Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Trophy Leak: Borderlands Game of the Year Edition Likely Coming Soon

AuthorMessage
ghostlymostly
ghostlymostly
Posted on 05 February 19 at 13:14
no underdome .... ever again.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 05 February 19 at 13:32
Loved this game when it came out but don't think I would ever want to redo all the cheevos.

I have fond memories of cheesing Crawmerax solo and playing the rest of the excellent Knoxx DLC ... less fond memories of grinding out monotonous waves in Moxxi DLC or leaving my console on for hours to get glitchy Claptrap collectibles.
IKV91
IKV91
Posted on 05 February 19 at 13:35
I’ve done the normal and jp version. Not sure I could stomach playing through all of the arenas again.
Brynjolf
ThreeKingdomsR
Posted on 05 February 19 at 13:42
No way. I just got all of my Claptrap collectibles last year. No way in hell am I doing it again :P
SheBeatsYou
SheBeatsYou
Posted on 05 February 19 at 13:50, Edited on 05 February 19 at 13:51 by SheBeatsYou
I tried replaying this when it became GWG n just couldn't get into it the jokes were so outdated n the game felt like riding Jabba the hut down a ski slope. Maybe they fix the controls atleast. Be nice playing online again thou.

And Fk Underdome
DiegoTan
DiegoTan
Posted on 05 February 19 at 14:44
I loved it when it came out, but right now It aged really bad. Also why the **** are they keep re-releasing old games instead of making new ones? Ah, yes, money, silly me. I hate what's happening in the Video Game industry for the last couple of years.

2010+ are the years of reboots, remakes and cheaply made re-releases with a slight touch of mostly bad sequels. Woe us. When will this dark age pass?
Yatta!
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 05 February 19 at 14:51, Edited on 05 February 19 at 15:02 by Stinky Big Buds
I thought this game aged really well, I only played it and completed it a couple of years ago so didn't even do any CooP so basically played it as a SP and I thought it was pretty good.
I'll more than likely pick this up.

Theres no way I would even attempt to get all the achievements in the game though, it would of destroyed the fun for me.

I can't help but feel disappointed at the above comments, i'm sure the pros outweigh the cons but it's another case for me of achievements having a negative affect on gaming. Not liking it because it's not your thing is fine but a lot of people are not gunna play simply because of the achievements involved, just like Bomberman on plus.

Edit: It also depends on the price I suppose on if this works or not, I won't pay £40 for a remaster :P
Kuningatar V
Kuningatar V
Posted on 05 February 19 at 14:58
Nooooooooooooo !! Just finished original game with all claptrap collectibles and bullet sponge bosses. I guess it was mind blowing when it released but these days so many other games does everything sooo much better :(
MaurickShepherd
Posted on 05 February 19 at 15:32
I just got the 1750G on this a few months ago... loved this game, but lol NEVER doing it again. All that grinding for the random loot drops in the final DLC killed it for me.
frankieMART
frankieMART
Posted on 05 February 19 at 15:39
Yep likewise, love the Borderlands series but will never replay this!
David
Kbeau73
Kbeau73
Posted on 05 February 19 at 15:50
KJer25 said:
Absolutely hated this overrated game...
This was the first game I actually got completed infatuated with! I don't know that I'd play it again as I don't typically like stacking games but I will admit, I'm very tempted. :)
Check out Casual Gaming Community at http://casualgaming.forumotion.com
Figbender
Figbender
Posted on 05 February 19 at 16:11
Kbeau73 said:
KJer25 said:
Absolutely hated this overrated game...
This was the first game I actually got completed infatuated with! I don't know that I'd play it again as I don't typically like stacking games but I will admit, I'm very tempted. :)
This game was the reason i bought an xbox 360 in the first place! (Well, that and fallout 3). I was still playing n64 and ps2 up until 2009.
Some of my fondest gaming memeories of all time were the original Borderlands, i would absolutely go through it all again.
Clockwerks
Clockwerks
Posted on 05 February 19 at 16:18
This just reminds me that I never completed the original game. I got all of the achievements except finishing a few of those super grindy DLC arenas. Maybe I'll go back and finish those someday...
LostSoul 301281
Posted on 05 February 19 at 16:40
I absolutely LOVED the original!
Far more than BL2 or PreSequel.
It had a much better atmosphere and overall better gameplay, IMO.
I spent far more time with it than I did the games that followed.

Please let this be real and have a release date very soon.
I Highway I
I Highway I
Posted on 05 February 19 at 16:45
Cool, I have no problem doing the achievements again.
Keep on keepin on
I NVIII I
I NVIII I
Posted on 05 February 19 at 16:49
norninja said:
Oh well, time to collect all the zombie brains again
Kinda more worried about the panties, oil, pizza and shit again... Hopefully we can get I think it was the Rose Omega shield again hahahaha laugh
alanp9
alanp9
Posted on 05 February 19 at 17:12
I got excited for a second at the idea of playing Borderlands again...then I remembered the Underdome DLC and that excitement vanished.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 05 February 19 at 18:16
Still need to finish Underdome on the (JP) version. It's not hard, even without using the second controller method. Just damn boring.

Definitely won't look forward to the Claptrap collectibles again though.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
keoskey
keoskey
Posted on 05 February 19 at 18:24
Hollywood Tony said:
Nice but... what about a borderlands 3? I absolutely love the series
We will most likely get an announcement at E3 this Year
[url=http://xboxamerica.com/?r=card-23392][img]http://xboxamerica.com/gamercards/slim-summary/keoske
Rista B
Rista B
Posted on 05 February 19 at 18:56
Guess they could release it as a 10 year anniversary edition or are Randy Pitchford's legal troubles starting to bite?
Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.