Xbox One Forum

Forum for Xbox One related discussions

Is it possible to digitally download games you have a disc for? (FH3)

AuthorMessage
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 02 February 19 at 16:36, Edited on 02 February 19 at 16:38 by Wyyvern
Forza Horizon 3 is the problem.

My disc for it hasn't worked since around the end of 2017. By 'not work' I mean that the Xbox still recognises the disc and begins the installation, but it will always stop around 1.86GB. I've tried it on another Xbox and I've gotten the same problem. Looking at the disc there is nothing wrong with it, no scratches or anything, so I don't get what the issue is.

Of course, FH3 had a free play weekend last week. I downloaded it, drove around a bit, and uninstalled after about 15 mins since I've already completed everything. Up until yesterday, when they decided to add another 500GS to the game...

Had I not uninstalled it, I would most likely still have been able to play it after the weekend since I have the disc. It's just the disc fails at installing the game every time. So I was just wondering if there's a way to download a game rather than install it from the disc that's in the drive? Or maybe re-download a game you've downloaded before? Thanks.
Here be dragons.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 02 February 19 at 17:19
Is it in your ready to install list in your 'my games and apps' ?
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Living Legends
Posted on 02 February 19 at 17:26
Go to be games page in store and download it thru there. GTA V was an issue for me as well as overwatch
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 02 February 19 at 21:20
Spilner said:
Is it in your ready to install list in your 'my games and apps' ?
Not under there unfortunately. Should be between FH2 F&F and the FH4 demo, but it's nowhere to be seen.

Living Legends said:
Go to be games page in store and download it thru there. GTA V was an issue for me as well as overwatch
I've tried that. It even says 'Downloading Forza Horizon 3' when on the page, but it's still trying to install from the disc. It doesn't get past 1.86GB and eventually it just comes up with an 'installation stopped' message again.
Here be dragons.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 02 February 19 at 22:07
Try with the disc out?
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
ThreeHaddock62
Posted on 03 February 19 at 01:52, Edited on 03 February 19 at 01:53 by ThreeHaddock62
If you haven't purchased it digitally, I'm afraid not. Had you kept the game data from the free weekend, the would have worked as long as your system at least recognized the disc.

Edit- I don't believe games from free play weekends will show up in his ready to install list.
Hola
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 04 February 19 at 13:41
ThreeHaddock62 said:
If you haven't purchased it digitally, I'm afraid not. Had you kept the game data from the free weekend, the would have worked as long as your system at least recognized the disc.

Edit- I don't believe games from free play weekends will show up in his ready to install list.
Was what I thought. Just irritating they have the free play weekend just a week before they add achievements...never would have deleted it if I knew otherwise.
Here be dragons.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.