The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: January 29th, 2019

  • Pare ESPPare ESP1,175,916
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 09:21Permalink
    HolyHalfDead said:
    I highly recommend AC Odyssey Gold for 50% off.

    They still have two thirds of the DLC yet to release, and you get AC3 + Liberation. I feel a little sore that it dropped to half price so soon after release, but I have certainly had my money’s worth and still there is plenty more to come.

    Seeing as I already have AC4:XB1 and with AC3:XB1 on the way, I just grabbed the AC2 Collection in this sale.
    In Spain is 35% off....not fair at all
  • Posted on 29 January 19 at 10:12Permalink
    Living Legends said:
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Never played the ACA games...I know of them by TA reputation only lol..but would like a few opinions on the few that are on sale if you guys would be so kind. Is $4 still too much for this type of {#}game{#} I've never considered getting that at their typical price..I dunno maybe I should continue to say away from them? Thanks for any and all help! toast
    My eyes burn when i play one. Still recovering from last months binge
    Sooo ur saying I should not get em? 😂
    Matthew
  • Throni360Throni3601,187,904
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 10:19Permalink
    So glad I didn't buy KoF95 two weeks ago with my leftover credit.
  • DiegoTanDiegoTan233,026
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 10:43Permalink
    Assassins, assassins everywhere... I smell an Assassin game in games with gold?
    Yatta!
  • ViggenxpViggenxp20,714
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 11:52Permalink
    When will Destiny 2 Forsaken get a decent price? What they ask I rather buy another full game than a DLC
  • Solo Wing 82Solo Wing 82927,335
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 12:14Permalink
    I may just get aca king of fighters 95 but I don't really need it, already got 94, and 2001, but, for the sake of my Razer Atrox arcade stick, I may as well just grab it.
    I love that arcade stick, but its not compatible with all xbox one games, for example, the mega man games don't work on it and even pacman, or super hydorah don't work. The aca neogeo games work, and raiden v, and offcourse the fighting games.
    The stick does work on every xbox 360 backwards compatible title, but not on xbox 360 consoles.

    This should be picked up by most indie developers, like locomalito, as we need compatibility with arcade sticks. I also own the Hori rap pro v, but its the same as Atrox, however that stick does work fine on 360 consoles too.

    only the cheap psx stick from aliexpress, or the venom, which both require a controller hooked up to the stick, work with all xbox one games. But the Atrox and hori sticks are far more accurate.

    I just wanted to say all that
  • Solo Wing 82Solo Wing 82927,335
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 12:20Permalink
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Never played the ACA games...I know of them by TA reputation only lol..but would like a few opinions on the few that are on sale if you guys would be so kind. Is $4 still too much for this type of "game" I've never considered getting that at their typical price..I dunno maybe I should continue to say away from them? Thanks for any and all help! toast
    Its all up to you man, iv got around 40 of those neo geo games, of which only 5 or 6 were on sale before. but I used cheap gift cards to buy the rest. I don't even buy them for achievements, else id have bought them all, I just got the good shmups and beat em ups. I absolutely love arcade games, and acquired a few arcade sticks to play them. In my opinion, playing those games , or any fighting game, with a arcade stick, coming from playing with a controller, is like its blowing new life into your games man. its just the feel of the stick, and the buttons, and that big heavy box on your lap. I love it. You could just try it for 4$. Its not like were talking big money here
  • LockieLockie293,089
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 12:56Permalink
    Dubs187 said:
    mkdfan1990 said:
    All this Forza Horizon stuff and still no Hoonigan pack on sale on its own.
    I've been waiting forever as well for hoonigan stand alone sale.
    Same here. I still have FH3 installed on my hard drive purely because of waiting for this damn DLC which I refuse to pay full price for. laugh
    Posting from sunny Australia.
  • FEEDtheBEA5TFEEDtheBEA5T706,824
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 13:02Permalink
    The Manic Moose said:
    FEEDtheBEA5T said:
    wonder if LA Noire will ever go for $ 9.99 or less...
    I would expect it to, you might get lucky going into a local store somewhere as I went into Tesco (supermarket in the UK) and saw it for £7.50 and bought it. Haven't started yet but was a bit of a bargain.
    I really liked this game on 360, but just updating it to xb1, I dont thnk $20.00 is a good sale point for this game to replay. (IMO) Thanks for the idea of checking out local stores, because as of late I have just been getting the digital copies.

