Community Events Forum

Forum for the Hangman Contest

TA Hangman discussion thread

AuthorMessage
penguinsplay12
Posted on 10 February 19 at 11:02
Just finished as well! It was a long phrase with easy letters. Managed to complete it with no mistakes. But I never saw my hangman :(
I should have gotten a wrong letter. Damn :p
DrMmmPie
DrMmmPie
Posted on 10 February 19 at 18:06
So I know what my phrase is, Still have a few more letters to get in it, But I don't know the person who said it. Meaning I don't know where it comes from either. According to my wife who looked it up. has told me I may have played the game in the series, which is more frustrating, that I should know what it is.
This post might contain spelling mistakes, I'm a dyslexia. Also this may have a different opinion to yours.
SCVidiot
SCVidiot
Posted on 10 February 19 at 19:06
I had quite a bit of fun with this challenge! It allowed me to stack a game from one of my favorite franchises...but, more importantly, my 7 year old nephew and I had a lot of fun working through it with two other games...Thanks for another fun challenge!
Billargh
Billargh
Posted on 10 February 19 at 19:55
Kinda sucks that you only get one shot at this.
Tropan
Tropan
Posted on 10 February 19 at 22:49
Billargh said:
So said by every hanged person
3 Aussies talking about gaming, gamerscore and news! http://realgamerscore.com/
Billargh
Billargh
Posted on 10 February 19 at 23:21
Tropan said:
Billargh said:
Ah absolutely. I think I read the FAQ wrong and assumed you got multiple attempts with the phrase changing each time.
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 11 February 19 at 01:40
I started the challenge a few days ago and then forgot about it, didn't unlock any achievement until yesterday and only remembered when I unlocked a 'c' achievement and thought that was very specific. Was the only strike I got, finished today. Thanks for the challenge!
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 11 February 19 at 05:01
Tropan said:
Billargh said:
https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/027/763/07B...
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 11 February 19 at 05:25
It's interesting to see the stats for the most popular games being played for this challenge. As with the Christmas challenge, I completed it without using any of the top games.

My games are:
1. JackQuest (I started the challenge, wasn't specifically going for it, but the first four achievements I unlocked from this game all worked for the phrase, so I got lucky)
2. Heroes Trials
3. MS Wordament for Android
4. Persian Nights
5. Telltale Batman 2
6. AC Black Flag

As I said previously, love my phrase. I got to three lives left only because I wasn't really bothered - I wanted to keep my streak alive so I just sacrifice a life every morning on a random achievement before I head out for work.
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 11 February 19 at 06:15
neeker75 said:
It's interesting to see the stats for the most popular games being played for this challenge. As with the Christmas challenge, I completed it without using any of the top games.

My games are:
1. JackQuest (I started the challenge, wasn't specifically going for it, but the first four achievements I unlocked from this game all worked for the phrase, so I got lucky)
2. Heroes Trials
3. MS Wordament for Android
4. Persian Nights
5. Telltale Batman 2
6. AC Black Flag

As I said previously, love my phrase. I got to three lives left only because I wasn't really bothered - I wanted to keep my streak alive so I just sacrifice a life every morning on a random achievement before I head out for work.
According to the stats page the top three games are Halo MCC, Access Denied and Kingdom Hearts 3z
neeker75
neeker75
Posted on 11 February 19 at 06:21
The top three games should be phrase-related. Mine are Apex Legends, Access Denied and Kingdom Hearts III.
Hooch Lee
Hooch Lee
Posted on 11 February 19 at 11:06, Edited on 11 February 19 at 11:15 by Hooch Lee
My phrase doesn't have the letter A in it laugh

Edit: And no L facepalm
RiBoP
RiBoP
Posted on 11 February 19 at 13:19, Edited on 11 February 19 at 13:19 by RiBoP
Don't know if this is mentioned already but it would be nice to be able to pause the challenge. I see now that my daughter is playing Just Dance 2019 under my account and has already cost me 2 lives laugh

RiBoP
SuperSnackhaas
Posted on 11 February 19 at 13:56
How do you search for an achievement with a specific letter?
RiBoP
RiBoP
Posted on 11 February 19 at 14:01, Edited on 11 February 19 at 14:01 by RiBoP
SuperSnackhaas said:
Just add ?firstchar=A
trueachievements.com/gamer/SuperSnackhaas/achievements?firstchar=A
SuperSnackhaas
Posted on 11 February 19 at 14:46
RiBoP said:
SuperSnackhaas said:
Just add ?firstchar=A
trueachievements.com/gamer/SuperSnackhaas/achievements?firstchar=A
Thanks!
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 11 February 19 at 16:45
I also think this should be a monthly event. It went by quickly once I figured out the word and it contained several of the same letters, making it easy to obtain when I knew the words. My phrase was long: 5 letters, 2 letters, 4 letters, 8 letters, and 4 letters.
There is always a way.
lightsup55
lightsup55
Posted on 11 February 19 at 17:04
Hooch Lee said:
My phrase doesn't have the letter A in it laugh
Have you tried RSTLNE?
rafa1000house
rafa1000house
Posted on 11 February 19 at 19:49
I didn't expect to have a sentence from a "board" game instead from a "video" game, but Ok, it is a game after all.

My phrase was easy to complete while I played Forza Horizon 3, just one achievement couldn't be avoided (Reach Level 50), so I finished the challenge with 7 lives remaining.
WebMan
WebMan
Posted on 11 February 19 at 23:07
TangerineGamer said:
Shinnizle said:
So glad mine was a Halo reference :D
So glad mine wasn't laugh
+1, my phrase was actually from a non-Xbox game
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.