Game Discussion: Resident Evil 2: Z Version Forum

Resident Evil 2: Z Version achievements are now on the site

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 24 January 19 at 02:30
Resident Evil 2: Z Version Achievements has 41 Achievements worth 1,000 Gamerscore.
VidGamiac
VidGamiac
Posted on 24 January 19 at 03:13
Ugh... Another CERO: Z Digital Only game. Really hate how you can't use Yen gift cards on these.
nate 1528
nate 1528
Posted on 24 January 19 at 03:18
Yeah it Sucks, Some people had tips to buying them with a US credit card but nothing worked for me.
nate 1528
xTCx
xTCx
Posted on 24 January 19 at 03:28
nate 1528 said:
Yeah it Sucks, Some people had tips to buying them with a US credit card but nothing worked for me.
Same, I guess it depends on the Card Company?
AP 8T8
AP 8T8
Posted on 24 January 19 at 04:52
Where has this been confirmed as digital only?
AP
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 24 January 19 at 05:41, Edited on 24 January 19 at 05:42 by New Paralyzer
xTCx said:
nate 1528 said:
Same, I guess it depends on the Card Company?
For me it depends on the bank.

I have kept my original bank account open as it still let's me shop on the JP marketplace.

The credit union I use currently will not allow me to make a single purchase on the JP marketplace.

AP 8T8 said:
Where has this been confirmed as digital only?
Looked everywhere for the past month and no physical in sight.

Seeing as how Monster Hunter completely skipped Xbox in Japan I think it's safe to assume Capcom is done making Xbox Physicals for Japan

PS4 Z version is all I can find period.
Xboxoholic
Xboxoholic
Posted on 24 January 19 at 16:16
What's the difference between the non-Z version and the Z version?
VidGamiac
VidGamiac
Posted on 24 January 19 at 17:07
Xboxoholic said:
Z Version is Japan Only. It's like a Director's Cut with extra gore. Basically the regular version is rated CERO: D which is 17+ and the Z version is CERO: Z which is 18+, meaning you need a credit card to buy it. Resident Evil 7 did this too with the Grotesque Version.

Essentially, the content will be the Resident Evil 2 Deluxe Edition + extra gore. But us achievement people want it for the stack.
Xboxoholic
Xboxoholic
Posted on 24 January 19 at 17:14
VidGamiac said:
Xboxoholic said:
Z Version is Japan Only. It's like a Director's Cut with extra gore. Basically the regular version is rated CERO: D which is 17+ and the Z version is CERO: Z which is 18+, meaning you need a credit card to buy it. Resident Evil 7 did this too with the Grotesque Version.

Essentially, the content will be the Resident Evil 2 Deluxe Edition + extra gore. But us achievement people want it for the stack.
Great explanation, thanks for taking the time to explain it so clearly.
CONKER1182
CONKER1182
Posted on 24 January 19 at 19:52, Edited on 24 January 19 at 19:53 by CONKER1182
VidGamiac said:
Xboxoholic said:

However even if a game is rated Z 18+ by the CERO rating system (the highest rating you can get in Japan) they're still things that have to get censored/toned down by the game developer to meet CEROs strict guidelines.
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 24 January 19 at 20:33
Is there a link to buy this on the Xbox store?
Freakris
Freakris
Posted on 24 January 19 at 22:55
Hey guys. I tried to buy the RE 2 Z version now, but it didn't work.
I used the same method I used to buy L.A. Noire (JP) and The Evil Within 2 (JP), and yes I used a VPN.
So maybe Microsoft have fixed the loophole now, so you actually need a JPN credit card?
I still have the same VISA card as last time too, so nothing is changed from my side.

If someone manages to buy it without a JPN credit card, please PM me, so I can know how.
VidGamiac
VidGamiac
Posted on 24 January 19 at 23:17
The Noto said:
Is there a link to buy this on the Xbox store?
https://www.microsoft.com/ja-jp/p/biohazard-re2-z-version/C2...

About $72 USD.
ClockWrkPhantom
Posted on 25 January 19 at 04:33
Freakris said:
I used the same method I used to buy L.A. Noire (JP) and The Evil Within 2 (JP), and yes I used a VPN.
So maybe Microsoft have fixed the loophole now, so you actually need a JPN credit card?
I still have the same VISA card as last time too, so nothing is changed from my side.

If someone manages to buy it without a JPN credit card, please PM me, so I can know how.
couldn't someone gift it to you via a jp account?
Kane no1 of the 7
Inferno118
Inferno118
Posted on 25 January 19 at 06:30, Edited on 25 January 19 at 06:32 by Inferno118
When the gold edition of re7 grotesque was released digitally it was available to be purchased (though I think it might’ve required some sort of trick, I’d have to check the thread again). So there is hope for this one.

In fact I recommend any completionists to wait until the gold edition releases b4 buying this version
ClockWrkPhantom
Posted on 25 January 19 at 06:38
Inferno118 said:
When the gold edition of re7 grotesque was released digitally it was available to be purchased (though I think it might’ve required some sort of trick, I’d have to check the thread again). So there is hope for this one.

In fact I recommend any completionists to wait until the gold edition releases b4 buying this version

Its a remake i don't foresee any dlc.
Kane no1 of the 7
Cosminiion
Cosminiion
Posted on 25 January 19 at 07:59, Edited on 25 January 19 at 08:08 by Cosminiion
ClockWrkPhantom said:
Freakris said:

That might work if you use a JP VPN to redeem the code, otherwise it will tell you to "Contact the seller to get a code that works in your region.". I think it even works on a PC or a phone with a browser or the Xbox App, so you don't have to bother giving your Xbox One a JP IP Address. Then change the Location on the Xbox One to Japan, download the game (shouldn't need VPN for this), change it back to your original country and play it.
Freakris
Freakris
Posted on 25 January 19 at 08:07
Cosminiion said:
ClockWrkPhantom said:
Freakris said:

That might work if you use a JP VPN to redeem the code, otherwise it will tell you to {#}Contact the seller to get a code that works in your region.{#}. I think it even works on a PC or a phone with a browser or the Xbox App, so you don't have to bother giving your Xbox One a JP IP Address. Then change the Country on the Xbox One to Japan, download the game (shouldn't need VPN for this), change it back to your original country and play it.
Yes, that might work, but I don't know any people from Japan, so I'm out of luck there.
I need to be able to buy it myself I think, one way or another.
Burt Wang
Burt Wang
Posted on 25 January 19 at 10:16
Hey guys I am someone who lives in Japan now. I can buy the Z version without any trouble.
You can check my profile to see I have got achievements from this version.
Maybe I can gift it to someone but still need a Japan VPN to redeem the code?
Dallasthedude
Dallasthedude
Posted on 26 January 19 at 02:13
Burt Wang said:
Hey guys I am someone who lives in Japan now. I can buy the Z version without any trouble.
You can check my profile to see I have got achievements from this version.
Maybe I can gift it to someone but still need a Japan VPN to redeem the code?
Thanks for helping me out! Hey guys contact Burt Wang, he'll hook you up with RE 2 Z version! Trustworthy guy.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.