Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Restless Dreams: The Important Past and Uncertain Future of Silent Hill

AuthorMessage
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 01 February 19 at 09:27
Silent Hill, the forgotten brother of Resident Evil, deserves to be remastered or rebooted in the latest console era.

For me, I'd prefer to see a lot of games come out of hiding:

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem for the GameCube deserves to be played by more than its original base. The game had a freakin' sanity meter.

Redneck Rampage on the original PC DOS days needs a remaster. That game was basically Duke Nukem but a lot more redneck...

Full Throttle on PC DOS, that game was an amazing point and click adventure and oozed style with an awesome soundtrack from The Gone Jackals.

We are slowly seeing games making a comeback, I mean, look at ToeJam & Earl and Battletoads, both due to get new games. Another one that deserves a sequel is Conker's Bad Fur Day...
There is always a way.
GuilhermeMTr
GuilhermeMTr
Posted on 01 February 19 at 11:29
Perfect Text, congratulations.

Could not agree more.

I would use the same words as they are also valid for Dino Crisis I and II and Parasite Eve I and II. Relaunching this games would be perfect for players and for sales.
mer0u1
mer0u1
Posted on 01 February 19 at 11:37, Edited on 01 February 19 at 11:41 by mer0u1
The Noto said:
Man, I would kill for Silent Hill to be remastered. I don't really want a remake. I'd like one more akin to Resident Evil RE than the new Resident Evil 2 (not that anything is wrong with that game).
The very first Silent Hill's been already remastered in the past. It's called Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. You could find it on Wii, PS2 and even PSP. Actually, the game is pretty good and offers a new kind of gameplay, borrowing a torchlight system needing batteries to work properly. It has some differences with the original and you can visit new places. But, nowadays, it's not that common to find.
Do or do not. There is no try.
HuwCW87
HuwCW87
Posted on 01 February 19 at 12:42
My favourite horror game series is project zero (fatal frame depending on where your from)
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 01 February 19 at 12:54
HuwCW87 said:
My favourite horror game series is project zero (fatal frame depending on where your from)
I've heard so many good things about this series but never had the opportunity to play any of them unfortunately
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
gobey17
gobey17
Posted on 01 February 19 at 13:34
Loved SH2. The first for some reason I never got around to playing properly so would like to play it, especially a remake. Didn't care much for 3 and 4 though.

Would love Forbidden Siren 1 and 2 over on xbox. And a remaster of RE Outbreak!
HuwCW87
HuwCW87
Posted on 01 February 19 at 14:10
ChewieOnIce said:
HuwCW87 said:
I've heard so many good things about this series but never had the opportunity to play any of them unfortunately
They're very good, if you do ever get the chance don't bother with the wii ones, they remade the second one for the wii and replaced all the Japanese voice actors with American ones, it was very weird and unnecessary considering the original voice actors were all speaking English anyway, put me off the game and I couldn't finish it.
upsonmatthew
upsonmatthew
Posted on 01 February 19 at 15:15, Edited on 01 February 19 at 15:16 by upsonmatthew
HuwCW87 said:
ChewieOnIce said:
HuwCW87 said:
They're very good, if you do ever get the chance don't bother with the wii ones, they remade the second one for the wii and replaced all the Japanese voice actors with American ones, it was very weird and unnecessary considering the original voice actors were all speaking English anyway, put me off the game and I couldn't finish it.
Just to note they weren't Japanese voice actors as such but a group of English speakers living in Japan that did regular work on Konami, Capcom, SEGA and From Software games and most likely others I can't remember. Which is why the English was pretty decent. Donna Burke was part of that group and is most likely where she came in contact with Kojima originally.
HuwCW87
HuwCW87
Posted on 01 February 19 at 15:46
upsonmatthew said:
HuwCW87 said:
ChewieOnIce said:
HuwCW87 said:
Just to note they weren't Japanese voice actors as such but a group of English speakers living in Japan that did regular work on Konami, Capcom, SEGA and From Software games and most likely others I can't remember. Which is why the English was pretty decent. Donna Burke was part of that group and is most likely where she came in contact with Kojima originally.
In the original project zero 2 the 2 main characters were voiced by Akemi kanda and Ayako kawasumi, for the wii version they were replaced by Daphne Alexander and Patricia Gannon, it was weird, also Donna Burke was not in project zero, also I'm now confused, I don't think you read our comments properly and you are talking about silent Hill...we were talking about project zero lol I just typed all this out and then re-read your comment and saw your mention Kojima.
drewby05
drewby05
Posted on 02 February 19 at 01:43
Maw N Paw said:
Silent Hill, the forgotten brother of Resident Evil, deserves to be remastered or rebooted in the latest console era.

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem for the GameCube deserves to be played by more than its original base. The game had a freakin' sanity meter.

Hot Dayum I loved this game. It caused me to jump once or twice. Still have it with a hope to go back to it one day just because.
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 02 February 19 at 09:51
drewby05 said:
Maw N Paw said:

Hot Dayum I loved this game. It caused me to jump once or twice. Still have it with a hope to go back to it one day just because.
I have vague memories of playing a bit of that at a friend’s house and loving it but I didn’t have a GameCube so never got it myself. Would be cool if it could get a port now but with the death of Silicon Knights I’d imagine that’s unlikely.
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.