The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: January 29th, 2019

• TheMaizeTheMaize1,190,104
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 04:06Permalink
    RadiantViper said:
    zeldafanjtl said:
    I don't think the Odyssey bundles are quite right. Both the Gold and Ultimate Editions include the season pass, and the season pass includes III and Liberation, right? But they're only listed under the Gold Edition.

From the marketplace listing, the only difference between the two versions is Ultimate has some extra clothing/weapons. Is that correct?
    Ultimate is basically Deluxe + Gold Edition.
    the big sellingpoint for ultimate. was that you would be able to play the game 4-7 days early.
    Now i believe gold would be the better purchase, unless you REALLY want those skins
  • Posted on 29 January 19 at 04:14, Edited on 29 January 19 at 04:15 by Musikfreak007Permalink
    If I wasn't making my way through the (infinite) backlog in this season, I'd bite on AC Origins Gold. I just can't justify adding another open world game to the bottom of the list though. Perhaps it will someday get closer to $20 and I'll be closer to being done with the games I actually plan on playing.

Also, I looked at Destiny 2's pricing for their various versions. That pricing model is what I hated about the first game. Because of the in-game changes to levels and missions with the expansions, the base game becomes worthless and so on a sale day you can get EVERYTHING for $70, but to get just this second season's offering if you bought everything before will cost you $60.

That is mismatched value in my eyes. Glad I didn't feed into that for the sequel.

mkdfan1990 said:
    All this Forza Horizon stuff and still no Hoonigan pack on sale on its own.
    Now THIS is something I'd buy right away if it hit 50% off.
  • Posted on 29 January 19 at 04:26, Edited on 29 January 19 at 04:26 by FireRaiser1985Permalink
    First time ACA NEOGEO is on sale? shock

So it begins...
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl149,510
  • sanityendssanityends324,857
  • Posted on 29 January 19 at 04:57Permalink
    Why are the prices of games so expensive compared to playstation? Like seriously 50 for the gold edition of origins! While on playstation it's 35 iirc
  • SeitzzSeitzz682,606
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 05:03Permalink
    Absolutely nothing in here for me this week. Although I am hoping at some point the AC3 remaster gets a standalone version in the store.
  • Posted on 29 January 19 at 06:13Permalink
    Last week I wrote that I was waiting for AC origins on sale. I went and got the physical copy instead. Off to buying digital AC syndicate gold! Pretty good Ubisoft month.
  • heatlightheatlight1,187,466
  • Posted on 29 January 19 at 07:18Permalink
    Nothing this week.
    >insert_original_signature.txt
  • acedawg4acedawg41,495,788
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 07:27Permalink
    $4 should be the everyday price for all ACA titles!
  • BulletLukeyBulletLukey347,018
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 07:32, Edited on 26 February 19 at 01:44 by BulletLukeyPermalink
    TheMaize said:
    RadiantViper said:
    zeldafanjtl said:
    I don't think the Odyssey bundles are quite right. Both the Gold and Ultimate Editions include the season pass, and the season pass includes III and Liberation, right? But they're only listed under the Gold Edition.

From the marketplace listing, the only difference between the two versions is Ultimate has some extra clothing/weapons. Is that correct?
    Ultimate is basically Deluxe + Gold Edition.
    the big sellingpoint for ultimate. was that you would be able to play the game 4-7 days early.
    Now i believe gold would be the better purchase, unless you REALLY want those skins
    That is correct. Ultimate is Gold but with some extra small stuff that is not important.
    When it comes to PR pages, the content tying is all manual. And AC III & Liberation remastered store listings is not live yet. All we know is that it will be in the Season Pass, Gold, and Ultimate.
    When it comes to PR tying, it can only be tied to something with a Title ID - which means Bundles & Games. Season passes do not have title ids. (Something that will need tweaking someday due to issues like this).
    So when tying III & Liberation PR pages to a store listing, I had the option between Gold & Ultimate, and Gold is the cheaper option, so I went with that. So that is why Ultimate doesn't list it as included.
  • Posted on 29 January 19 at 07:54Permalink
    Never played the ACA games...I know of them by TA reputation only lol..but would like a few opinions on the few that are on sale if you guys would be so kind. Is $4 still too much for this type of "game" I've never considered getting that at their typical price..I dunno maybe I should continue to say away from them? Thanks for any and all help! toast
    Matthew
  • Posted on 29 January 19 at 08:07Permalink
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Never played the ACA games...I know of them by TA reputation only lol..but would like a few opinions on the few that are on sale if you guys would be so kind. Is $4 still too much for this type of {#}game{#} I've never considered getting that at their typical price..I dunno maybe I should continue to say away from them? Thanks for any and all help! toast
    My eyes burn when i play one. Still recovering from last months binge
  • Posted on 29 January 19 at 08:27Permalink
    FEEDtheBEA5T said:
    wonder if LA Noire will ever go for $ 9.99 or less...
    I would expect it to, you might get lucky going into a local store somewhere as I went into Tesco (supermarket in the UK) and saw it for £7.50 and bought it. Haven't started yet but was a bit of a bargain.
  • Posted on 29 January 19 at 08:30Permalink
    Hmmm do I get the 2 DLC packs for Assassin Creed Origins. Only reason I would consider them is they speed levelling up (direct to level 55 if im correct?).

