Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

January 2019 Delistings: Tour De France, Ghostbusters, Tetris and More

AuthorMessage
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 07 February 19 at 16:40
TitianDan said:
dlCHIEF58 said:
Strange the C&C 3: Kane's Wrath being delisted since it just became backward compatible just last month. I'd bet this one is temporary unless it has to do with one of the actor's likeness in the game that needs relicensing.
No, its been relisted, not delisted lol
Whoops, my bad and that actually makes more sense...and pleases me since I need the game and really don't want another disc. Too early and just started drinking my coffee. Reading that makes me think that Castlevania game may be a future GWG then.
DeadlyName007
Posted on 07 February 19 at 16:42
dlCHIEF58 said:
DeadlyName007 said:
CoreScan said:
DeadlyName007 said:
gamer=CoreScan]Star Wars Jedi Knight (Xbox OG) is published by Activision in Europe
LOL! Yeah, THAT sounds like Activision - giving us an OG Xbox game released 16 years ago.

By GwG I meant Xbox 360 and One, not games of the 6th console generation.
It's something at least. I'm also pretty happy that I will be able to play the title. toast
You can't count that as an Activision game, they were merely the distributor in the European region of the physical discs and have no control over the IP...and that deal has long expired as well. The also had nothing to do with the digital distribution of the game, not even in Europe. So no, Activision has not yet released any game as a GWG to date nor is is expected to in the near future. Yet they have released at least a couple for PS Plus - Destiny (just before Bungie announced they were taking over publishing) and Prototype 2.
No idea if the deal is over. Maybe Microsoft and Lucas Arts had to go through them to get their blessing for the digital release in Europe. We don't really know that.
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 07 February 19 at 16:43
I was actually really interested in #WarGames and was just hoping for a sale. Oh well.
El Connro
El Connro
Posted on 07 February 19 at 16:49
If anyone still wants a way to get Tetris Ultimate, Newegg is still selling digital codes for it here: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1683213...

I just bought one and redeemed it myself so I can confirm it works. No idea how many more codes they have though so if you want one, better to jump on it sooner rather than later.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 07 February 19 at 16:50
Tetris delist is surprising considering it's the only one readily available on the One.
MR MITT3NS
MR MITT3NS
Posted on 07 February 19 at 17:01
On Tetris Ultimate, I’m still slowing chipping away at the 100K ONLINE line clears....and no one plays online so....
Yinga Garten
Yinga Garten
Posted on 07 February 19 at 17:10
xDaddy Cake said:
is wargames a server based game or u can play offline
You stream the episodes. If you didn't get it then you've missed absolutely nothing. The game is in an almost unplayable state right now.
Sera Di Siah
Sera Di Siah
Posted on 07 February 19 at 17:24
So I never heard too many positive things about Wargames but when games get delisted and have no retail edition after 6 months, I guess you really have to buy everything full price to not get locked out of easy 1000G's. Luckily that's a 8-10 hour game but it gives me an itchy finger to buy 1-2 hour games right now instead of waiting months for sale. :/
kid you live in forest i smell it go takes care about your cows and let mens to do buisness
pezboyben
pezboyben
Posted on 07 February 19 at 17:28
Damn, wanted #wargames
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 07 February 19 at 17:53, Edited on 07 February 19 at 17:57 by Dresden N7
xDaddy Cake said:
is wargames a server based game or u can play offline
The game was streamed from their website/server. As you can guess, it ran poorly. Episodes refusing to start, constant disconnections, and progress not saving correctly.
II ESTRANGED II
Posted on 07 February 19 at 17:55
Very happy about Castlevania LoS. Need a sale on that asap.

Didn't even know about that Ghostbusters game, thought it was the 360 game. Wish I picked that up now.
Estranged
wolfsburgraz
wolfsburgraz
Posted on 07 February 19 at 18:06, Edited on 07 February 19 at 18:11 by wolfsburgraz
Maw N Paw said:
You'd think they'd announce the delistings prior to delisting to give people a chance to purchase them.
This is my wish as well.

The only way I've been able to guess a game is being delisted is when it goes on an extraordinary sale, like 85% off or so. If you see a game that usually sells for say $20 go for $3.75-5.00, it's probably a good idea to buy it if you had half an interest in ever playing it.

Now that's not always the case, but it has happened with a few things recently. Contrast (X360) was 80% off, and the Monster Jam games were 75% off for example, and disappeared shortly after. There are others that aren't coming to mind right now.
Fez40
Fez40
Posted on 07 February 19 at 18:06
II ESTRANGED II said:
Very happy about Castlevania LoS. Need a sale on that asap.

Didn't even know about that Ghostbusters game, thought it was the 360 game. Wish I picked that up now.
Haha don't worry, you're not missing out on anything. I had a look a while ago when it was on sale, it looked basically like a mobile game ported to console, and the ratings were terrible.
IamMeLoDy
Posted on 07 February 19 at 18:24
add me on xbox if u want to play tetris ultimate. cant find any online players whenever i play. dont have a lot of time bc of other games and work, but maybe we can work something out
NO1KEV
NO1KEV
Posted on 07 February 19 at 19:24
Maw N Paw said:
You'd think they'd announce the delistings prior to delisting to give people a chance to purchase them.
Totally agree. I would of got war games. Oh well guess they didn't want my money
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 07 February 19 at 19:49
Weird some rather new games being delisted.

Also the last Ghostbusters got delisted and the old Xbox 360 game is not.
Well, that one is better anyway. headspin
Otouto72
Otouto72
Posted on 07 February 19 at 19:57
But Wargames just got here!?
Zerodactyl
Zerodactyl
Posted on 07 February 19 at 19:58
I was waiting for a sale for Wargames since it seemed like a pretty easy completion (aside from the bugs and lag).
CompleteKurisu
Posted on 07 February 19 at 20:17
Anybody want to boost the 100,000 online lines in Tetris Ultimate?
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 07 February 19 at 20:55
Kinda wanted to do Tetris Ultimate someday... guess it's no big loss all told, crap game. Still though.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.