Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

WRC 8 Revealed for Release on the Xbox One in September

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic598,167
  • x Mataeus xx Mataeus x1,069,738
    Posted on 26 January 19 at 16:05Permalink
    7 was awesome. 5 & 6... Not so much.
    https://www.exophase.com/user/Mataeus
  • Posted on 26 January 19 at 17:24Permalink
    publisher Big Ben and developer Kylotonn
    Stopped reading there laugh
  • Sky ManiacSky Maniac590,009
    Posted on 26 January 19 at 17:56Permalink
    I've quite enjoyed WRC 6 with GWG, as long as WRC 8 isn't a Copy n Paste achievement list like 6 to 7 then I may pick up when it's on sale.
  • Tatl360Tatl360254,539
    Posted on 26 January 19 at 19:00, Edited on 26 January 19 at 19:01 by Tatl360Permalink
    I don't know if I will ever start this series because of the discontinued achievements of the previous games.

Maybe start with 5 on the Xbox One but I guess it's good to start as soon as possible because it may be delisted anytime because of the brands...

The decision would be so much easier if all the achievements were working... roll
  • Posted on 26 January 19 at 20:31Permalink
    x Mataeus x said:
    What did 7 do different?
    Playing WRC6 right now. Its about a 3/5 for me, but has potential. I think I may like 8 from what they proposed here and maybe 7 depending on what they improved.
    V-Rally 4 looks good as well, its probably better than WRC.

I like the Dirt Series as well, or rather: I like the driving in the Dirt games, however the tracks are so boring in that series and you have to play them over and over and over, so its a bit tedious.
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,136,856
    Posted on 26 January 19 at 21:59Permalink
    Fanta Morgana said:
    x Mataeus x said:
    What did 7 do different?
    Playing WRC6 right now. Its about a 3/5 for me, but has potential. I think I may like 8 from what they proposed here and maybe 7 depending on what they improved.

I like the Dirt Series as well, or rather: I like the driving in the Dirt games, however the tracks are so boring in that series and you have to play them over and over and over, so its a bit tedious.
    WRC 7 feels a lot better than 6. It's not Dirt 4 quality IMO, but its not far off. The graphics are very much improved.
    Everything else about it is kind of similar, as far as how you progress, the locations (China is missing) and the achievements. The achievements are still bullshit and 100% is possibly unattainable (my progress on several accomplishments seems to have frozen). It's fun but I wouldn't count on the easy completion that was WRC 5.
    Always number 2.
  • ArkhamArkham1,652,711
    Posted on 27 January 19 at 16:33Permalink
    I like these games but the WRC 6 achievement list is ruining it for me. The game is overstaying it’s welcome.
  • x Mataeus xx Mataeus x1,069,738
    Posted on 28 January 19 at 01:34Permalink
    Fanta Morgana said:
    x Mataeus x said:
    What did 7 do different?

On the X it looks really good, and the game handles much better. The sense of speed is awesome, but the real winner is the track design: The layouts are truly brilliant. Just fantastic tracks that give you the sense of wonder and excitement in the same way CM 2.0 did when you upgraded from the first one.

The pace notes are still read out by a bloody robot though.
    https://www.exophase.com/user/Mataeus
  • Posted on 28 January 19 at 01:34Permalink
    Sky Maniac said:
    I've quite enjoyed WRC 6 with GWG, as long as WRC 8 isn't a Copy n Paste achievement list like 6 to 7 then I may pick up when it's on sale.
    Every list for WRC since 2010 have been Copy n Paste so there is no variety or creativity in the lists whatsoever and I can not see that changing but you never know.
    Mr Bear if you dare
  • Sky ManiacSky Maniac590,009
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 15:12Permalink
    Petrolium Bear said:
    Sky Maniac said:
    Every list for WRC since 2010 have been Copy n Paste so there is no variety or creativity in the lists whatsoever and I can not see that changing but you never know.
    5 has different achievements than 6, 6 & 7 have the exact same bar 2 i think it was...

why are devs of racing games to scared to put in achievements like win championships on the hardest difficulty... give us something to aim at and improve our skill at.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.