I didn't enjoy the game particularly but I plan to go back and complete it. At least I didn't pay for the game itself.
  • crewdy4923crewdy4923493,811
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 08:32Permalink
    Musikfreak007 said:
    Also, I looked at Destiny 2's pricing for their various versions. That pricing model is what I hated about the first game. Because of the in-game changes to levels and missions with the expansions, the base game becomes worthless and so on a sale day you can get EVERYTHING for $70, but to get just this second season's offering if you bought everything before will cost you $60.
    I've been looking at Destiny 2 for a while but never really understood the pricing structure, or, to be honest, what I was actually getting with each version.

From what I gather, Forsaken effectively replaces the original base game and gives you access to all the pre-existing content? So if another expansion was to come out you've got another £60 purchase for half the stuff you already have? Is that right?
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,190,104
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 08:33, Edited on 29 January 19 at 08:34 by TheMaizePermalink
    The Manic Moose said:
    Hmmm do I get the 2 DLC packs for Assassin Creed Origins. Only reason I would consider them is they speed levelling up (direct to level 55 if im correct?).

I didn't enjoy the game particularly but I plan to go back and complete it. At least I didn't pay for the game itself.
    they raise the maxlevel, but you still have to earn the xp to get there.....unless im completely mistaken.
    If you wanna 100% the game though. You also still have to finish every are of the map. So you would gain the levels naturally anyways
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl149,510
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 08:36, Edited on 29 January 19 at 08:39 by zeldafanjtlPermalink
    crewdy4923 said:
    From what I gather, Forsaken effectively replaces the original base game and gives you access to all the pre-existing content?
    No, Forsaken is an expansion. You still need the base game, though the base game is no longer sold by itself digitally, so if you don't already have it, you'll have to buy one of the Forsaken bundles.

Forsaken does include Expansions I and II, as well.

There's also the annual pass, which requires the base game + Forsaken, and gets access to smaller, mini-expansions. I skipped it because none of that content has extra achievements.

The official website explains the various bundles better than Xbox.com does. https://www.destinythegame.com/buy

So if another expansion was to come out you've got another £60 purchase for half the stuff you already have? Is that right?
    No, not right. I'm not sure on exact pricing in pounds because I'm American, but if you already have the game, a new Destiny expansion is typically half to 2/3 the cost of a bundle that includes everything.
  • ShokuPanMikeShokuPanMike153,218
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 08:43Permalink
    Jack the Ripper for AC: Syndicate without the season pass was one I was waiting for, so that's made my day. I was also waiting for Valley of the Yetis which was on sale a couple of week ago which I snapped up. I mentioned both of those around the time of the Christmas sale, about the fact they weren't included but have since appeared. Cheers!

Dubs187 said:
    mkdfan1990 said:
    All this Forza Horizon stuff and still no Hoonigan pack on sale on its own.
    I've been waiting forever as well for hoonigan stand alone sale.
    Yes, this is the one I want most. Every week since the release I've been checking but we're still waiting. It has to go on sale at some point even if it's the week before it gets removed from the store.
    I know it's a fair price anyway but it's the principle. They gave it away free for Horizon 3 players if you pre-ordered Forza Motorsport 7 but I was right to be sceptical about paying full price for FM7 because many were complaining about problems when it got released. It's a better game now after the changes they've made but there's been no dlc. Makes me wonder if there'll be a FM8 this year. They would need to add a lot of new tracks to get me interested but back to topic - perhaps Turn 10 have it in mind that this was a give away so they will only ever charge full price. I hope that's not the case so I'll keep waiting.
    Less work, more play!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.