Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Apex Legends Review

AuthorMessage
happibivouac
happibivouac
Posted on 11 February 19 at 17:52
I've heard nothing but good things about this game... except for my friends who have played it. They don't really care for it. That said, I'll be staying away since I'm not huge into multiplayer games anyway, but it would have been cool to have something to play with my buds. Oh well. Quake Champions it is.
come join us at - https://discord.gg/bh2c78a (TrueGaming Network Discord)
Iceman2pnt0
Iceman2pnt0
Posted on 11 February 19 at 19:40
Hey um...wtf is up with this comment section? Half about the game itself, and half complaining about the review and petty grammar mistakes from users??? We can be better than a comment section like IGN.

I'm not into the battle royale craze, but it sounds pretty solid for those that don't mind playing cooperatively.
Finally gaming on the One.
HuwCW87
HuwCW87
Posted on 11 February 19 at 19:53
I know right? Quite a few of the people on TA can be quite toxic.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 11 February 19 at 21:20
Another interesting positive for me...last night i ended up by myself, esentially solo with no team in the match and it was incredibly boring. I immediately missed having a group to run around with. It felt very empty. I normally like anything solo over multiplayer but this with its fantastic ping system even without talking via mics keeps an indirect conversation going so to speak. Im actually shocked how much ive enjoyed this, what little ive played.
Matthew
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 11 February 19 at 22:12
I've found I like the games where I'm in a team of two the best. Funnily enough I've only won games like this.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
Posted on 12 February 19 at 09:39, Edited on 12 February 19 at 09:39 by ChillzMaster
This game has everything it needs to succeed. If Respawn maintains an active approach to balancing the game and adding content like Fortnite has done so well we might have a real contender.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 12 February 19 at 09:42, Edited on 12 February 19 at 09:42 by Legohead 1977
From the few clips I have seen this looks more my cup of tea than Fortnite (the building bit really puts me off)...does it play anything like Titanfall, because I love that game.
Legohead 1977
Billargh
Billargh
Posted on 12 February 19 at 10:28
Legohead 1977 said:
From the few clips I have seen this looks more my cup of tea than Fortnite (the building bit really puts me off)...does it play anything like Titanfall, because I love that game.
The gun play is very similar and even shares a lot of guns with Titanfall, although there is no wall running or double jumping. You can run upwards up walls to get over high ones, but that's about it.
Saikred
Saikred
Posted on 12 February 19 at 11:13
A good review, and I've been loving the game so far.
However where it's stated:

while some abilities are clearly stronger than others, no single hero stands out as a must-play
I'm not sure I agree with this.
If you don't have Lifeline, you're severely nerfing your team. Her ability to call Lvl3 Armour is just too strong right now.

Lifeline is meta, pretty much required.
Everyone else it doesn't really matter.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 12 February 19 at 17:44
Saikred said:
A good review, and I've been loving the game so far.
However where it's stated:

while some abilities are clearly stronger than others, no single hero stands out as a must-play
I'm not sure I agree with this.
If you don't have Lifeline, you're severely nerfing your team. Her ability to call Lvl3 Armour is just too strong right now.

Lifeline is meta, pretty much required.
Everyone else it doesn't really matter.
I'm yet to win a game as life line, so I can't find myself agreeing with this laugh
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
darkwing1232
darkwing1232
Posted on 16 February 19 at 10:33
As someone that doesnt really play with others, I really wish there was solo play because the randoms I get are often GARBAGE. Like less than 50 damage done garbage.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.