Game Discussion: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Forum

Fire on Water

AuthorMessage
Fa1con87
Fa1con87
Posted on 24 January 19 at 16:58
My tracker seems to have stopped at 90%.

Has anyone else had a similar thing happen?
Apostle92627
Apostle92627
Posted on 02 February 19 at 23:48
I had this problem as well, so I just blasted ships with my flamethrower as much possible until it unlocked.
Sir Pafrro
Sir Pafrro
Posted on 03 February 19 at 23:52
flamethrower? I just got this using flame arrows and spears during the weekly over the weekend.
Apostle92627
Apostle92627
Posted on 05 February 19 at 23:05, Edited on 10 February 19 at 22:44 by Apostle92627
Sir Pafrro said:
flamethrower? I just got this using flame arrows and spears during the weekly over the weekend.
Yeah, I couldn't get it to track very well so I used the Flamethrower and it tracked better until I got to 90% and it stopped tracking, but it did eventually give me the achievement.
JakThaRiPP3R84
Posted on 11 February 19 at 10:10
just build up 3 bars and use flamethrower on a ship and totally sink it with the flamethrower sustained fire that will work. it got stuck for me but it did come through in the end.
smplguy
smplguy
Posted on 19 June 19 at 16:41
I’m experiencing this exact situation. I’ve been stuck at 90% for two days now. I’ve set countless ships on fire. With the flame thrower, fire arrows and the fire javelins and a combo of everything as well.

How were you able to eventually get the achievement?
smplguy
smplguy
Posted on 23 June 19 at 22:48
Yeah, something has glitched with my game. This blows.

I see others have been able to get it since I posted so its not something affecting everyone. I've burned well over 50 ships now. It's such a pain because building up the yellow bars is irritating all by itself. Dealing with the inevitable bounties afterwards because of destroying so many ships is annoying too.

I've tried burning them with just fire arrows, just fire javelins, and just the flame thrower. I've tried destroying a ship from start to finish with only fire. I've quit out of the game, and restarted my console in an attempt to refresh something. I've restarted the game both with a +New Game and a completely fresh game and played up until I get a ship, burned 5 ships with each of those saves and still nothing.

I'm at a loss. It clearly was working, cause it counted for 9 ships so far. 2 of those were from before I started the DLC missions. I'm open to any suggestions as to what I could do next.
TBS Nikolai
TBS Nikolai
Posted on 11 July 19 at 18:18
Are you making sure that the circle around the fire icon is completely filling up? Setting it on fire with one set of arrows or javelins ain’t enough. You must completely set it on fire causing the ring to fully fill and the ship to completely stop.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.