Xbox Help Forum

Got a problem with your Xbox? Post it in here, someone might be able to help you

360 keeps telling me my games were accessed from another console...

AuthorMessage
thunderkiss92
thunderkiss92
Posted on 04 February 19 at 00:42
Hey guys, there's something weird going on with my 360.

So I'll go to My Games and start up a game, then get greeted with a message on my screen that says "You last played this on another console. The game or app will restart and use your saved info from the other console."

I haven't used another console to access these games (I rarely use the X1's back compatibility feature because I still have my 360 set up), and I'm positive my account hasn't been compromised. I did change my password, just to be safe.

I rarely use the Cloud so I'm not sure what other info it's trying to load. There's no indication that it's trying to load a Cloud save, either. It restarts the game and all my data is exactly how it was when I left it.

I've cleared the system cache and looked into my storage to make sure there isn't any data corruption, as far as I can tell everything is fine. This doesn't happen on every game, but a few games here and there. Some games are ones I've played recently, others are pretty far back. I've had the message appear twice on one of them. All of the occurences have been with digital titles.

Anyone have any experience with this/know what's going on?
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 04 February 19 at 02:00
On Xbox.com if you go to your account info, then you can see every time someone have/have tried to log in to your account. And their IP and where in the world they are located
thunderkiss92
thunderkiss92
Posted on 04 February 19 at 02:32
Thanks Maize. I went and looked at all the activity and it looks normal.

I ended up turning off the Cloud on my Xbox 360 (I pretty much never used it anyway). I think the message was occurring because of something on Microsoft's side. Something with the Cloud where the saved games were no longer in sync. For whatever reason it was affecting games that I didn't even have Cloud saves in, but whatever. I'll see if that helps things.
HyruleBalverine
Posted on 04 February 19 at 05:44
You can also choose to make any console that your profile may be on to download your profile again to use it (which would require them to enter your password). I'd change my password, too just in case. This should link to the page with the option to require a download: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Profile/Protection?rtc=1
thunderkiss92
thunderkiss92
Posted on 05 February 19 at 21:08
Thanks for the info, Balverine! I did all that stuff when it started happening, but I appreciate you sharing it nonetheless. Better safe than sorry, I think. toast
HyruleBalverine
Posted on 07 February 19 at 09:19
Always glad to help (even if it's info you already had laugh)
toast
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.