Game Discussion: SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics Forum

Dr Robotnik Mean Bean Machine Challenge

AuthorMessage
AC Skywalker X
Posted on 12 February 19 at 02:05
Anyone have any pointers? Can’t even get to 3000 points (let alone 4000) and then the beans start falling quickly and the computer just destroys me with huge combos.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 12 February 19 at 04:07
AC Skywalker X said:
Anyone have any pointers? Can’t even get to 3000 points (let alone 4000) and then the beans start falling quickly and the computer just destroys me with huge combos.
It's half luck ... sometimes the AI will just come out of nowhere with a crazy combo and wipe you out.

I found the key (besides persistence) was setting up as many multi combos as you can. Basically you stack 3 of the same colour, put 1-3 of a different colour above it, then put 1-3 of the original colour on top. You want to organize them in a way that clearing the middle colour will drop the other stacks together. If you can get 3 or more different colours comboing at the same time you'll get lots of points.

Another tip is to just follow the AI from the start as long as you can. You can often beat them to the punch at first few combos they start setting up. Eventually your boards will be too different but it's a decent strategy to start with.

Also IIRC you can pause with the guide button to still see most of the field, try it when you need to take your time planning your next move.
AC Skywalker X
Posted on 12 February 19 at 10:49
Thanks for the tips!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.