The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

The Seven Quickest Game Completions from the January 22nd Xbox Sale

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic597,505
  • GoatNDGoatND468,025
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 14:33Permalink
    The only good looking one here is Maize, I'll probably pick it up.
    - Goat
  • Springbok NLSpringbok NL591,881
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 14:43Permalink
    GoatND said:
    The only good looking one here is Maize, I'll probably pick it up.
    Fearful Symmetry & The Cursed Prince is a good game. For me only Maize will be purchased.
  • TomjehTomjeh1,055,408
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 14:59Permalink
    My word...when did TA become so filthy for achievement whores?
  • Posted on 22 January 19 at 15:04Permalink
    Tomjeh said:
    Because increasing your gamerscore is the whole point of this site? roll
    >insert_original_signature.txt
  • Posted on 22 January 19 at 15:04Permalink
    I picked up Maize. Was tempted to get 1979 but noticed it wasn't as cheap as last time it was on sale so i'll wait...
  • rumblesrumbles351,422
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 15:15Permalink
    Fearful Symmetry is a pretty good puzzle game with a good walkthrough on site but be warned the save glitch on Windows is a real PITA. I lost somewhere in the range of 3 and 15 puzzles worth of progress EVERY SINGLE TIME I closed the game with no apparent pattern behind it
  • Vr EnglishVr English656,742
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 15:15Permalink
    Hell yeah! Was a very enjoyable game or me.
  • oMikeoMike463,317
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 15:25Permalink
    Can we also have a section/ link on the table that takes us to any walkthrough for the game? I reckon that'll be quite useful
    Great addition these articles are rhough toast
  • DADDYICKENDADDYICKEN507,173
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 15:31Permalink
    My page of the week,well done and thank u TA.x
  • pezboybenpezboyben628,810
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 15:57Permalink
    Picked up Maize and Fearful Symmetry because the prices were right. Already own Adam's Venture, Comix Zone, and Faery and don't have any interest in the rest. Thanks for the article!
  • Posted on 22 January 19 at 16:09Permalink
    Thanks for these lists! Keep up the good work.
  • Posted on 22 January 19 at 16:19Permalink
    pezboyben said:
    Picked up Maize and Fearful Symmetry because the prices were right.
    Same. It's easy to pull the trigger when a 80% off sale puts games like those at a price point under $4.
  • Posted on 22 January 19 at 16:46Permalink
    Tomjeh said:
    Did this question really just get asked on an achievement site? roll
  • NutriWhipNutriWhip1,769,421
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 17:45Permalink
    rumbles said:
    Fearful Symmetry is a pretty good puzzle game with a good walkthrough on site but be warned the save glitch on Windows is a real PITA. I lost somewhere in the range of 3 and 15 puzzles worth of progress EVERY SINGLE TIME I closed the game with no apparent pattern behind it
    It's definitely a game you should/could knock out in one session. I finished it in just under two hours.
  • PlacidAtaxiaPlacidAtaxia946,053
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 18:18, Edited on 22 January 19 at 18:19 by PlacidAtaxiaPermalink
    NumberSea808300 said:
    Tomjeh said:
    I think the point Tomjeh is trying to make here is that the tagline for this site is: Just How Good Are You? That seemed to be the general consensus when the site began. Where as now it's become: Just how much money do you have to throw at your Shamerscore? A high gamerscore doesn't, and really shouldn't hold the prestige it does but that is generally what people tend to fawn over. I'm not here to debate this, I've somewhat embraced the can't beat em join em stack those easy games up attitude. But I still adhere to the pride that should come with being able to do what few others are willing to attempt and that is to take down difficult titles. I see the disparity of thinking often on this site and I know I'm in the minority with Tomjeh here but we'd just like to see TA back up their original credo and subsequently put out lists of the hardest completions of the sale or for the month, or ect. After all, some of us did initially come here because of our masochistic tendencies to grind out 100 hr boosts and or take on the hardest difficulties. Either way, I'm not looking to start an ethics war over what's the right or wrong way to look at things. I'm just glad the site exists period. It's a nice community for all of us to get together and go after imaginary points that have little to no relevance in our everyday lives. So bang on my friends.
    He called the shit, poop!
  • atryeu1atryeu1232,854
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 18:26Permalink
    Zwaveldioxide said:
    Tomjeh said:
    The whole point of the site for me is to keep track of which achievements I still need and don't need. I honestly don't care about my score :P I was excited to hit my 100k sometime back but I find just collecting and trying to earn the achievements to be more fun than worrying what my gamerscore is and that's where this site comes in handy for helping me keep track of those achievements I still need to work on :P I'm pretty sure "the whole point of the site" is different for everybody :P
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666173,255
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 18:31Permalink
    Zwaveldioxide said:
    Tomjeh said:
    It is, but that doesn't mean games that take longer to get all achievements are not good, and that sadly seems to be the attitude of people on here lately.

I just spent nearly 60 hours to complete subnautica. There are I think 2 missable achievements, but I found them through exploration looking for other things. Yes it took a LONG time, but it was absolutely one of the best gaming experiences of my life. If all I cared about was fast achievements, I would have missed that great experience for some numbers on a website that mean nothing all to anyone but me.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
  • atryeu1atryeu1232,854
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 18:46Permalink
    Zorlac0666 said:
    Zwaveldioxide said:
    Tomjeh said:
    It is, but that doesn't mean games that take longer to get all achievements are not good, and that sadly seems to be the attitude of people on here lately.

I just spent nearly 60 hours to complete subnautica. There are I think 2 missable achievements, but I found them through exploration looking for other things. Yes it took a LONG time, but it was absolutely one of the best gaming experiences of my life. If all I cared about was fast achievements, I would have missed that great experience for some numbers on a website that mean nothing all to anyone but me.
    I just spent around 120 hours finishing my last 2 for Dragon Age Inquisition and then another 12hrs for the DLC. I prefer longer games :D My limit is about 8hrs at least for a game though. I won't buy anything that's over in only 1-2 hours -_-
  • Posted on 22 January 19 at 19:28Permalink
    PlacidAtaxia said:
    NumberSea808300 said:
    Tomjeh said:
    I think the point Tomjeh is trying to make here is that the tagline for this site is: Just How Good Are You? That seemed to be the general consensus when the site began. Where as now it's become: Just how much money do you have to throw at your Shamerscore? A high gamerscore doesn't, and really shouldn't hold the prestige it does but that is generally what people tend to fawn over. I'm not here to debate this, I've somewhat embraced the can't beat em join em stack those easy games up attitude. But I still adhere to the pride that should come with being able to do what few others are willing to attempt and that is to take down difficult titles. I see the disparity of thinking often on this site and I know I'm in the minority with Tomjeh here but we'd just like to see TA back up their original credo and subsequently put out lists of the hardest completions of the sale or for the month, or ect. After all, some of us did initially come here because of our masochistic tendencies to grind out 100 hr boosts and or take on the hardest difficulties. Either way, I'm not looking to start an ethics war over what's the right or wrong way to look at things. I'm just glad the site exists period. It's a nice community for all of us to get together and go after imaginary points that have little to no relevance in our everyday lives. So bang on my friends.
    It's not TA's fault that the Xbox store has become littered with easy gamerscore games, mostly because of the ID@xbox program. This is a site for all achievements, not just the grindy or tough ones.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.