Industry News Forum

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Xbox Gameplay Chart: Week Ending February 10th, 2019

AuthorMessage
TrueAchievement
Posted on 11 February 19 at 16:04
Latest gameplay data for Xbox gamers from across the globe

Please click here to read the story: Xbox Gameplay Chart: Week Ending February 10th, 2019
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 11 February 19 at 16:13
Congrats to Apex, that’s a huge opening week. Random question, would beta’s be included in this chart if the numbers were high enough? I was playing the beta for Anthem and wondered if I’d see the game pop up on the weekly list or not.
TheGreatKoala
TheGreatKoala
Posted on 11 February 19 at 16:17
I did wonder if it would take top spot
Seitzz
Seitzz
Posted on 11 February 19 at 16:22
Finally something besides the same 3 titles we've been seeing.
TheGreatKoala
TheGreatKoala
Posted on 11 February 19 at 16:30, Edited on 11 February 19 at 16:31 by TheGreatKoala
The only problem with the chart is saying "more than double" without any figures to back it up, or compare with.

I get that you've said you won't be doing that, and that's fine, it's your choice, but it would help us gamers out if we knew.
punkyliar
punkyliar
Posted on 11 February 19 at 16:34
HawkeyeBarry20 said:
Congrats to Apex, that’s a huge opening week. Random question, would beta’s be included in this chart if the numbers were high enough? I was playing the beta for Anthem and wondered if I’d see the game pop up on the weekly list or not.
At the moment, we only count games that have achievement lists, so temporary pre-release betas/demos like Anthem and The Division 2 aren't tracked. However, it's something we're currently looking into to see if it's feasible.
Maw N Paw
Maw N Paw
Posted on 11 February 19 at 16:39
I'd rather you didn't include Betas or Demos because that's what they are, Demos and Betas that not every single person is going to want to play until a fully available version is out. You didn't track the Resident Evil 2 Demo and that was huge.
There is always a way.
Musikfreak007
Musikfreak007
Posted on 11 February 19 at 16:40, Edited on 11 February 19 at 16:41 by Musikfreak007
Good for Titanfall 2 to get some love this week.

I've enjoyed Apex Legends, but I've also come to find that I generally enjoy MP-focused (or MP-only) games when I jump on them early. Otherwise I have games like Rocket League where I play right away, move on to play other games for 2 or 3 months, and then try to come back only to learn that everyone got stupid good and I can't compete.
TrueAssassin86x
Posted on 11 February 19 at 16:50, Edited on 11 February 19 at 16:53 by TrueAssassin86x
Battle Royales, Battle Royales everywhere. Cant wait till this trend dies. Might as well add battle royales to Februarys big games. Far Cry New Dawn, Jump Force, Metro Exodus and Crackdown 3. Oh and add a Battle royale mode to Resident Evil 2 as payed DLC people will eat that up.
Xbox 1, Ps4, Switch Gamer. Feel free to add me.
Calrethi
Calrethi
Posted on 11 February 19 at 16:54
TheGreatKoala said:
The only problem with the chart is saying {#}more than double{#} without any figures to back it up, or compare with.

I get that you've said you won't be doing that, and that's fine, it's your choice, but it would help us gamers out if we knew.
There is no way that this would even be allowed to exist if it had numbers.

Saying it had over double the players of the current most popular game tell you more than enough- numbers wouldn’t change that.
freedomgirl85
freedomgirl85
Posted on 11 February 19 at 17:10
any insight you can give to have the division 2 beta did this weekend?
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 11 February 19 at 17:11, Edited on 11 February 19 at 17:11 by Vr English
Thanks for this. Interesting seeing the impact of gwg, game pass and sales etc. Was surprised mine craft was so low and pleasantly pleased to see battlefront on there after grabbing it in the sale the other day.
GRAND NOBLE
GRAND NOBLE
Posted on 11 February 19 at 17:17
Everyone is gonna be focused on the Apex vs Fortnite fight (i know everyone on TA loves to shit on fortnite cry)...

but I'm just really happy to see KINGDOM HEARTS 3 go up to #10!!! After a strong #11 entry last week.
I love it!! I'm up to world 8. I think only 2 more after that!!!
Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
GRAND NOBLE
GRAND NOBLE
Posted on 11 February 19 at 17:32
SUGGESTION!! An additional column saying HOW MANY WEEKS TOTAL a game has been on the top 40 list.

Seeing a game at #30 or #20, etc seems unimpressive. But if we could see that it's been on the charts for 8 weeks, that holds some good steam (IMO).

Please make this addition!
Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
Osseblok
Osseblok
Posted on 11 February 19 at 17:42, Edited on 11 February 19 at 17:44 by Osseblok
Where can I see the meaning of the symbols next to the position? (even though I'm able to figure it out by looking at the entire chart, a legend/mapping for the symbols would be nice)
TrueAssassin86x
Posted on 11 February 19 at 18:26
Seitzz said:
Finally something besides the same 3 titles we've been seeing.
Next week it will be the same 4 titles
Xbox 1, Ps4, Switch Gamer. Feel free to add me.
Stinky Big Buds
Posted on 11 February 19 at 18:37
I'm sure Respawn and Co are happy with week number one :P To jump into the BR craze which is already a busy market and win by such a distance as well, good job.
Emiinah
Emiinah
Posted on 11 February 19 at 21:05
Stinky Big Buds said:
I'm sure Respawn and Co are happy with week number one :P To jump into the BR craze which is already a busy market and win by such a distance as well, good job.
This. Happy for Respawn toast
Made you look :P
Yummy Baklava
Yummy Baklava
Posted on 11 February 19 at 22:26
Dayum!!!!!

https://www.ea.com/news/apex-legends-25-million-players
El Zombie
El Zombie
Posted on 12 February 19 at 05:28
GRAND NOBLE said:
SUGGESTION!! An additional column saying HOW MANY WEEKS TOTAL a game has been on the top 40 list.

Seeing a game at #30 or #20, etc seems unimpressive. But if we could see that it's been on the charts for 8 weeks, that holds some good steam (IMO).

Please make this addition!
I second this! Showing the highest position a game has ever reached on the chart would be interesting to see as well. Also, the article says "Realm Royale drops 13 spots to #24" but per the chart, that should be #34.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.