Game Discussion: Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition Forum

Rita's Grade Farming Nerfed?

AuthorMessage
ColtonKP
ColtonKP
Posted on 11 February 19 at 21:33
So in the original, there was this trick that let you grind grade pretty easy using Rita's Tidal Wave spell and over-limits. But it seems to have been nerfed and I can't get up to OVL 3 before the time runs out. I have all the skills needed (Spirits 1,2,3,4/Light Magic/OL Boost/Spell End/OVL Bonus 2) as well as the Wonder Symbol. I'm just wondering if there's something I'm missing, or if they just nerfed the OVL gains. Sure I could use the Risky Ring method, but it's a bit slower and I prefer the Wonder Symbol method.
Remeki
Remeki
Posted on 12 February 19 at 00:53
I apologize if I misunderstood, but are you using level 3 limits with Rita? You only need to use level 1 (or pressing cn_right) to get her casting speed up to make Tidal Wave spamable. It's also a good idea to have the Taunt and Taunt 2 skills equipped on the three other party members too, as that'll help raise the OVL gauge as well.
ColtonKP
ColtonKP
Posted on 12 February 19 at 01:18
True, though in OVL 3+ there is no TP cost for spells.
ColtonKP
ColtonKP
Posted on 12 February 19 at 01:41
I was also able to achieve this in the original without any of the Taunts on. But even with the Taunts, I still can't reach OVL 3.
Remeki
Remeki
Posted on 12 February 19 at 02:08
I'd recommend just slapping on the Risky Ring and sticking to OVL 1. I know that it's a bit slower than the Wonder Symbol, but from my experience grade farming on this version I never was able to build up the gauge 3 levels during a use. I do think it would be possible if you had the OVL Boost from the grade shop, but that's not exactly helpful since you'll only have access to it after you no longer need it for farming.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.