The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: January 29th, 2019

AuthorMessage
CHERRY CHEERIOS
Posted on 29 January 19 at 16:43
Finally, AC Rogue Remastered is on sale! I've almost bought it probably three times never but never pulled the trigger. Definitely picking this one up, finally.
I brake for Hulking Phase Beasts!
lSoNl
lSoNl
Posted on 29 January 19 at 16:47
TheMaize said:
Finally AC rogue is on sale.
Still expensive. But could take years before it goes on sale again, if ever.
The 360 Version will be free this month with GWG
By lSoNl
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 29 January 19 at 17:20
Viggenxp said:
When will Destiny 2 Forsaken get a decent price? What they ask I rather buy another full game than a DLC
Newegg has had the physical version (base game disc + Forsaken download code) for $20 on at least two ocassions. That’s how I picked it up.

Don’t hold your breath for the DLC alone to ever go on sale. Rise of Iron never did. (And is Rise of Iron alone no longer available? Can’t seem to find a page to buy it on Xbox.com.)
xMANNY FRE5Hx
xMANNY FRE5Hx
Posted on 29 January 19 at 17:48
20XX is nice buy if you enjoy tight responsive platforming with online co-op. Ton's of replayability.

It's essentially a roguelite megaman x with superior gameplay.

I honestly didn't mind paying full price for it, devs deserve it.

In my opinion not an easy completion though..
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 29 January 19 at 17:52
zeldafanjtl said:
(And is Rise of Iron alone no longer available? Can’t seem to find a page to buy it on Xbox.com.)
Nope. You can get TTK separately but not ROI. "The Complete Collection" [read: the full game that was chopped up to make more money] is available and looks to be the only way to ensure you have Rise of Iron items and activities.
Calrethi
Calrethi
Posted on 29 January 19 at 18:11
BulletLukey said:
TheMaize said:
RadiantViper said:
zeldafanjtl said:
I don't think the Odyssey bundles are quite right. Both the Gold and Ultimate Editions include the season pass, and the season pass includes III and Liberation, right? But they're only listed under the Gold Edition.

From the marketplace listing, the only difference between the two versions is Ultimate has some extra clothing/weapons. Is that correct?
Ultimate is basically Deluxe + Gold Edition.
the big sellingpoint for ultimate. was that you would be able to play the game 4-7 days early.
Now i believe gold would be the better purchase, unless you REALLY want those skins
That is correct. Deluxe is Gold but with some extra small stuff that is not important.
When it comes to PR pages, the content tying is all manual. And AC III & Liberation remastered store listings is not live yet. All we know is that it will be in the Season Pass, Gold, and Deluxe.
When it comes to PR tying, it can only be tied to something with a Title ID - which means Bundles & Games. Season passes do not have title ids. (Something that will need tweaking someday due to issues like this).
So when tying III & Liberation PR pages to a store listing, I had the option between Gold & Deluxe, and Gold is the cheaper option, so I went with that. So that is why Deluxe doesn't list it as included.
For your entire post you used Deluxe when you meant Ultimate.

The deluxe edition is just the base game+ skins
Gold is base game+ season pass
Ultimate is Base Game+ Season Pass+ skins

Season Pass included AC3 and liberation
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 29 January 19 at 20:02
Solo Wing 82 said:
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
Never played the ACA games...I know of them by TA reputation only lol..but would like a few opinions on the few that are on sale if you guys would be so kind. Is $4 still too much for this type of {#}game{#} I've never considered getting that at their typical price..I dunno maybe I should continue to say away from them? Thanks for any and all help! toast
Its all up to you man, iv got around 40 of those neo geo games, of which only 5 or 6 were on sale before. but I used cheap gift cards to buy the rest. I don't even buy them for achievements, else id have bought them all, I just got the good shmups and beat em ups. I absolutely love arcade games, and acquired a few arcade sticks to play them. In my opinion, playing those games , or any fighting game, with a arcade stick, coming from playing with a controller, is like its blowing new life into your games man. its just the feel of the stick, and the buttons, and that big heavy box on your lap. I love it. You could just try it for 4$. Its not like were talking big money here
Thanks for the fantastic response! So i loove shmups! I didnt know they had some of those..is the flight game one? Havent been able to find footage of the actual gameplay. Thanks again!!
Matthew
o Heres Jonny o
Posted on 29 January 19 at 21:17
Bit of advice if anyone could be so kind.

