Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Resident Evil 2 Walkthrough Discussion

• Posted on 30 January 19 at 11:45Permalink
    Please use this thread to discuss the Resident Evil 2 walkthrough
  • MatadorBIDMatadorBID74,050
    Posted on 31 January 19 at 16:55Permalink
    Are the puzzles and item locations identical to the original? If not, is there a need to highlight the differences?
    Rip and tear, until it is done.
  • Posted on 31 January 19 at 17:03, Edited on 31 January 19 at 17:05 by thunderkiss92Permalink
    MatadorBID said:
    Are the puzzles and item locations identical to the original? If not, is there a need to highlight the differences?
    There are a lot of differences, not just in the puzzle solutions but in the entire game itself. I might mention it here and there within the guide but the walkthrough will be pretty straightforward (treating it like a brand new entry in the series).

This is my third walkthrough, I'll be very thorough just as I was in the other two.
  • Marine1TenMarine1Ten272,738
    Posted on 31 January 19 at 21:10Permalink
    Tx for working on a walkthrough! :) My vision probs can make a walkthrough helpful for completion. Purchased for the X but am wondering if PC would be a best choice for me; however, the disk box says enhanced for Xbox One X, so will go with that.
    Semper Fi
  • Posted on 31 January 19 at 21:24Permalink
    Marine1Ten said:
    Tx for working on a walkthrough! :) My vision probs can make a walkthrough helpful for completion. Purchased for the X but am wondering if PC would be a best choice for me; however, the disk box says enhanced for Xbox One X, so will go with that.
    Gotta have those enhanced graphics! rock
  • Posted on 10 February 19 at 10:01Permalink
    If you need any help/advice with the walkthrough, feel free to contact me.
  • Posted on 11 February 19 at 04:12Permalink
    Thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind.
  • Posted on 12 April 19 at 02:37Permalink
    To anyone interested in how the walkthrough is going, I'm making steady progress. I'm trying to write every few days (at a minimum), been playing through the game on an alternate tag. I am happy with how it's looking so far and can't wait to get it finished/published! smile
  • PuddleOfStixPuddleOfStix164,464
    Posted on 24 April 19 at 16:26Permalink
    Slightly off-topic, but anyone know what the newest update was for? Can't wait til the guide is finished to give the game a ninth playthrough laugh
  • Posted on 25 April 19 at 01:13Permalink
    I looked it up, it's just a small patch to fix minor bugs.

Yeah, gotta love all those playthroughs!
  • Posted on 13 May 19 at 17:34Permalink
    are u almost nearly there :)
  • Posted on 19 May 19 at 23:34Permalink
    Making progress, sometimes slower than I'd like, but still moving towards completion! I won't estimate a completion time or anything like that because I don't want to let anyone down, but it's coming along nicely. smile
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 July 19 at 10:12Permalink
    Hey have you finished the walkthrough yet? as I am waiting so I can start the game so I don't miss any achievements in the game
  • Posted on 02 July 19 at 01:38Permalink
    I'm making steady progress, but not finished yet. I was writing in it yesterday. I always volunteer for these RE guides thinking I'll have them finished and published a lot sooner than I actually get them finished and published, but there's always so much to put into the guides, different playthroughs and requirements for those playthroughs, etc.

I will say, though, that I'm happy with how it's coming along. It's on par with my other Resident Evil walkthroughs. With that being said, I'm being very thorough and it's taking more time than I anticipated. I really appreciate you and everyone else being so patient about it, and I'm sorry if it's holding you back from starting the game. I've been playing through on a dummy tag. I'm holding back my own completion until I get the guide nearly done, so I can relate to what you're saying.

Once it's done, I think you guys will be pleased with the final result. People seemed happy with the other Resident Evil walkthroughs I've written in the past, and those took awhile to write, too. smile
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 August 19 at 10:11Permalink
    Is it done yet? sorry for nagging lol
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,138,983
    Posted on 02 August 19 at 16:58Permalink
    It hasn't been submitted for review yet, so it's not quite done. I'll post here when it's in review if the owner doesn't.
  • Posted on 04 August 19 at 02:12Permalink
    It's not done yet Kira, but I'm still working hard on it and making steady progress. No harm in asking, just please be patient with me as I work on it. It always takes me longer than I'd like to get these things published. I'm putting a lot of detail/effort into it, so I like to think it'll be worth the wait for you and everyone else that uses it in the future.
  • Its DanIts Dan290,954
    Posted on 17 August 19 at 08:46Permalink
    Class, I am gonna pick this up for Christmas so I can wait for the guide.

Quick question though as I can't find an answer. The DLC where you get all the unlockables like unlimited ammo etc, does this void achievements?
  • Posted on 17 August 19 at 14:57Permalink
    Its Dan said:
    Class, I am gonna pick this up for Christmas so I can wait for the guide.

Quick question though as I can't find an answer. The DLC where you get all the unlockables like unlimited ammo etc, does this void achievements?
    As far as I can tell, they do not. As you know, it's really just a shortcut to unlocking rewards that the game already gives you if you can get the requirements, like beating the game within three hours or so to get the infinite ammo. If you buy the DLC you're bypassing the requirements but it shouldn't affect the achievements. They did the same thing with Resident Evil 7. Just be careful on the S Rank achievements, using special weapons/items docks the rank down to S automatically, rather than S+ for playing through with all vanilla items. S is enough for the achievements, though, so unless you want the higher rank you should be fine.
  • Posted on 07 September 19 at 16:27Permalink
    I've got an update for you guys. I'm playing through the guide on my actual tag and proofreading it, really happy with how it's turning out. I spent nearly all of my free time over the long holiday weekend writing and editing, did some editing throughout the week, and I'll be putting a lot of time into it this weekend, too. Trying to avoid completing any games until the walkthrough is done, which is helping me to focus on it a bit more.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.