Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Tour de France Delistings Reason Wasn't Licensing Expiry

• punkyliarpunkyliar237,557
  • Posted on 12 February 19 at 12:58
    At a guess they got de-listed because they were old and no one had probably bought them in months.

Different question - do they have to pay to have them listed on the xbox store to begin with? If so, that might be why
  • beemohbeemoh79,503
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 13:11
    When Bethesda bought id Software, DOOM and DOOM II- which were published to XBLA by Activision- disappeared from the 360 Store. They re-appeared later with Bethesda as publisher and players experienced no material changes- they didn't need to re-buy the game, another Achievements list didn't appear, I don't think there was even a new build of the game. They just went offline while the titles changed hands.

So maybe this is the same deal, and we can expect all the Le Tour games to pop back up with a new publisher when the process finalises.
  • MLP ThomazMLP Thomaz889,165
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 13:12
    TheGreatKoala said:
    At a guess they got de-listed because they were old and no one had probably bought them in months.

Different question - do they have to pay to have them listed on the xbox store to begin with? If so, that might be why
    My guess would be they have to pay a fee to get the game into the store then microsoft gets a cut from each sale
  • Posted on 12 February 19 at 13:55
    MLP Thomaz PhD said:
    TheGreatKoala said:

My guess would be they have to pay a fee to get the game into the store then microsoft gets a cut from each sale
    Well M$ for sure gets a cut. It is the same for any store, like Steam and Google Play. They provide the service and deliver the customers, so it is only fair. The % of the cut is another thing.
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4596,123
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 13:57
    MLP Thomaz PhD said:
    TheGreatKoala said:

Yeah they have to pay to have them listed so games usually go down then come back when the new owner starts paying. One of the Call of Juarez games had that happen then disappeared again and I don't think has come back
  • CheshireMulishaCheshireMulisha2,249,895
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 14:18
    I think ID@xbox games get to list their games for free but they have to apply and provide concepts (although not sure what quality control MS does after that as we've had some awful buggy games published), not sure about none ID@Xbox games.

I'm surprised some of the asset flippers that plague the steam marketplace haven't tried invading XBL (Its starting to leak onto PSN)
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,403,262
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 14:19
    I don't believe you need to pay money to get it listed. But yes, you do pay a cut per sale.

The delisting is due to contracts. They obviously need a new contract, signed by new licenseholders.
  • Posted on 12 February 19 at 14:30
    SantaUndercover said:
    MLP Thomaz PhD said:
    TheGreatKoala said:

Well M$ for sure gets a cut. It is the same for any store, like Steam and Google Play. They provide the service and deliver the customers, so it is only fair. The % of the cut is another thing.
    Thanks for that, I wasn't sure if that was the case
  • Posted on 12 February 19 at 16:51
    If it's just changing hands, I'd imagine those games'd be relisted at some point.
    I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
  • lankyjustinlankyjustin609,446
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 17:20
    Does it really matter. When was the game last bought? I have loads in my collection just not started them. Bought in sale only.
  • Calex dEUSCalex dEUS1,364,073
    Posted on 12 February 19 at 23:25
    We need Zwift with XBL support and cheevos!!!!!!!!!
  • CHRISNINETY1CHRISNINETY1438,115
    Posted on 13 February 19 at 01:29
    I assumed the delisted ones had all failed a drugs test, so they were stripped from the Microsoft Store.
  • Posted on 14 February 19 at 03:00
    CHRISNINETY1 said:
    I assumed the delisted ones had all failed a drugs test, so they were stripped from the Microsoft Store.
    Brilliant. You may wear the gold jersey.
  • mcnichojmcnichoj242,790
    Posted on 15 February 19 at 04:43
    2013 and 2014 just popped up on ExoPhase under Google Play achievements. So I guess these will get relisted?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.