Want the ACA games but was thinking at some point there may be a bundle for them all. *crosses fingers*

Anyone think this will be the case or shall I grab these while they are on sale.
Happy Gaming
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 29 January 19 at 21:45
J4CKA1 said:
zeldafanjtl said:
(And is Rise of Iron alone no longer available? Can’t seem to find a page to buy it on Xbox.com.)
Nope. You can get TTK separately but not ROI. "The Complete Collection" [read: the full game that was chopped up to make more money] is available and looks to be the only way to ensure you have Rise of Iron items and activities.
That's dumb. The standalone Rise of Iron purchase was available when the expansion first launched.
inphinyte
inphinyte
Posted on 29 January 19 at 22:15
After seeing it on sale so many times I've finally decided to pick up The Ezio Collection. Cheapest it's ever been on the UK store.
BonyXVIII
BonyXVIII
Posted on 29 January 19 at 22:19
Quantium G said:
I'd easily get The Ezio Trilogy, even though I have all 3 on 360, just to play through them again, but I'm turned away from all the negative reviews on the upgraded quality. Meh. Atleast 20xx is on sale, yay! Wasn't there a Forza 3&4 bundle coming up soon?
Dude, I was the same for ages but picked it up when it was on sale pre-christmas and didn't regret it. I pretty much picked it up to play through AC2 again. The graphics were a bit weird initially but turning the brightness up/down (I forget which) made it look better to me anyway.

I say go for it. £8 is a bargain for the 3.
NecroKaiju
NecroKaiju
Posted on 29 January 19 at 23:03
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
Thanks for the fantastic response! So i loove shmups! I didnt know they had some of those..is the flight game one? Havent been able to find footage of the actual gameplay. Thanks again!!
I found a clip of it via Google https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD0FnGT8Sao

Hope that helps.
Streets Ahead
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 29 January 19 at 23:16
XenomorphFiend said:
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
I found a clip of it via Google https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD0FnGT8Sao

Hope that helps.
Oh that looks fun actually! Like retro Sky Force. Thanks, m8ght actually pick this one up then. Hard to tell if its a difficult completion or not. From what ive read with regards to ACA games theyre either crazy easy or crazy hard..hmm🤔
Matthew
Inspector 74
Inspector 74
Posted on 30 January 19 at 00:45
So so very much Assassins Creed but no Odysee season pass goddarn mofos!!!!!! Come on I reeeeeeeally wannit Ubi come look ile give go as high as £20 odd quid alright yorself a sale at £22 deal??? Yeah 20xxx looks awesome as well ive been contemplating that lil beauty for a while now eh??? Hmmmm
PistolMcAwesome
Posted on 30 January 19 at 04:17
Might go ahead and buy Odyssey. I've been playing through it on my PS4 and I love it so I figured I'd play through as Kassandra on the XBone since I've been playing as Alexios on my PS4.
XBox Assassin83
Posted on 30 January 19 at 08:58
If you don't own The Ezio Collection, that's a whole lot of really great gaming for 20.00. I got it 2 years ago for 30.00 and felt like it was worth every penny, so this is a no brainer.
Bleeding Jemusu
Posted on 30 January 19 at 14:13
Neogeo games on sale? What kind of universe am I in?
buttmudBrooks
buttmudBrooks
Posted on 30 January 19 at 16:32, Edited on 30 January 19 at 16:33 by buttmudBrooks
FEEDtheBEA5T said:
wonder if LA Noire will ever go for $ 9.99 or less...
Don't you dare!
I finally picked it up after I think all 3 major sales of late 2018 seeing it for half price and deliberating on it until the sale ended. If it goes on sale for $10 I will think angry thoughts because I know I'm not even going to get around to it this year...

Also, the Ezio Collection in the US is $20 this time rather than the $15 it was for the Christmas/Holiday sale. Should've got it then.
Always number 2.
IKV91
IKV91
Posted on 30 January 19 at 19:13
How hard are the ACA games? I bought a couple last time they were on sale and I had a really tough time perfecting the fighting games.
Brynjolf
ThawtPolice
ThawtPolice
Posted on 31 January 19 at 06:42
Sweet! I buy games consistently a year or more after release, so picking up all the addons for Horizon 3 on that deep of a sale really just helped me save a decent bit of dosh.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.