Game Discussion: Fortnite Forum

STW Achievements a little harsh

AuthorMessage
D1rtyDan202
D1rtyDan202
Posted on 12 February 19 at 11:52
There are 5 achievements that seem a little over the top with regard to grinding.

Plays Well with Others (1000)
Unspeakable Horrors (20 000)
World Explorer (1500)
Guardian Angel (10 000)
Talented Builder (500 000)

Its as if the zero button was not working on someones keyboard and it kept adding a extra "0" at the end of all the achievements. I would say removing one "0" from all these would make it far more enjoyable and fun than what it is currently set to. Wonder if the developers could lower the requirements a little?
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 12 February 19 at 12:50
well..a lot of people have already unlocked all of them. So they are hardly unrealistic.
JungAndReckless
Posted on 12 February 19 at 13:45
TheMaize said:
well..a lot of people have already unlocked all of them. So they are hardly unrealistic.
I guess 24 completions is a lot?
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 12 February 19 at 13:54, Edited on 12 February 19 at 13:56 by TheMaize
JungAndReckless said:
TheMaize said:
I guess 24 completions is a lot?
its more than 0...

These CAN be won...24 have gotten them all, and a lot more have gotten the different ones individually.

I am ok with companies, listening to customers EARLY ON, and changing requirements. But if they did NOW, it would be pissing on the people who already put in all the time to unlock them.
JungAndReckless
Posted on 12 February 19 at 20:23
All of the ones he listed had less than 100, in no way is that a lot for a game with 58K players. A ridiculous grind isn't an achievement and is in no way indicative of achieving anything in the game. Sea of Thieves changed theirs, and people were happy, no reason Fortnite can't.
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 16 February 19 at 01:10
Why should Fortnite change there achievement requirements? I earned them all, it just takes time and with a decent group the time goes by a little faster.

I didn't see anyone up in arms asking for the Gears games to change their Seriously achievement requirements. Or asking to have the requirements changed in any other games that had ridiculously grindy achievements.

Just because you can't put in the time to earn them doesn't mean the requirements should be lowered just so you can. You're basically asking for developers to make easy achievements just so you can get them. No one is forcing you to get these achievements or to keep playing until you get them.

What's next? You want developers to lower the difficulty on games so you can get the achievements for beating games on Hard/Insane, because those difficulties don't play like you're on Easy and you can't beat them and get the achievement the developer needs to make a change?
D1rtyDan202
D1rtyDan202
Posted on 18 February 19 at 08:07
JungAndReckless said:
gamer=DrSchlepenstein]Why should Fortnite change there achievement requirements? I earned them all, it just takes time and with a decent group the time goes by a little faster.

I didn't see anyone up in arms asking for the Gears games to change their Seriously achievement requirements. Or asking to have the requirements changed in any other games that had ridiculously grindy achievements.

Just because you can't put in the time to earn them doesn't mean the requirements should be lowered just so you can. You're basically asking for developers to make easy achievements just so you can get them. No one is forcing you to get these achievements or to keep playing until you get them.

What's next? You want developers to lower the difficulty on games so you can get the achievements for beating games on Hard/Insane, because those difficulties don't play like you're on Easy and you can't beat them and get the achievement the developer needs to make a change?
Well done on completing the game!

Actually Gears did change the requirements for a few achievements. One was the "Longshot Mastery" and the other"Chest Candy". Both of which I achieved as well as the Seriously 4.0. I don't mind grinding for an achievement as long as there is some variation in the actual grinding.

I can and have put the time in games when I can, and as I work, it might only be for a few hours a day.

Achievement
Something very good and difficult that you have succeeded in doing:

Getting something over and over again that is not a challenge and just repetitive is, by its very definition, not an achievement.

I never asked to lower the difficulty of the level of games and have completed games like Gears on Inconceivable solo, so I don't mind a challenge.

Its very easy to make comments when you have completed the game, maybe take a step back and come across with less arrogance and more helpful suggestions.
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 20 February 19 at 02:57
I didn't mean to sound arrogant, but your post sounded like your were whining about having to repeatedly doing something. Which is pretty much what you do in every single game now. It's all the same repetitive missions and game modes, just a different story behind it.

