Game Discussion: Red Dead Redemption 2 Forum

SP Challenges

AuthorMessage
T0NY HAYABUSA
T0NY HAYABUSA
Posted on 08 February 19 at 12:43
These challenges really are such a grind. I am at 70 of 90 completed and I absolutely hate the fact that you have to pick all 43 herbs when I literally picked 95% of them already and it does not carry over to that challenge. Catch all 13-15 species of fish after I caught all the legendary fish. I can't wait to start tackling the gambling ones!!!! I came this far though for 100% completion so I will finish it.
Assassin PlL
Assassin PlL
Posted on 09 February 19 at 16:35
Yes, that was the worst 100% of all GTA and first RDR and I'm doing 100% completion since GTA III.
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 10 February 19 at 13:58
T0NY HAYABUSA said:
These challenges really are such a grind. I am at 70 of 90 completed and I absolutely hate the fact that you have to pick all 43 herbs when I literally picked 95% of them already and it does not carry over to that challenge. Catch all 13-15 species of fish after I caught all the legendary fish. I can't wait to start tackling the gambling ones!!!! I came this far though for 100% completion so I will finish it.
Yeah I found you have to be really organised to prevent having to do things twice and wasting alot of time.

For example, I made sure I had Herbalism 9 (pick all herbs) active before I did the Exotics questline and made sure I had Survivalism 10 (fish all species of fish) active before I did the Legendary fish questline.

Then it's a matter of keeping lists on hand so you don't have to waste time using the clunky menu system. So for Herbalism 9 I kept a list in notepad of every herb I picked as I travelled around and for the Study & Skin achievements I had a list of all animals and deleted them as I studied & skinned them.

These were all ordered alphabetically for quick reference. After writing all this out it just struck me how annoying this game is to manage. laugh
Posting from sunny Australia.
T0NY HAYABUSA
T0NY HAYABUSA
Posted on 11 February 19 at 20:01
Yeah man, I had a check list for the Zoologist and Skin Deep, made a check list for the 43 herbs have 11 of the 15 fishes caught as of last night. I know the final four I need so it won't be that bad. I'm dreading Gambler 9 right now. It's all luck based winning the domino games, kind of. I 100% the first RDR so I had to do the same now.
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 12 February 19 at 01:22, Edited on 12 February 19 at 01:23 by Lockie
I did Gambler 9 against the guy in Blackwater. It's the 'multiples of 3' variation so if your maths aren't too bad then you can definitely outwit him and eliminate some of the luck factor. Once I figured out the rules and some strategies I quite enjoyed the contest.

You kind of want to balance going for points with stifling your opponent's plays in the event that he draws a tile. When he draws you know he doesn't have those numbers so sometimes you can make him draw almost the entire deck by aiming to make both ends end with those numbers.

While doing the above you also want to look at your own tiles and aim at having a next play possible so that you yourself don't end up drawing, since that is definitely luck-based!
Swyer87
Swyer87
Posted on 12 February 19 at 13:36, Edited on 12 February 19 at 20:56 by Swyer87
There's a trick to doing gambler 9.

I did it at Emerald Station against one player (just save and load if there is more than one), it doesn't have any specific rules, just need to use all your dominoes which makes it easier to predict if you are going to lose.

As long as you leave the table, when it is your turn (that is imperative) and before you lose, your winning streak will continue. You also need to get all 3 in one sitting, you can’t save, turn off your Xbox and come back to it.
M I K 3 ID v
M I K 3 ID v
Posted on 13 February 19 at 00:06, Edited on 13 February 19 at 00:13 by M I K 3 ID v
If you're still missing those plants here is a link that helped me find the ones I was missing.

It has all 43 plants and their locations:

http://www.powerpyx.com/red-dead-redemption-2-plants-locatio...

toast
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 13 February 19 at 05:08
M I K 3 ID v said:
If you're still missing those plants here is a link that helped me find the ones I was missing.

It has all 43 plants and their locations:

http://www.powerpyx.com/red-dead-redemption-2-plants-locatio...
What I did was put what plant I was looking for into https://rdr2map.com which I found easier because you can also check whether there are any other collectables nearby, saving some backtracking.

When I unlocked New Austin I used rdr2map to plot all the dinosaur bones, herbs and legendary fish I was missing with waypoints and zig-zagged between them on my horse to get everything in one go, while keeping an eye out for the study & skin animals I was missing along the way.

Since there's a lack of fast travel it saves alot of time if you can get everything done while you're in that particular area. smile
T0NY HAYABUSA
T0NY HAYABUSA
Posted on 13 February 19 at 19:15
Swyer87 said:

I did it at Emerald Station against one player (just save and load if there is more than one), it doesn't have any specific rules, just need to use all your dominoes which makes it easier to predict if you are going to lose.

As long as you leave the table, when it is your turn (that is imperative) and before you lose, your winning streak will continue. You also need to get all 3 in one sitting, you can’t save, turn off your Xbox and come back to it.
For that one, don't you have to score 60 or 90 to win after a few matches?
M I K 3 ID v
M I K 3 ID v
Posted on 14 February 19 at 12:53
T0NY HAYABUSA said:
Swyer87 said:

You need to score 60 to win so I’d try use up all your doubles and high numbers. That way if you lose your opponent won’t gain as many points off you. Plus putting doubles down opens up more opportunities for you to use up the dominos you have left over.
Swyer87
Swyer87
Posted on 14 February 19 at 13:47
T0NY HAYABUSA said:
Swyer87 said:

That is correct, however imo it makes it easier to know if you are going to lose, you know how much points you will give away should you lose that round. That way you know to leave the table before you lose and keep your streak going.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.