The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: January 29th, 2019

AuthorMessage
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 31 January 19 at 09:04, Edited on 31 January 19 at 09:04 by zeldafanjtl
IKV91 said:
How hard are the ACA games? I bought a couple last time they were on sale and I had a really tough time perfecting the fighting games.
There are 169 titles (see Arcade Archives Series) so I'm not sure you can accurately make a general statement about all of them. My impression is that they're mostly easy, but there's a few here and there that are pretty hard.
SilentJay76
SilentJay76
Posted on 31 January 19 at 11:23, Edited on 31 January 19 at 11:24 by SilentJay76
buttmudBrooks said:
FEEDtheBEA5T said:
wonder if LA Noire will ever go for $ 9.99 or less...
Don't you dare!
I finally picked it up after I think all 3 major sales of late 2018 seeing it for half price and deliberating on it until the sale ended. If it goes on sale for $10 I will think angry thoughts because I know I'm not even going to get around to it this year...
Virtually every game will go on sale for <$10 at some point. Especially a remaster of a game from 2011. Better start practicing those angry thoughts. wink
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 01 February 19 at 18:54
Why is the AC: Origins season pass $27.99 and the two DLCs are $20 separately?
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 01 February 19 at 19:00, Edited on 01 February 19 at 19:00 by Shinnizle
J4CKA1 said:
Because it also includes these:
Roman Centurion Pack
Horus Pack
Calamity Blade
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 01 February 19 at 19:10
Shinnizle said:
J4CKA1 said:
Because it also includes these:
Roman Centurion Pack
Horus Pack
Calamity Blade
Ah. OK thanks.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 01 February 19 at 23:23
Yeah, kind of a problem with the TA scanner. Only DLC that TA recognizes (which usually means only stuff with achievements) usually gets picked up. These threads are nice because they usually go up before MajorNelson.com's posts do, but once he posts I go straight to the source.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 02 February 19 at 12:18, Edited on 02 February 19 at 12:40 by HolyHalfDead
zeldafanjtl said:
These threads are nice because they usually go up before MajorNelson.com's posts do, but once he posts I go straight to the source.
MajorNelson is not the source - he (or rather his lackey) is simply reposting what is currently on sale in the US (usually with a few mistakes and omissions), and how much the discounts are in US Dollars - not much good if you don't live in the US. And MajorNelson doesn't even attempt to detail what is included in a Season Pass or a Deluxe Edition.

At least on TA we try and accommodate some people that don't live in the US with the sale prices in their region.

The reason those three add-ons without achievements for AC Origins were not picked up is because they are not on sale this week. Add-ons without achievements that are on sale are picked up by the scanners - for example Assassin's Creed Unity - Secrets of the Revolution

This is the official source that MajorNelson gets the latest deals from - https://www.xbox.com/en-US/promotions/sales/sales-and-specia...
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Fury87
Fury87
Posted on 02 February 19 at 12:57, Edited on 02 February 19 at 12:57 by Fury87
HolyHalfDead said:
zeldafanjtl said:
These threads are nice because they usually go up before MajorNelson.com's posts do, but once he posts I go straight to the source.
MajorNelson is not the source - he (or rather his lackey) is simply reposting what is currently on sale in the US (usually with a few mistakes and omissions), and how much the discounts are in US Dollars - not much good if you don't live in the US. And MajorNelson doesn't even attempt to detail what is included in a Season Pass or a Deluxe Edition.

At least on TA we try and accommodate some people that don't live in the US with the sale prices in their region.

The reason those three add-ons without achievements for AC Origins were not picked up is because they are not on sale this week. Add-ons without achievements that are on sale are picked up by the scanners - for example Assassin's Creed Unity - Secrets of the Revolution

This is the official source that MajorNelson gets the latest deals from - https://www.xbox.com/en-US/promotions/sales/sales-and-specia...
I'm curious and it sounds like you know what you are talking about (plus I remember how great your blog was before TA started getting the sale lists early), how come TA doesn't list the sales or GwG for Japan? I understand the sales are much smaller than what a lot of other countries receive but I was wondering if there was another reason? There is a handful of JP titles I would like to buy for the one but would prefer to get them on sale but I don't know of an easy way to check them.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 02 February 19 at 13:24, Edited on 02 February 19 at 13:34 by HolyHalfDead
Fury87 said:
I'm curious and it sounds like you know what you are talking about (plus I remember how great your blog was before TA started getting the sale lists early), how come TA doesn't list the sales or GwG for Japan? I understand the sales are much smaller than what a lot of other countries receive but I was wondering if there was another reason? There is a handful of JP titles I would like to buy for the one but would prefer to get them on sale but I don't know of an easy way to check them.
Thanks, it's nice to be remembered. Even though in the days of the Xbox 360 we didn't have many people from Japan on the TA site, the games from Japan were of interest to gamers from other countries as they often had stackable achievement lists and some exclusive games, as you know. At that time we did list Japan prices, as well as Germany for the same reasons. The Game Information team would manually gather the sale prices from 7 regions and add them to the site. And the News team couldn't create the sale news item until we had finished.

