Game Discussion: Salt and Sanctuary Forum

Both endings in one run?

AuthorMessage
FrozenImplosion
Posted on 08 February 19 at 21:59
Does anyone know if this is possible on Xbox? Seems it was doable on PS using save backups!
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 09 February 19 at 02:17
I haven't played the game but it's probably the same thing you do for most multiple ending games.

-Get to point where you make the choice.
-Go offline and make the choice.
-Delete your LOCAL save, go back online, get the cloud save.
-Do the other choice or choices.

From the ps3trophies roadmap it seems one of the endings requires doing a questline, so you'd probably do the other ending first and then load the cloud save and do the questline and such. It's useful for quite a few games.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
Calex dEUS
Calex dEUS
Posted on 09 February 19 at 22:51
Yeah when I played it on PS4 you backed up your save at the end and did the common ending then reloaded and went to the right passed the boss area. Demonic is missable due to the fact you need to complete an NPC questline.

Not sure how this will work on Xbox , I suspect like LV 1 suggests to be safe or until some one confirms you can dashboard at a certain point when the Find Salvation one unlocks and you just reload the game and do Demonic.

Don't have the game myself either at the minute, waiting for a sale as I paid full price for it when it was on PS4.

Might be worth a PM to the 3 people who have completed it to check what they did.
FrozenImplosion
Posted on 10 February 19 at 23:01
I messaged the first person to complete the game, Texans2K2, and he said that you can in fact use this strategy! Here's what he said-- "Yes you can by deleting your save and resyncing to cloud save after one of the endings pops. You should be right back before final boss."
JORAX
JORAX
Posted on 12 February 19 at 04:19
FWIW, I did some sections out of sequence using the dodge-jump and the Scarecrow didn't show up at his 3rd spot for me. After beating the game and getting the normal ending I was able to fly through NG+ in 3-4 hours to get the alternate ending. The all-bosses speedrun record is just under an hour, so my time is nowhere near anything amazing (and had at least 20 deaths, probably more). Basically just advising pushing through if something happens and you can't get both endings in one playthrough!

I went mage build w/ the 2 barrage spells, but strength builds are also very powerful. I highly recommend staying under 25% equip load for max dodging. I hear matching shield elements for each boss can make several fights a joke too.
Calex dEUS
Calex dEUS
Posted on 13 February 19 at 20:36
If I recall you can make the Jaws of Death around mid way or so and that weapon makes the game a cake walk in the later stages.
Zeylex
Zeylex
Posted on 20 February 19 at 12:30
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
I haven't played the game but it's probably the same thing you do for most multiple ending games.

-Get to point where you make the choice.
-Go offline and make the choice.
-Delete your LOCAL save, go back online, get the cloud save.
-Do the other choice or choices.

From the ps3trophies roadmap it seems one of the endings requires doing a questline, so you'd probably do the other ending first and then load the cloud save and do the questline and such. It's useful for quite a few games.
I did this and the achievement did not pop, tried it a few times before I gave up and just did it live and went and did a ng+ instead for the second ending
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.