Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

January 2019 Delistings: Tour De France, Ghostbusters, Tetris and More

AuthorMessage
Dakrkplayer2
Dakrkplayer2
Posted on 07 February 19 at 21:04
I hope with XBOX 2. There not lazy developer to will not fix the game. When friend list gose up beyond 100 friends.
XBOX 4 LIFE
Dale Baldwin
Dale Baldwin
Posted on 07 February 19 at 21:26
Dresden N7 said:
xDaddy Cake said:
is wargames a server based game or u can play offline
The game was streamed from their website/server. As you can guess, it ran poorly. Episodes refusing to start, constant disconnections, and progress not saving correctly.
And that's likely a reason it was removed from sale. According to Eko's twitter, they do plan to bring it back to the xbox store at some point though.

https://twitter.com/ekovideo/status/1087817954434125824
bLaKgRaVy
bLaKgRaVy
Posted on 07 February 19 at 22:06
Shinnizle said:
Still not buying AER without a discount!
Me neither, but if I never get it I wouldn't mind. laugh
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 07 February 19 at 22:34
Wondered why Ghostbusters was so cheap in the last sale. Thankfully picked it up!
Aeragon IX
Aeragon IX
Posted on 07 February 19 at 22:40, Edited on 08 February 19 at 00:03 by Aeragon IX
El Connro said:
If anyone still wants a way to get Tetris Ultimate, Newegg is still selling digital codes for it here: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1683213...

I just bought one and redeemed it myself so I can confirm it works. No idea how many more codes they have though so if you want one, better to jump on it sooner rather than later.
Thanks for the heads up, how much time did it took for you to get the code? I am trying to do it, but not sure if it will work since I am not in the US.

Edit: Works for me, took a hour to get the code.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 07 February 19 at 23:05
Wouldn't mind AER but the price puts me off and i wouldn't get it without a sale
Aeragon IX
Aeragon IX
Posted on 08 February 19 at 00:40, Edited on 08 February 19 at 00:42 by Aeragon IX
xONLYINHUMANxx said:
Wouldn't mind AER but the price puts me off and i wouldn't get it without a sale
It will be on sale in 10 days. The guy that runs Storeparser, always post on CAG a countdown with upcoming sale, I saw it on that list.
Mannschaft570
Mannschaft570
Posted on 08 February 19 at 00:58
They should definitely give a warning a month before or so. That would be beneficial to everyone, the gamers that would have a last chance to buy them, and the developers that could make a bit of money before the delisting.
QuanticJustice
QuanticJustice
Posted on 08 February 19 at 01:29
Dresden N7 said:
xDaddy Cake said:
is wargames a server based game or u can play offline
The game was streamed from their website/server. As you can guess, it ran poorly. Episodes refusing to start, constant disconnections, and progress not saving correctly.
With the game being delisted, the servers may not be long for this world either. Architecting the game to use server-side video distribution had to cause significant on-going operations costs.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 08 February 19 at 01:33
Aeragon IX said:
xONLYINHUMANxx said:
It will be on sale in 10 days. The guy that runs Storeparser, always post on CAG a countdown with upcoming sale, I saw it on that list.
cheers
LiquidSodas
LiquidSodas
Posted on 08 February 19 at 02:06
I hope this means another tetris game will come out, Tetris effect on playstation looks sooo good
Hooked on phonics
VidGamiac
VidGamiac
Posted on 08 February 19 at 02:57
Aeragon IX said:
El Connro said:
If anyone still wants a way to get Tetris Ultimate, Newegg is still selling digital codes for it here: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1683213...

I just bought one and redeemed it myself so I can confirm it works. No idea how many more codes they have though so if you want one, better to jump on it sooner rather than later.
Thanks for the heads up, how much time did it took for you to get the code? I am trying to do it, but not sure if it will work since I am not in the US.

Getting the old "We do everything we can to ensure the best shopping experience possible. Occasionally due to complications that arise during the verification process, not every order is able to be processed when our system detects an error." from Newegg sadly.

Ordering from GameStop gave me a code that just ended up being a $10 Gift Card.

Last place selling seems to be Dell's Online Store.

Anyone else having any luck?
Aeragon IX
Aeragon IX
Posted on 08 February 19 at 03:15
VidGamiac said:
Aeragon IX said:
El Connro said:

Getting the old "We do everything we can to ensure the best shopping experience possible. Occasionally due to complications that arise during the verification process, not every order is able to be processed when our system detects an error." from Newegg sadly.

Ordering from GameStop gave me a code that just ended up being a $10 Gift Card.

Last place selling seems to be Dell's Online Store.

Anyone else having any luck?
Maybe try Newegg again with Paypal or Masterpass.
MattiasAnderson
Posted on 08 February 19 at 12:10
I wanted to have all visual novels. Now I cant because I don't own wargames.
Magic
stebeer85
stebeer85
Posted on 08 February 19 at 17:30
This is so true in regards to digital games/content, By Brad Stephenson @onMSFT, " This remains one of the biggest issues many have with the transition to digital content. If rights aren't extended, Whole video games can be lost forever ".
The Globalizer
Posted on 09 February 19 at 03:47
Well, that explains why C:LOS was never on sale when C:LOS2 was. laugh

Maybe next time.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.