Whilst it would be nice to list the prices in more currencies (I for one would love to have New Zealand added), it would put additional load on the scanners - which will get blocked if we hammer xbox.com too hard.

So it was a trade off over the increasing number of hours it would take to get all the prices of the ever growing sales on to the site (and I created my blog post as I typed the prices in), versus an automated solution that allows us to get the sales news items published much quicker.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Throni360
Throni360
Posted on 02 February 19 at 15:42
HolyHalfDead said:
So it was a trade off over the increasing number of hours it would take to get all the prices of the ever growing sales on to the site (and I created my blog post as I typed the prices in), versus an automated solution that allows us to get the sales news items published much quicker.
People from those regions usually comment additional and region specific sales and the sales list gets an update. The current system works.

I also remember your blog. Good times.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 03 February 19 at 21:25
When it says 1 day left (like it does right now), does that mean today, or tomorrow is the 1 day?
Living Legends
Posted on 03 February 19 at 21:34, Edited on 03 February 19 at 21:34 by Living Legends
For me it always ends at 2 am PST which is 10am gmt. Tuesday morning
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 03 February 19 at 23:58
J4CKA1 said:
When it says 1 day left (like it does right now), does that mean today, or tomorrow is the 1 day?
I believe when it says 1 day you have at least 24hrs. In my experience once it drops below the 24 hr mark you'll see an actual countdown up until the last second it's available. Hope this helps toast
Matthew
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 04 February 19 at 00:17
That definitely helps. Thanks!
Fury87
Fury87
Posted on 04 February 19 at 00:46
HolyHalfDead said:
Fury87 said:
Thanks, it's nice to be remembered. Even though in the days of the Xbox 360 we didn't have many people from Japan on the TA site, the games from Japan were of interest to gamers from other countries as they often had stackable achievement lists and some exclusive games, as you know. At that time we did list Japan prices, as well as Germany for the same reasons. The Game Information team would manually gather the sale prices from 7 regions and add them to the site. And the News team couldn't create the sale news item until we had finished.

Whilst it would be nice to list the prices in more currencies (I for one would love to have New Zealand added), it would put additional load on the scanners - which will get blocked if we hammer xbox.com too hard.

Thanks for explaining that, it makes a lot of sense to me now toast
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 04 February 19 at 02:27
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
J4CKA1 said:
I believe when it says 1 day you have at least 24hrs. In my experience once it drops below the 24 hr mark you'll see an actual countdown up until the last second it's available. Hope this helps toast
I wish they retro fitted that to the Xbox 360 store. There has never been any way of knowing when a sale will finish, and whilst you can assume "next Tuesday" that is not always the case.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 04 February 19 at 05:45
HolyHalfDead said:
I wish they retro fitted that to the Xbox 360 store. There has never been any way of knowing when a sale will finish, and whilst you can assume "next Tuesday" that is not always the case.
Aside from holiday season sales, when else are there sales that aren't on the regular schedule?
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 04 February 19 at 12:04, Edited on 04 February 19 at 12:07 by HolyHalfDead
zeldafanjtl said:
HolyHalfDead said:
I wish they retro fitted that to the Xbox 360 store. There has never been any way of knowing when a sale will finish, and whilst you can assume {#}next Tuesday{#} that is not always the case.
Aside from holiday season sales, when else are there sales that aren't on the regular schedule?
Last week for example the Command and Conquer games were half price from Friday to Monday to celebrate them being added to BC. That sale ended 24 hours before the DwG and DotW sales finished. Weekend sales are not uncommon on the Free to Play weekend games. Other sales can last 2 weeks or more.
J4CKA1
J4CKA1
Posted on 04 February 19 at 12:13
HolyHalfDead said:
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
J4CKA1 said:
Good luck getting them to retro anything for the 360 other than making games BC. I haven't been able to get on the 360 servers since thursday.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 04 February 19 at 20:50
Any thoughts on Fumiko or Harpys feathers??
Matthew
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.