Site News Forum

Forum to discuss TA news items. Only TrueAchievement can post here

AuthorMessage
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 07 February 19 at 00:32
Aidax89 said:
Great news for me, lost my password to TA over a year ago and no longer had access to the e-mail address I signed up with. Now I can log back into the site using my MS account, great!
I mean there was still very easy ways to have sorted that out anyway, https://www.trueachievements.com/contactus.aspx
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 07 February 19 at 00:40
Spilner said:
I mean there was still very easy ways to have sorted that out anyway, https://www.trueachievements.com/contactus.aspx
Don't think this would be of much help in that situation:
Aidax89 said:
Great news for me, lost my password to TA over a year ago and no longer had access to the e-mail address I signed up with. Now I can log back into the site using my MS account, great!
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 07 February 19 at 00:47, Edited on 07 February 19 at 00:48 by Reborn Insanity
Shinnizle said:
Spilner said:
Aidax89 said:
We get situations like that all the time and could have resolved it if they shot us a Contact Us message.
See You Space Cowboy...
Living Legends
Posted on 07 February 19 at 03:08
Reborn Insanity said:
Shinnizle said:
Spilner said:
Aidax89 said:
We get situations like that all the time and could have resolved it if they shot us a Contact Us message.
Easy way to solve it was to have the GT contact a mod over Xbox live to confirm the request done via contact us.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 07 February 19 at 03:43
Living Legends said:
Easy way to solve it was to have the GT contact a mod over Xbox live to confirm the request done via contact us.
Makes sense then. I wondered how you made sure it was the right person.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 07 February 19 at 04:41
Wouldn't have said it if I didn't know it's was right, used to be part of my job too.
Lord Midas
Lord Midas
Posted on 07 February 19 at 08:29
Done. Just another method of logging in.
Thanks from a Pro user.
Hellsteeth!
paintballgirl
paintballgirl
Posted on 07 February 19 at 17:00
FiveWizz said:
Buttercup III said:
Living Legends said:
Buttercup III said:
My least favorite thing about this website is that my password can’t be saved and I have to constantly log in. And now that you’ve changed this from the old black box that dropped down it takes even longer
I would say that is either your phone or browser settings. I always click no to save my password and iirc it asked me on this site as well. Only has asked me once or when I clear all my data from the browser
It’s not, it’s definitely the site. All my other passwords save
It's your site settings. I had the same until someone explained to me how to change it. I just can't remember which setting it was lol sorry. Someone will be able to tell you though.
Someone actually already responded with the steps to take to change the setting quite a few posts ago. We'll just have to see if the advice will be taken....
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 07 February 19 at 17:06
Spilner said:
Wouldn't have said it if I didn't know it's was right, used to be part of my job too.
It's the inernet, you never know laugh
r1ck
r1ck
Posted on 07 February 19 at 19:32
Reborn Insanity said:
r1ck said:
so far this change is just annoying, having to constantly log back into the site
Looking at your settings, your log in cookie expiration is set to 2 days. You can change that to 1 year.
Made change as suggested, no difference
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 07 February 19 at 19:45, Edited on 07 February 19 at 19:48 by Reborn Insanity
r1ck said:
Reborn Insanity said:
r1ck said:
so far this change is just annoying, having to constantly log back into the site
Looking at your settings, your log in cookie expiration is set to 2 days. You can change that to 1 year.
Made change as suggested, no difference
Are you using Chrome by chance?

If so, please post here: Can't stay signed in...
See You Space Cowboy...
ColdEagle86
ColdEagle86
Posted on 08 February 19 at 05:05
Reborn Insanity said:
Shinnizle said:
Spilner said:
Aidax89 said:
But wouldn't you have had to log in to enable the link with the third party account in the first place? Seems a vulnerability if not, unless I'm missing something?
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 08 February 19 at 05:38
ColdEagle86 said:
Reborn Insanity said:
Shinnizle said:
Spilner said:
Aidax89 said:
But wouldn't you have had to log in to enable the link with the third party account in the first place? Seems a vulnerability if not, unless I'm missing something?
what? I'm confused. If someone does't have access to their email they signed up with and message us via Contact Us we have them verify ownership of their account before changing to a new email per their request, allowing them to reset the password on their own.
See You Space Cowboy...
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 08 February 19 at 06:21
Shinnizle said:
Spilner said:
It's the inernet, you never know laugh
Im Spilner, i dont count.
veyenoord
veyenoord
Posted on 10 February 19 at 07:25
Nice to witness (and to use of course) the progress the site has made in all these years. Awesome work guys and thanks for what it is today?!!
Live the Game!!
Dragonpwnsz
Dragonpwnsz
Posted on 13 February 19 at 16:34
Good stuff. :)
YouTube.com/DrakanGames | PSN: Dragonpwnsz | Steam: Dragonpwnsz | Twitter @Dragonpwnsz | Facebook: Dragonpwnsz
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.