Game Discussion: Pipe Push Paradise Forum

Some achievements are (randomly) glitched and don’t unlock

AuthorMessage
derektwopointoh
Posted on 11 February 19 at 23:09, Edited on 11 February 19 at 23:23 by derektwopointoh
Be aware of potentially glitchy achievements if you play this game.

I played several puzzles and got to the last gate before realizing that I should have achievements for clearing the first four areas and completing all the easy puzzles. However, I only had one for clearing the first area. I spoke with the dev and he confirmed that I should have those 4 additional achievements. So I decided to start a new game in a different save slot...

I replayed everything and then continued on with the game and was relieved when the missing achievements from my last playthrough started unlocking when they were supposed to. The Expert achievement unlocked as planned, along with the achievements for clearing all the areas but much to my dismay, the three other difficulty based achievements didn’t unlock at all.

I then proceeded to finish out the game, along with the grueling pipe push all the way back to the beginning area of the game and the two bonus areas. And then, of course, the final achievement for completing the second bonus area didn’t unlock.

I’m wondering if deleting all my local and cloud data would fix the issue and allow me to earn the achievements again but I really don’t want to do another full playthrough just to see if they’ll unlock.

I seem to be in the minority with these issues but if you’re planning to play this game, I strongly suggest you wait for a patch.
HILL5IZE
HILL5IZE
Posted on 12 February 19 at 11:07
No difficulty achievements unlock on my playthrough, the others popped.
Took a break in the middle and shut off Xbox and continued next day.

Random or luck people get it or not. Think you must finish in one sitting???
HILL5IZE
HILL5IZE
Posted on 12 February 19 at 12:30
Deleted save played again to where Expert unlocks and nothing!
derektwopointoh
Posted on 12 February 19 at 13:49
I’m thinking it may have to do with not playing it all in one sitting. I can confirm that it’s not because of the glitch some games have where achievements don’t unlock if you have your Xbox set to Instant-On and resume playing without force quitting first. Since I last encountered such a glitch, I’ve been force quitting literally everything I play.
Streak Leader
Streak Leader
Posted on 12 February 19 at 19:21
The achievements stopped popping for me when I cleared the fifth area and finished all of the easy puzzles. Expert was the last one that popped for me.

Wondering if I should just delete everything and start over to do it in one sitting.
derektwopointoh
Posted on 12 February 19 at 19:25
If you try an additional playthrough, I recommend deleting your save data from both your Xbox and the cloud. Deleting your save data in-game doesn’t seem to do the trick. Personally I’m keeping my save to see if they release a patch that retroactively unlocks the achievements I’ve earned...but I’m not holding my breath.
Streak Leader
Streak Leader
Posted on 12 February 19 at 21:10
Deleted all saves and got back to clearing the fifth area and the last easy puzzle. Both achievements popped.
derektwopointoh
Posted on 12 February 19 at 21:11
Did you delete your saves in the game or on your Xbox/cloud completely?
Streak Leader
Streak Leader
Posted on 12 February 19 at 23:03
Deleted ALL saves... Just played it start to finish in one sitting and everything popped.
derektwopointoh
Posted on 12 February 19 at 23:05
I don’t have the ability (or desire) to play it all in one sitting but it’s good to know that there’s a workaround.
HILL5IZE
HILL5IZE
Posted on 13 February 19 at 12:50
No workaround! Like I wrote earlier I deleted my save (even from cloud) and played nonstop to where Expert level achievement should unlock and still nothing...
derektwopointoh
Posted on 13 February 19 at 13:29
That really sucks. I guess we really do need a patch. I’ve contacted the dev and he made the publisher (who ported the game and apparently botched the achievements as well as the basic movement controls, in my opinion) aware of the issues. Hopefully we’ll see a patch soon.
CLARION 85
CLARION 85
Posted on 13 February 19 at 14:41
same here

i played yesterday the first 2 areas
today i continued the game and it bugged...so be sure to complete this game in one playthrough...

i just replayed the levels from the day before ( first 2 areas ) and everything unlocked...

thanks for the great walkthrough Drastic Ed xo
HILL5IZE
HILL5IZE
Posted on 17 February 19 at 16:16
So... any news on this?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.