Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Four Games from the Command & Conquer Series Are Now Backwards Compatible

• Posted on 25 January 19 at 02:26
    Fingers crossed for EA Access soon
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB883,868
    Posted on 25 January 19 at 02:45, Edited on 25 January 19 at 08:48 by TwistedTB
    Good news!!!

Here's a partial list of games I am still wanting BC for:
    Nier
    Prototype
    Prototype 2
    Alpha Protocol
    MagnaCarta 2
    The Last Remnant
    Infinite Undiscovery
    Eternal Sonata
    Dark Sector
    Raiden Fighters Aces
    Culdcept Saga
    Skyrim
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Batman Arkham City
    Dead To Rights: Retribution
    Blood Bowl
    WH40k: Space Marine
    Tenchu Z
    Splatterhouse
    John Woo's Stranglehold
    Lollipop Chainsaw
    Spectral Force 3
    WWE Legends
    Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
    The Outfit
    Alone In The Dark
    Gun
    Mini Ninjas
    Bulletwitch
    El Shaddai
    Enslaved: Odyssey To The West
    Warmest regards, TwistedTB.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead621,836
    Posted on 25 January 19 at 03:35
    NawtyCawty said:
    I’ve got a present for ya!!! Awesome.
    That was left handed
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 January 19 at 05:33
    This is such good news I've been waiting!!!!!!
  • PopeTerryPopeTerry285,475
    Posted on 25 January 19 at 07:48
    Nice. Hopefully now these are BC, more people will be playing the multiplayer. As I still have to get some online achievements.
  • WOODY2211WOODY22111,365,385
    Posted on 25 January 19 at 09:25
    When I go to the store it says that kanes wrath is an add on. Is this the full 1000 G or just a couple of extra maps?
  • EchelonSixEchelonSix678,961
    Posted on 25 January 19 at 09:29
    WOODY2211 said:
    When I go to the store it says that kanes wrath is an add on. Is this the full 1000 G or just a couple of extra maps?
    Using the searchpanel on this website (a website about achievements) i figured out that it is 44 worth 1000g wink laugh
  • WOODY2211WOODY22111,365,385
    Posted on 25 January 19 at 09:45
    @Hellgate Aeon aren't you a clever sausage!! However, if you know much about this website then you should know that an add on comes under a game and not a separate game! And as it says in the Xbox store, it is an add on, not a full release title, it also states that you need another game to play this content, so that to me says it should come under another C&C games and not a separate game!
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4580,241
    Posted on 25 January 19 at 10:52
    WOODY2211 said:
    From what I'm understanding Kane's Wrath is a physical only release, then there's a map pack for it also called Kane's Wrath. It's pretty confusing because it looks like it's the full game, but I think the map pack is just an add on with no achievements
    Posted on 25 January 19 at 11:03, Edited on 25 January 19 at 11:18 by EchelonSix
    WOODY2211 said:
    @Hellgate Aeon aren't you a clever sausage!! However, if you know much about this website then you should know that an add on comes under a game and not a separate game! And as it says in the Xbox store, it is an add on, not a full release title, it also states that you need another game to play this content, so that to me says it should come under another C&C games and not a separate game!
    My friend you should clarified that in a better way 😉
    Ok here are the facts
    Kanes wrath for xbox 360 is a stand alone game. You done need c&c 3 to play it.
    And it comes with its own 1000gs

Further research:
    It seems that kanes wrath isnt available as download. It is not in my store. And the ms xbox store will send you straight to the dlc pack that is for the full game. I think you just confused the dlc pack in the store with the main game.
    I checked the achievements and that dlc map pack isnt important for gs.

It seems you have to get a disc here
  • x meltiger xx meltiger x850,728
    Posted on 25 January 19 at 11:54
    dlCHIEF58 said:
    x meltiger x said:
    I put the Tib Wars disc in and tells me not available to install for a full list of BC games blah blah blah

Games aren’t quite rolled out yet?
    Either the update hasn't rolled out to your area or you may need to do a hard restart to refresh the Xbox in order for it to recognize that it is available.
    Mate hard reset worked. Thank you!
  • Posted on 25 January 19 at 12:14
    Nice :)

Addition of mouse and keyboard support would be welcome too :)
    www.moviescreenshot.com
  • Posted on 25 January 19 at 12:55
    Finally! Picking them up on sale now. smile
    Don't bro me if you don't know me.
  • Posted on 25 January 19 at 14:09
    XGC NiteHalcyon said:
    Never played this on 360. Anyone give any insight on how the controls are?
    Not as good as the PC's, naturally, but very functional. May take you an hour or so to get used to it, but then you'll be fine.
    Posted on 25 January 19 at 14:52
    DaBlackAlbino said:
    XGC NiteHalcyon said:
    Never played this on 360. Anyone give any insight on how the controls are?
    Not as good as the PC's, naturally, but very functional. May take you an hour or so to get used to it, but then you'll be fine.
    I just bought RA3 to get a fresh impression.
    You must work yourself through an annoying long tutorial. This is a hassle. But you learn to play. Due to the fact that you play with a controller, many things are managed in extra drop down menus and you are teached step by step. If you ignore that you end up having no idea how to get stuff done.
    Like it was said after an hour youre into it. In general it is a little bit complicated compared to the PC but it works.
    Good to go
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz712,796
    Posted on 25 January 19 at 17:42
    RTS is a genre I wish I could get into, these games are fascinating yet daunting for me. Whenever I try them I struggle to prioritize building units, knowing when and where to engage, knowing when to spend resources on advancements or additional facilities or troops. I get discouraged and fall off before I ever get the practice I need to improve.

BigWiIIieStyIe said:
    Fingers crossed for EA Access soon
    Good observation, most of their back compat stuff does eventually get added to the vault!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead621,836
    Posted on 25 January 19 at 17:49, Edited on 25 January 19 at 18:27 by HolyHalfDead
    HolyHalfDead said:
    I wonder if Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath will get a GoD release
    I guess some people are unfamiliar with the Xbox 360 store, as it is quite different to the Microsoft store. It lists all the DownLoadable Content (DLC) you can buy related to an Xbox 360 game, including the Game on Demand (GoD) if available. You can filter the list of downloadable content, for example to show only Themes - http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-...

Content is named based on the game, so a map pack for Halo is called the “Halo Map Pack”. You shouldn’t confuse a map pack with the actual game. They can’t call all map packs just “Map Pack” or that would be confusing!

The TA web site also tries to make it clear that a map pack is not a game, since the map pack is listed under the DLC section of Purchase Options (although on TA, the term DLC only refers to what Microsoft call “Game Add-ons”).

Before 2010 many games did not get a GoD release, as downloading 5GB or more just wasn’t possible over some people’s internet connections. Instead we had XBLA (XBox Live Arcade) downloadable games, which were smaller and cheaper and had a reduced total Gamerscore, for example Red Alert 3: Commander's Challenge

Some games have had a GoD release many years after they were first released (such as if they go GwG), so we can always hope. Although with Xbox 360 now in it’s twilight years, there are more GoD delistings than there are listings.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285463,605
    Posted on 25 January 19 at 18:13
    Played the hell out of Red Alerts on PC back in the day but I'm not a multiplayer guy on consoles and scanning over their lists looks like a lot of the achievements are based on that so I won't be grabning these
  • GuidalityGuidality733,146
    Posted on 25 January 19 at 18:23
    This may just be the catalyst that gets me to start them finally
  • Dom2096Dom20961,355,842
    Posted on 25 January 19 at 20:33
    Worth it just to get a new generation of gamers witnessing Tim Curry’s delivery of “Space!”
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.