Dead Space games are all worth picking up if you haven't got them yet...

Of Orcs and Men is a bit questionable, but it's enough of an oddity and plays decent enough to be considered at sale price....
    Let's go Mr. Driver!
  • EveryBaseEveryBase399,451
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 12:46
    Gintama ZURA said:
    I think it's finally about time for me to pick up Alice: Madness Returns. I've been interested in the game for years but never picked it up for whatever reason.

The fact that it's only $4.99 and backwards compatible, really sells it for me. I was going to get it in the shocktober sale a few months ago, but forgot about it lol.
    You also get the original Alice game for free so its 2 for $5. Easy completions for both.
  • Tatl360Tatl360373,046
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 14:53
    Nothing for me this week.
  • KiRRAYNEKiRRAYNE631,621
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 17:25
    Shinnizle said:
    Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit is fun, but it felt too long to me. After the novelty wore off, it became stale before the game ended. Should have been at least 2 to 3 hours shorter in my opinion.
    Good to know. On the fence about this one.
  • Posted on 22 January 19 at 18:48
    It baffles me they keep putting up Army of Two and it was a GwG. I really wish they would turn the servers on for like a month and let everyone finish it off.
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,285,029
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 19:30
    Shel2theburne said:
    It baffles me they keep putting up Army of Two and it was a GwG. I really wish they would turn the servers on for like a month and let everyone finish it off.
    they had the DLC for this game available for sale long after the servers were done. THAT is how intelligent they are.
  • Posted on 22 January 19 at 19:38, Edited on 22 January 19 at 19:40 by Elite1111111111
    Kanchanaburi said:
    they had the DLC for this game available for sale long after the servers were done. THAT is how intelligent they are.
    And then delisted all the DLC when the game went GWG, even though one of the DLCs was free story content.
  • berto 1355berto 1355219,234
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 22:07
    Psychotic Sully said:
    XwolfanX said:
    hope Microsoft take care of Army of two licenses and bring us back the server for it.............
    just dreaming but I really want a decent Army of two games.... DICE graphics, customizable weapons, and armors for the characters, whit a little bit of strategy involved whit the equipment, and all the variation of BF 4 weaponry in an open/linear experience in a game like metal gear V, or ghost recon wild lands.................... ill keep dreaming :(.
    I am more wondering how long 360 servers will be up for than individual games.

Once 360 goes off, then 100s of 1000s of games will be discontinued.

Nobody here will ever get round to their 360 backlog of online achievements.
    As one of the few who have yet to make the XBOne jump and only plays on my 360, this scares me to no end. I know it's coming, and I need to get grinding on some achievements that I've put off for way to long.
  • Posted on 22 January 19 at 22:53
    I just want Sega to make Ecco the Dolphin backwards compatible !!!
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl197,478
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 22:54
    It's coming, but I doubt anytime soon.

Microsoft's given reason for shutting down original Xbox Live was that maintaining it was holding them back from reworking Live's infrastructure.

Considering how much Microsoft has pushed backwards compatibility on Xbox One, and that you can still only buy 360 content through the 360 marketplace, it almost seems like Microsoft has to keep 360 Live running in the near term to keep BC working.
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,043,222
    Posted on 23 January 19 at 00:54
    This has been one of the best sales in terms of BC in a while and I end up getting nothing.
  • Wick N MortyWick N Morty486,813
    Posted on 23 January 19 at 03:12, Edited on 23 January 19 at 03:13 by Wick N Morty
    The day all 360 achievements become unattainable is the day I stop caring about achievements.

I know its inevitable but achievements are what got me BACK into gaming. It's something I enjoy to do, it's one thing I collect that takes up no space in my house. For them to close down 360 servers, and make all those games unattainable, to me feels like they're giving up which in turn would make me give up. Not all if us are able to game 24/7 and I dont think its fair to feel rushed to complete certain things before servers are shut down. But hey, lifes not fair right?
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper986,583
    Posted on 23 January 19 at 04:07, Edited on 23 January 19 at 04:07 by RadiantViper
    As long as MS keeps pushing backwards compatibility and Game Pass, I doubt the 360 servers will go down anytime soon.

No need to have this doomsaying in every 360 thread ...
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285622,872
    Posted on 23 January 19 at 14:37
    Gintama ZURA said:
    I think it's finally about time for me to pick up Alice: Madness Returns. I've been interested in the game for years but never picked it up for whatever reason.

The fact that it's only $4.99 and backwards compatible, really sells it for me. I was going to get it in the shocktober sale a few months ago, but forgot about it lol.
    Everyone has already mentioned you get the original. I bought this back 2014 and thoroughly enjoyed Madness Returns and it's 900GS but for the life of me could not get into the first one so never finished it. Be warned that for me and based on stats here not many started or they tried and didn't enjoy the first (39% started enough to pop an achievement and only 16% finished it)
  • Posted on 23 January 19 at 22:46
    Why is Future Soldier alphabetized by the F but all the other TC titles are first alphabetized by "Tom Clancy?"
    My opinions are often unpopular and acerbic.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.