    Are these ACA games worth buying to play? they seem like 1.99 windows phone games.
    FEEDtheBEA5T (ROWDY)
  • BasileusBasileus180,566
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 13:18Permalink
    The Hoonigan Car Pack for FH3 was never on sale alone... I'm afraid someday I will get weak and buy it full-price. roll
  • CRUM LEECRUM LEE440,255
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 13:45Permalink
    Looking for opinions on:

    Runestone Keeper
    I Am the Hero
  • Posted on 29 January 19 at 14:04Permalink
    Goes without saying that the Assassin's Creed Origins DLC would go on sale the day after I finally folded and bought it.
  • crewdy4923crewdy4923493,811
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 14:11Permalink
    zeldafanjtl said:
    crewdy4923 said:
    From what I gather, Forsaken effectively replaces the original base game and gives you access to all the pre-existing content?
    No, Forsaken is an expansion. You still need the base game, though the base game is no longer sold by itself digitally, so if you don't already have it, you'll have to buy one of the Forsaken bundles.

    Forsaken does include Expansions I and II, as well.

    There's also the annual pass, which requires the base game + Forsaken, and gets access to smaller, mini-expansions. I skipped it because none of that content has extra achievements.

    The official website explains the various bundles better than Xbox.com does. https://www.destinythegame.com/buy

    So if another expansion was to come out you've got another £60 purchase for half the stuff you already have? Is that right?
    No, not right. I'm not sure on exact pricing in pounds because I'm American, but if you already have the game, a new Destiny expansion is typically half to 2/3 the cost of a bundle that includes everything.
    Brill Thanks!! The website definitely explains it a lot better.

    So I'd get the Forsaken Collection this time around, and then just the individual expansion next time, if another one is released.

    I played some at EGX last year and enjoyed it, so will probably think about picking it up this time around for me and my brother to play :)
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1174,775
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 15:47Permalink
    crewdy4923 said:
    zeldafanjtl said:
    crewdy4923 said:
    From what I gather, Forsaken effectively replaces the original base game and gives you access to all the pre-existing content?
    No, Forsaken is an expansion. You still need the base game, though the base game is no longer sold by itself digitally, so if you don't already have it, you'll have to buy one of the Forsaken bundles.

    Forsaken does include Expansions I and II, as well.

    There's also the annual pass, which requires the base game + Forsaken, and gets access to smaller, mini-expansions. I skipped it because none of that content has extra achievements.

    The official website explains the various bundles better than Xbox.com does. https://www.destinythegame.com/buy

    So if another expansion was to come out you've got another £60 purchase for half the stuff you already have? Is that right?
    No, not right. I'm not sure on exact pricing in pounds because I'm American, but if you already have the game, a new Destiny expansion is typically half to 2/3 the cost of a bundle that includes everything.
    Brill Thanks!! The website definitely explains it a lot better.

    So I'd get the Forsaken Collection this time around, and then just the individual expansion next time, if another one is released.

    I played some at EGX last year and enjoyed it, so will probably think about picking it up this time around for me and my brother to play :)
    I'd say that you would be better off buying the full game after they release all the "DLC". I completed the base game in the first month or so, and will go back in year 3 when the full game will be available.
  • The NotoThe Noto340,326
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 15:56Permalink
    Everytime I click on a link, I go to the Japanese version of the Microsoft store, and I can't seem to go to the US one. Any idea how to fix this?
  • FEEDtheBEA5TFEEDtheBEA5T706,824
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 16:17Permalink
    The Noto said:
    Everytime I click on a link, I go to the Japanese version of the Microsoft store, and I can't seem to go to the US one. Any idea how to fix this?
    I used to have same problem, but I took the Godzilla movie out of the console drive and it worked after that. laugh
    FEEDtheBEA5T (ROWDY)
  • Posted on 29 January 19 at 16:23Permalink
    Is Pool Nation any good? How does it compare to Pure Pool?
  • J4CKA1J4CKA1174,775
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 16:34Permalink
    TheGreatKoala said:
    Is Pool Nation any good? How does it compare to Pure Pool?
    I keep wanting to play it, but other stuff has gotten in the way. IF you play it let us know!
  • Posted on 29 January 19 at 16:39Permalink
    J4CKA1 said:
    TheGreatKoala said:
    Is Pool Nation any good? How does it compare to Pure Pool?
    I keep wanting to play it, but other stuff has gotten in the way. IF you play it let us know!
    Yeah will do. The price might be worth me just trying it out.
  • Quantium GQuantium G111,246
    Posted on 29 January 19 at 16:42Permalink
    I'd easily get The Ezio Trilogy, even though I have all 3 on 360, just to play through them again, but I'm turned away from all the negative reviews on the upgraded quality. Meh. Atleast 20xx is on sale, yay! Wasn't there a Forza 3&4 bundle coming up soon?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.