Game Discussion: Astroneer Forum

Where is the smelter?

AuthorMessage
fangerdanga
fangerdanga
Posted on 12 February 19 at 11:51
I’ve just started Astroneer since it’s full release even thou I had tried it in Xbox preview I need some help.

Does anyone know where or how to build a smelter as I can’t find it anywhere?

When you start the game all you get a medium platform with a medium printer and you also get a oxygenator as well.

The only plans in the printer are
Large platform
Research chamber
Large printer

I’ve built a large printer which only has 1 plan of a shelter but still no smelter in sight.
Checking the Catalog I have no smelter either to unlock.
Plans available to unlock in the catalog are
Tethers, oxygen filters, canister, beacon, worklight and packager below that is a Small oxygen tank, portable oxygenator then below again is a small generator, small solar, small wind turbine, power cells, small battery and extenders.
The forth lot of unlocks are boost mod, wide mod, narrow mod, inhibitor mod, alignment mod as well as the terrain analyser.
Moving down to the next set of plans there is drill mod 1, 2 , 3 then dynamite and fireworks. Finally there is the small printer so where is the smelter I ask?
Without a smelter I can’t progress in the game.
Nesmaster
Nesmaster
Posted on 12 February 19 at 20:18
You can change the plans page with RB, and look through them with the d-pad. I had the same problem.
fangerdanga
fangerdanga
Posted on 13 February 19 at 04:39
Nesmaster said:
You can change the plans page with RB, and look through them with the d-pad. I had the same problem.
You sir are a legend and have solved my problem. clap I can't believe I overlooked that, seeing it's such a simple button press. redface
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.