Which I personally find to be the case for the majority of games that are more multiplayer orientated. They all have the same 5 modes, you just have different characters and weapons, but you keep playing the same versus matches over and over again, there really isn't any variation in the gameplay at all, just in how you play based on the achievement you are trying to get.

With Fortnite it's not much different as there is really only a few types of missions, but the game tries to make them seem different with the level design and random spawn spot of the objectives, storyline, and character humor. And if you play through all the side quests and story based missions, most of those grindy achievements won't need to be grinded out. You may still have to do some grinding near the end, but it won't be nearly as much as you think. Plus only 1 of them do you yourself actually have to do completely.

Plays Well with Others (1000)

You actually have to select the option to Play with Others and search for a random game and play it to completion for it to count. Though you can select the difficulty level and if you keep selecting low levels, you can pretty much coast through them as a high level character (especially if you get low level Storm Shield Defenses). But if you are trying to progress through the game, this it hit or miss, as (unless its been patched in an update) only 1 of the Search modes actually counted. It was the one where you joined a random game in a selected difficulty level, the 2 options did not count toward this.

The rest are based on what the team in that mission does, not just what you do (unless you are playing solo).

Unspeakable Horrors - says that you have to kill 20,000 Mist Monsters, but you don't actually have to be the one to kill it, as long as you do damage to them (even just 1 bullet into them), it counts as a kill for you and anyone else who did damage when it dies, and traps count as you doing damage as long as it was your trap. As you progress through the game, this also becomes easier, as in the higher difficulty levels and storm shields more and more mist monsters will appear, especially in high level storm shields. There is a daily quest for killing 50 Mist Monsters and in high levels you can easily complete that in 1 mission.

World Explorer - says you to fully reveal the map 1500 times. Again you don't have to be the one to do this, as long as you are in the game when the badge for revealing that map pops up you get credit. So as long as someone is going around the map it counts for everyone. You basically have to play 1500 non-storm shield missions to get this. Which through story progression and side quests alone you should be around 1000+.

Guardian Angel - says you need to rescue 10,000 Survivors. Again you don't personally have to rescue all 10,000. As long as you are in the game when they are rescued they count for everyone. This was the only achievement that I truly had to grind at the very end, I was still 2,000 shy of the 10,000. Mainly because when I finished the game, the story line quests for the 3rd and 4th areas weren't completed yet, and a lot of the quests were not Save the Survivor missions that you were required to do in order to progress. In a normal mission there are 5-6 Survivors around the map and on a Save the Survivor mission there is 15. And as long as someone rescues them they count toward those you rescued.

Talented Builder - says you need to build 500,000 structures. I thought this would be a grind and early on it seems like it. But this is another cumulative based on what everyone in the game does. If you are in a mission, every building piece and trap you put down counts as 1 structure. So if you put down 100 pieces and your other 3 teammates do the same, at the end of the match you will get credit for placing 400 structures. Early on I was boosting this achievement with 4-5 of the others in the Top 10, but when we got to the higher difficulty areas we realized we didn't really need to boost. Yes we got it done quicker (especially after they increased the amount of each material you can hold from 999 to 5000), but in the level 100 missions we were creating such large elaborate bases filled with traps because of the massive amount enemies that come at you.

Granted now with all the updates since i've completed it and how the skill system and weapons have been revamped, they've added the storyline quests for the 3rd and 4th areas and they changed the last areas requirements in order to do Storm Shield 6 (so the requirements to get to this achievement were changed), that I probably could have finished the game sooner than I did as the game is actually a bit easier now, though still a bit time consuming.

Toward the end when I was almost finished with the game, their ended up being a lot of people who would idle in game who knew that they didn't have to actually do anything, as long as someone else did the work they could walk away and come back. Epic had always had an auto-kick built in the game for idlers, if you idle for more than 15-20 minutes the game would kick you out and you would lose any progress made. So people started rubberbanding controllers to spin in circles to prevent being idle kicked. So Epic released a Report Gamer function and if the player got reported enough and they were in fact guilty of what was being reported Epic would ban them or prohibit them from joining group games, thus forcing them to play solo.

