Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Try Dragon Ball FighterZ and Forza Horizon 3 with Xbox Live Gold This Weekend

AuthorMessage
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 24 January 19 at 17:02
If you're not busy with Resident Evil 2

Please click here to read the story: Try Dragon Ball FighterZ and Forza Horizon 3 with Xbox Live Gold This Weekend
Snowhunterx91
Snowhunterx91
Posted on 24 January 19 at 17:53
Big fan of DBZ, so I'm actually thinking about installing FighterZ and getting as much achievements as possible. dance
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 24 January 19 at 18:45
I'm surprised FH3 isn't on Game Pass. That is to say, I want it to be on Game Pass, so I can get at least something of a discount on that stupid hoonigan pack.
Streets Ahead
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 24 January 19 at 19:01
FH3 for sure - I had already started it on a borrowed copy - now I can progress some more. I'll also be making use of a CR head start with my collection of rewards from forzamotorsports.net I have been accumulating over the years. I'll need to find the quickest path for the most achievements I'll be able to gather over the weekend. Woot!!!
JDawgg77
JDawgg77
Posted on 24 January 19 at 19:48
FH3? Accident instead of 4? Seems an odd choice to try and push sales of three nowadays.
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 24 January 19 at 20:39
JDawgg77 said:
FH3? Accident instead of 4? Seems an odd choice to try and push sales of three nowadays.
Forza Horizon 4 is on Game Pass so there is already a way for people to try it out on the cheap. Not really an odd choice as it is likely to be delisted about 5 years after the release date so they would want to secure as many sales of it as they can before that time.
wookieepuppy
wookieepuppy
Posted on 24 January 19 at 20:42
forza horizon 3.....brilliant game!

Goodbye fh3 forzathons...last week, so it seems , for fh3 forzathons.

I am gonna miss those rare 0gs achievos popping.
BLOOdREDkN7GHT
Posted on 24 January 19 at 20:59, Edited on 24 January 19 at 21:11 by BLOOdREDkN7GHT
Very much appreciate the heads-up for Free Play Days games, I often forget to check until Sunday afternoon!

Any way we can have the title of these articles start with "FREE PLAY DAYS:" in the future to make it stand out more when scrolling through the home page??
GBR!
Im Single Again
Posted on 24 January 19 at 21:44
wookieepuppy said:

I feel the same knowing on the 25th will be the last 4 Forzathons.
Case Closed so don't debate it.
Munsonated
Munsonated
Posted on 24 January 19 at 21:48
BLOOdREDkN7GHT said:
Any way we can have the title of these articles start with "FREE PLAY DAYS:" in the future to make it stand out more when scrolling through the home page??
I would also like this feature. And maybe an alert when a game on my wishlist is selected for free play.
freedomgirl85
freedomgirl85
Posted on 24 January 19 at 22:22
if undecided about starting FH3 check this out

https://www.trueachievements.com/challenges.aspx
wookieepuppy
wookieepuppy
Posted on 24 January 19 at 22:53
freedomgirl85 said:

Yes, there are 4 challenges this week on fh3.
They are the last of about 600 challenges, and will give you a massive ZERO gamer score.
There is not going to be any more challenges for this game, as far as I can tell.
If it bothers you to only have 1% of all the challenges completed, and are just starting fh3 this weekend, you might want to drive carefully so as not to accidentally complete any of these challenges.
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 24 January 19 at 23:51
freedomgirl85 said:

Damn. That's like next level OCD if you're worried about unlocking a challenge. laugh
Posting from sunny Australia.
Shizblacka
Shizblacka
Posted on 25 January 19 at 01:28
Can't recommend either of these games enough. I'm not a huge racing fan, LOVE the Horizon series. Not a huge fighting fan, been OBSESSED with FighterZ since I picked it up on sale a month ago.

Both phenomenal and worth checking out imo.
TheGreatKoala
TheGreatKoala
Posted on 25 January 19 at 09:19, Edited on 25 January 19 at 09:19 by TheGreatKoala
FH3 is brilliant, but I don't get why people are making any deal out of the challenges ending soon. If you are going to miss out on a game because of nothing, then I feel bad for you
RidiculousBox
RidiculousBox
Posted on 25 January 19 at 10:15
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FORZA HORIZON 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 25 January 19 at 13:01
XenomorphFiend said:
I'm surprised FH3 isn't on Game Pass. That is to say, I want it to be on Game Pass, so I can get at least something of a discount on that stupid hoonigan pack.
I want it to be added too, my old FH3 disc doesn't work anymore. It installs to 2.5GB and gives up, I've tried it with two X1s and they both have the same issue.
Here be dragons.
Bacavoit
Bacavoit
Posted on 25 January 19 at 18:32
wookieepuppy said:
Fifas Funeral said:
Care to explain this? Are we going to miss something when it goes free with GwG? Cause the game hasn't dropped a single dolar in my country and to pay that much for a game this old I dont feel like it.
Baca
FullNietzsche
FullNietzsche
Posted on 25 January 19 at 19:10
wookieepuppy said:

Same. Last one is called bye bye cry Kind of like packing up at the end of summer and everyone's left and gone on to the next thing... (in this case FH4)

I just did 3 of the last 4 (don't think I can be bothered to do a championship for another Porsche Cayenne). Feels quite strange playing it again after putting a few hundred hours into FH4. It was fun times but it's over now... cry smile
FullNietzsche
FullNietzsche
Posted on 25 January 19 at 19:13
Bacavoit said:
wookieepuppy said:
Fifas Funeral said:
Care to explain this? Are we going to miss something when it goes free with GwG? Cause the game hasn't dropped a single dolar in my country and to pay that much for a game this old I dont feel like it.
You will miss something, but whether it's important to you is up to you to decide.

The game had weekly forzathon challenges, which gave prizes ranging from credits, XP or cars. There are some 'unicorn' cars which aren't available to buy, like the Nissan Silvia K's (a much better car in FH3 than in FH4 where it's uncompetitive) but the good news is you can still get all those cars in the auction house. (I assume they aren't shutting THAT down just yet.)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.