Not really sure how well the Report function actually works though, but Epic did send one of my friends a message thanking for his report of a player and that they took necessary action. But I got to the point where I started playing solo in low level private matches for my final 1500 Survivors when my friends weren't on (or since they had already completed the game) because in public matches I had randoms running around the map activating all the survivors and they would let them die, thus I wasn't getting the full 15 per match. They were looking for specific things (mainly Storm Chests) on the map and once they found it they'd get it and then leave the game.

But I still say that when compared to the Seriously achievements in Gears 1-3 that Fortnite is a quicker more doable completion. Seriously 4.0 is a joke compared the previous Gears games. Gears 4 is great for anyone just starting out, but for those who bought the game Day 1 like I did, a lot of the DLC achievements are more repetitive and grindy than what Fortnite asks you to do. Especially since in Gears 4 everyone who had completed the game before the DLC achievements were released technically had to redo multiplayer, with getting 5000 kills and the weapon masteries as most people had already met those requirements prior to the DLC, just TC didn't count their progress.

And personally I didn't mind the grind (until the last 2000 survivors) as I was playing with a great group of people, and Epic kept introducing new events and content (hoverboards) that made the game not feel like such a grind. Which I think is true for any multiplayer game, the people you play with can turn a grindy game in a shorter and longer grind. If you're going solo or with a group of randoms who either suck at the game or refuse to cooperate as a team to complete the objective then it just becomes that much of longer more boring and unbearable grind. But if you're playing with friends who and are all working together then that same grind can actually be quite enjoyable and go quicker as you are actually having fun.
JungAndReckless
Posted on 21 February 19 at 03:48
It's fine that you enjoy a grind, but I found the game way too easy and boring to enjoy a grind. Unless the game changes greatly later on, the first 3 regions feel pretty simple and almost bad. It felt like build a small base, barely get threatened by zombies, finish. It's cool that you like it, but I found it to be crushingly repetitive, to the point where I couldn't even finish half of the campaign. There's no way I could ever complete 2000+ missions like that, I probably only ended up doing around 100.

I don't have any seriously achievements besides the original, but to me at least, I enjoy competitive multiplayer grinds more. I enjoy outplaying others while working on a difficult achievement, and it keeps things a lot fresher. I would, however, wish that most achievements were more skill based and required only small grinds. I think something that takes roughly the same amount of time as getting a 10th prestige in a COD game would be better as a max time commitment.
Achvement
Achvement
Posted on 30 March 19 at 23:06
If anyone is looking to grind together let me know.
DubstepEdgelord
Posted on 31 March 19 at 19:12
Plankerton is dead I need to do missions in it but I have no STW friends and the ones I have are either at Stonewood or Twine Peaks.
DubstepEdgelord
DarkSunLegend
DarkSunLegend
Posted on 07 July 19 at 19:45
doesnt matter, STW is broken as hell right now. cant even join into YOUR OWN storm defense. its a joke.
Darkness is Rising....
TromboneGuy360
Posted on 08 July 19 at 12:09
For those who can't join a game, go to your setting and change your region from auto to literately any specific region; NA West, NA East, etc.
I had the same problem, couldn't join anything.
"Imagine if you only woke up tomorrow with the things you prayed for today."
Agovia
Agovia
Posted on 15 July 19 at 19:44
hi friends, if someone wants to play alone to get the achievements please add me, my gamertag is Agovia, now I just play save the survivors, make structures and complete the map.
xDaddy Cake
xDaddy Cake
Posted on 08 August 19 at 12:47
OT, but was wondering why are STW achievements listed as dlc when it was out before battle royale part
DrSchlepenstein
Posted on 08 August 19 at 21:26
xDaddy Cake said:
OT, but was wondering why are STW achievements listed as dlc when it was out before battle royale part
Probably because Battle Royal is free and is considered to be the actual game now, and Save the World you have to buy and is still considered in its BETA.
KaiyoOrganiz
KaiyoOrganiz
Posted on 10 August 19 at 15:04
BS game has its achievements on the wrong mode.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.